Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
neptunes_wrath

how to GROZOVOI

26 comments in this topic

Members
3,089 posts
564 battles

OK so long story short I am just starting this ship, and am 1-4 in it so far.... 17 Pt Capt and watched a couple vids on it and how some play it...
I want to love this ship like I fist did years ago about the Khab... I like that it doesn't take BB AP damage but dont like that it is not as fast... I LOVE the AAA Consumable, but dont like the 2 recharges of the consumable (I got SI to get three) I like the torp range and the guns...

SO who has it and has good success in it, and WHY  (What modules did YOU take and capt skills...) and why....

I did not take either rudder improvement modules and I might rethink the rudder shift for the propulsion mod...it is a little more sluggish than I think I want it to be to maneuver for DD hunting ...

I want to love this ship like the players I watched do.... 
Thanks...

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
30 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

OK so long story short I am just starting this ship, and am 1-4 in it so far.... 17 Pt Capt and watched a couple vids on it and how some play it...
I want to love this ship like I fist did years ago about the Khab... I like that it doesn't take BB AP damage but dont like that it is not as fast... I LOVE the AAA Consumable, but dont like the 2 recharges of the consumable (I got SI to get three) I like the torp range and the guns...

SO who has it and has good success in it, and WHY  (What modules did YOU take and capt skills...) and why....

I did not take either rudder improvement modules and I might rethink the rudder shift for the propulsion mod...it is a little more sluggish than I think I want it to be to maneuver for DD hunting ...

Thanks...

Keep

Firing and use AP more often than you're used to in a DD.

The torps suck. They dont do much damage. Guns are king. Open water is your friend. You are rather fat and dont turn well so uslands arent always a goid idea. Using islands for torp ambushes iften backfires because you cant always sink your target with torps.

Use your range and survivability and avoid knife fights with high dpm dds.

Know where the dpm cruisers are at all times.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,015 posts
25,605 battles

I had trouble at first until I set it up as a pure gunboat.  Lert made a post about this build and it really helped me a lot to improve my results in it.  I cannot find his post from quite a while ago about it, but here is where I ended up and it has been a lot more fun to use since then.  LS as usual is a must for a DD.  SE plus Supt to get the extra health and extra heal are also a must imo.  And since it's a gunboat and it has great high velocity guns (950 m/s) use AFT as well.  I took CE to go dark when needed and use AR to boost dps when hurt.  I use steering gears mod 2 to get a little extra movement to avoid shots at range while open water firing.  And when the slow reloading torps are ready use them when possible. 

Good luck.

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
51 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Thanks...

I can tell you exactly how to Grozvoi. 

Sell it and get a DD that is not a gimp.

• Confused 2
  • Boring 1

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
11 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

I can tell you exactly how to Grozvoi. 

Sell it and get a DD that is not a gimp.

Boo-urns.

Groz is a beast.

Legendary mod Groz is where it starts to really lolz

• Cool 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
2,015 posts
25,605 battles
4 minutes ago, legozer said:

Boo-urns.

Groz is a beast.

Yep....that legendary mod is super for a gunboat Groz!!   Well said.

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,065 battles

It’s a light cruiser with really good concealment. I took the steering mod over propulsion as it’s sluggish turning but concealment mod instead of steering 3. You should not be the first into a cap. Support the cap. Spot. When you have sight support pop smoke and farm some dmg. With your concealment torps are viable so it does have utility as a hybrid dd. Gun boat build works very well, and it plays well as a kiting cruiser. You don’t want to knife fight a dd. If you run into a gearing, daring, or IJN gun dds hit the speed boost open the distance and you have the advantage. The unique upgrade gives you 3 sec reload on main guns and it really puts out the out the shells. 

dont rush time cap. Use your concealment to spot/dump torps. Smoke and farm when you can. Kite in open water. 

capt skills. SI is mandatory. SE, aft, bft and CE are very good but you have to decide 3 point skill or aft and ce.  

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,035 battles

I'm thinking of using Nikolay Kuzentsov because of his "Will to Victory" and extra consumable for the " First Strike". 

Kuznetsov.png

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
36 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

It’s a light cruiser with really good concealmen

Grozovoi is a cruiser with good concealment in tge same way Alaska is a DD with lousy concealment.

Groz is a kickin DD through and through.

• Confused 1

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
3 hours ago, legozer said:

Boo-urns.

Groz is a beast.

Then please explain why it has crappy stats?

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
Just now, Vaffu said:

Crappy players.

• Funny 1

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
13 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Citation needed.

grozstats.thumb.png.a8b0306fc01f5f5b42ffcc0356f15c85.png

Edit; Auto correct FFS.

Edited by Stand_Alone97

[DDMAF]
Members
2,897 posts
16,263 battles
14 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Crappy boat...

