You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BarronRichthofen

Did WG change Detonation's again???

20 comments in this topic

[DRHS]
Members
428 posts
20,007 battles

So in the past few days I've been detonated more than I have in the past 6 months, 4 times today alone. 2 of them from torp's up the kilt on high health BB's. 6 in the past 2 days only one of which would be considered a normal detonation. ( Nelson fire on my T-61 a point blank range).

Just curious if there was a change i missed or extreemly bad luck.

• Funny 1

[WOLF3]
Members
27,010 posts
23,803 battles
40 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

They were not changed. 

Why are you not flying det flags?

It's a strange thing with people in this game.  They get these Detonation flags, refuse to use them, and when they get Detonated again, they come to the boards and complain about it while a stack of those flags are still sitting there unused.

That said OP, for Battleships, Torpedoes are the one thing that can realistically Detonate them.  I know people are fond of trying to comb torpedoes and avoid them, but realize when those torpedoes hit the hull sections where your Torpedo Bulges / TDS system aren't, bad things can happen.  With no torp bulge, the torps may get a shot at the Citadel.

Image result for training day boom gif

Seen this happen plenty times.

My friend in his high HP Montana takes a Shima torpedo in the bow.  Detonates.

I've used CV Torpedo Bombers and landed a torp on the bow of a Tirpitz.  Detonates.

I was playing my Musashi and an Akatsuki gets briefly spotted, I knew torps were in the water.  I maneuvered away but a single torpedo hits the hull just ahead of my forward most turret, where there isn't a torpedo bulge and the awesome high Yamato-class TDS value.  I detonated.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,439 posts
14,361 battles

I've seen a lot more dets in the last few months than prior but got the same responses that you did so figured meh.  I'm positive they changed something but nobody wants to hear it.

[DRHS]
Members
428 posts
20,007 battles

TBH i don't run det flags on BB's, I save them for my DD's which without them have a tendenacy to go boom alot.  Just seen so many since the last patch was wondering if I missed it in the notes.

[HAVC5]
Members
82 posts
12,129 battles

Am I the only person in the world that finds it just plain stupid that questions asked like this, that have to do with actual server side adjustments, implementation or whatever done by the company running the game...  get answered by people that have nothing more to do with the game server than the OP? 

Its the same in every game. Players answering tech questions as if they actually and factually know the answer.

Yeah this is gonna wrinkle a few pair of panties but damn son, you shouldn't be wearing women's panties to begin with!

meh

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
6,132 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Bill_Halsey said:

Det flags and change the module to magazine protection

Redundant...flag gives immunity to dets...equipping the mod if you're gonna fly the flag wastes the 1st upgrade spot.

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

Torps hitting in the right place at the right angle can easy hit the magazine of many BBs. This has a decent chance of detonating you right then and there. I detonated a Yamato last night in my Harekaze because a torp found it's way into his forward magazines just before the torpedo bulge. This isn't anything new though.

Members
170 posts
5,799 battles

While playing 10 battles for 10 crates with Musashi in coop, twice did I detonate an enemy Musashi with a lolpen through the bow.  I expect to get detonated within minutes on my next battle back in randoms.

[R-F]
Members
1,787 posts
10,853 battles
5 hours ago, Severed42 said:

Am I the only person in the world that finds it just plain stupid that questions asked like this, that have to do with actual server side adjustments, implementation or whatever done by the company running the game...  get answered by people that have nothing more to do with the game server than the OP? 

Its the same in every game. Players answering tech questions as if they actually and factually know the answer.

Yeah this is gonna wrinkle a few pair of panties but damn son, you shouldn't be wearing women's panties to begin with!

meh

Thing is, WG announces the changes they make.  Changing a particular ship's stats, like the accuracy or reload rate of the guns?  They announce that.  Changing an overall game mechanic, like how AA or detection in smoke works?  They announce that.  So a player that keeps up with all the news should be equipped to answer these things... unless you think this is the one time WG made a mechanics change and didn't announce it.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,611 posts
14,633 battles

Det flags and magazine mod.

Last time I've detonated (in randoms) March 2018 and counting.

unknown.png

[REVY]
Members
2,280 posts
12,236 battles

Did see a battle with a double Detonation within seconds of each other.

Was not a double strike, but it was an interesting chat feed for a bit after.

cwRtx6S.gif

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,438 posts
6,495 battles
On 11/9/2019 at 7:05 PM, neptunes_wrath said:

I got DET in my GKF last night... I went back to port and picked another ship.... moving on...

And have the flags to prove it!   

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
115 posts
6,982 battles
On 11/10/2019 at 12:47 AM, Brhinosaurus said:

Thing is, WG announces the changes they make.  Changing a particular ship's stats, like the accuracy or reload rate of the guns?  They announce that.  Changing an overall game mechanic, like how AA or detection in smoke works?  They announce that.  So a player that keeps up with all the news should be equipped to answer these things... unless you think this is the one time WG made a mechanics change and didn't announce it.

They don’t announce everything, never have. Ever ever since 2011.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,000 posts
14,494 battles

WG has been pretty good at being upfront with changes to mechanics like this, so I'd say either you're just unlucky or if detonations are increased overall and happening in situations they wouldn't have earlier it's a bug.

• Funny 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
115 posts
6,982 battles
1 minute ago, lloyd1701 said:

WG has been pretty good at being upfront with changes to mechanics like this, so I'd say either you're just unlucky or if detonations are increased overall and happening in situations they wouldn't have earlier it's a bug.

Man if you really believe that I feel bad for you because data mining is a thing

• Cool 1