Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Gunga_Dinner

North Carolina

6 comments in this topic

Members
1,660 posts

Instead of playing the NC today, this is what I've been doing:

http://www.battleshipnc.com/event-calendar/hidden-battleship/

The weather was perfect, the tour was awesome, and time seemed to stand still.  An incredible day out.  You crouch in a gun turret, squeeze through a hatch, and you wonder how anything could survive getting hit by those huge shells.  I couldn't help but recall my version of her and the battles I've had.  Perhaps, probably, my favorite BB of the USN line tech tree or premium.  Wish the WarGaming tour would've stopped here.

An amazing tour and well worth the money.  Makes you realize how good the modern sailor has it, how good we all have it. 

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
175 posts
12,175 battles

Yea, I too wish WG would have come by the NC this year for their tour.  She's a great ship that's in-game and she's been taken care of very well.  Hopefully next year!

Members
1,660 posts
8 minutes ago, Backwards_Logic said:

Yea, I too wish WG would have come by the NC this year for their tour.  She's a great ship that's in-game and she's been taken care of very well.  Hopefully next year!

She is very well preserved and in great shape.  They were saying how parts were even taken out of her to get the other BBs fixed and recommissioned in the 80s/90s.  One of her turrets is empty on the inside from it I was told, but still, over all, the ship is in great shape and doing well.  I always enjoy visiting her.

[HINON]
Members
13,278 posts
32 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Wish the WarGaming tour would've stopped here.

Yeah that would have been nice and a number of players did request that. WG did reach out to the NC but they were unable to accommodate the group this year. If they do another tour, I'm sure they will try again.

Sign in to follow this