The variance in stats among the most established T10 DDs is pretty small. None of the T10 DDs is a bad ship; they are all very strong in their respective ways. Gearing is a great ship, but it sits mired FIRMLY in last place stats-wise. Anyone that thinks its statistical position has anything to do with it being a crappy boat knows nothing about this game or its players,

Groz is exactly middle of the pack. It's an excellent DD, and, as with all DDs, most of the player base hasn't the foggiest idea how to play her (DDs will always have crappy stats as a result, with a few outliers played mainly by experienced, high skill players like Somers).

• Cool 1

[ALWC]
Members
1,180 posts
14,065 battles
3 hours ago, legozer said:

Grozovoi is a cruiser with good concealment in tge same way Alaska is a DD with lousy concealment.

Groz is a kickin DD through and through.

It’s a great dd, but you play it more like a light cruiser or you can. It’s a great hybrid. I have games where I spot, cap and rack up torp damage and others where I’m running and gunning all over the map racking up whitherers. I like it because it can flex in game to be a torp dd or daka daka fire bug. 

it’s all I play in t10 ranked. 

[SHAFT]
Members
799 posts
17,190 battles
6 hours ago, neptunes_wrath said:

Thanks...

For me so far its been a very fun ship, only 18 battles though, but I have been able to maintain a 67% WR which for me at T10 is great.

I share my 19 pointer between it and the Leningrad. Both ships have workable guns in my opinion so I focussed on a bit of a stealth/torp reload build.

While the 10k torps don't do massive amounts of damage I have found the range and speed to be very useful in the current meta. AAA consumable is pretty mandatory now, but the dpm even with it does not suggest a full aa build is the way to go.

My set up is below. One other thing, I bought the perma cammo for it, so the results I have gotten would be skewed to factor this in.

shot-19.11.09_23.59.00-0649.jpg

shot-19.11.09_23.59.39-0701.jpg

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
3 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Citation needed.

grozstats.thumb.png.a8b0306fc01f5f5b42ffcc0356f15c85.png

Edit; Auto correct FFS.

Nice try now click the all tab instead of the top 5 percent.

Members
1,493 posts
10,847 battles
34 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

I am the best Grozovoi player on NA

thats a bold statement cotton, ive heard the leader of 07 is a bit of a young god at the grozovoi

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
10 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Nice try now click the all tab instead of the top 5 percent.

Irrelevant. To see the true measure of ship you need to see how well it performs when used by competent players.

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
27 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Irrelevant. To see the true measure of ship you need to see how well it performs when used by competent players.

Wrong. You need to see how it performs as a whole. 

Your way would be like a car manufacturer putting out a Le Mans race car and only testing it with professional drivers then claiming to the general public it is safe to drive on the streets because none of our test drivers crashed

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
16 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Wrong. You need to see how it performs as a whole. 

Your way would be like a car manufacturer putting out a Le Mans race car and only testing it with professional drivers then claiming to the general public it is safe to drive on the streets because none of our test drivers crashed

Terrible strawman. Not even a relevant comparison...

Even when you look at all Groz sit smack dab in the middle of all the tier 10 DDs. So seems fairly well balanced to me and a lot of those games could have been pre-buff. Especially when Somers and Kleber are so new that there stats are artificially inflated right now.

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
2 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Terrible strawman. Not even a relevant comparison...

Even when you look at all Groz sit smack dab in the middle of all the tier 10 DDs. So seems fairly well balanced to me and a lot of those games could have been pre-buff. Especially when Somers and Kleber are so new that there stats are artificially inflated right now.

It is exactly the same premise. You just do not have an intelligent reply as to why you were wrong.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles
25 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

It is exactly the same premise. You just do not have an intelligent reply as to why you were wrong.

Except I'm not wrong. The Groz currently sits 4th overall when played by players who actually understand the strengths of the ship and how to maximize it. When played by the average potato it sits middle of the pack.(Literally perfect balance.)

No an actual comparison for Le Mans would be one driver saying the car is out of balance, has poor grip etc. Then after the others two drivers tested it they would agree. If the other two drivers say it's fine then it's a user issue not the car. In this case YOU saying it's bad while the general opinion is that it's in quite a good spot currently.

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
4 hours ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Except I'm not wrong. The Groz currently sits 4th overall when played by players who actually understand the strengths of the ship and how to maximize it. When played by the average potato it sits middle of the pack.(Literally perfect balance.)

No an actual comparison for Le Mans would be one driver saying the car is out of balance, has poor grip etc. Then after the others two drivers tested it they would agree. If the other two drivers say it's fine then it's a user issue not the car. In this case YOU saying it's bad while the general opinion is that it's in quite a good spot currently.

Exactly my point. the race car driver can handle the 1000 horsepower car safely on the city streets but your average driver will not be able to.

So because the racecar driver can do it safely that means its safe? No. It is only safe for a professional to drive and not your average driver.

This is exactly what your reasoning is behind Groz. 4th is not good or at least it did not use to be before participation trophies became a thing.

So what you are really saying is that even the top 5 percent of players cannot make it perform well.

Edited by Vaffu

Sign in to follow this