Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roberto577_One

The Dallas is great!

8 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles

I like playing different ships, i.e., ships with different play-styles, and so I picked up the Dallas, since I hadn't yet tried the IFHE, burn everything in sight type of ship.

Well, my first six battles in the Dallas have all been Tier 8 battles, all of which were victories, and I've survived 5 of them, the only one I died in was because I had 300 HP left after a brawl with a Pensacola, and a CV sent rocket planes after me. I have 71K average damage, and my highest damage was 114K in which I melted a Scharnhorst, Kii, and Normandie for over 100K between them.

I'm a complete noob for the most part, but this ship is great! I stick to island cover for the first part of the match, then I try to farm from behind cover. But the part I usually get the most damage in is when the match is nearing the end, and I pick a lonely BB and open-water gunboat him Russian DD style. The rudder shift is good enough that you can troll the hell out of BB's with WASD hacks.

Also, I find that your damage typically ends up being about a 2-1 ratio of HE damage and fire damage. With IFHE, you deal a lot of raw damage, and getting 2 to 3K damage volleys on BB's is quite frequent if you aim well.

It's just a really fun ship for me, and I just discovered that I like the burn everything play-style a lot, so I thought I'd just put it out there for you guys.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,811 posts
4,631 battles

Like to live dangerously, eh?  I think you're getting the hang of this here game.

Dallas may be my favorite T6 bote.  Helena is the gem of the line, so Dallas rarely gets the mention.  Big difference from Omaha, eh?

Are you using Demolition Expert with IFHE? 

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles

Hated it at first but once elited it clicked.  The range (both gunnery and detection) is still an issue which forces you to be unduly cautious and passive during the first half of matches, but if you can survive that then you can clean up later, when the environment is less dangerous.

...and that AP does wonders on the unwary.

[SYN]
Members
5,877 posts
13,296 battles
3 minutes ago, Bortt said:

Wait until you get Helena with IFHE. Lol

Also, ^^this.

IFHE Helena is magnificent!  :Smile_great:

[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,811 posts
4,631 battles
4 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

..and that AP does wonders on the unwary.

Oh yeah.  Forgot to mention.  Her AP is deadly in the right circumstances.  A very underestimated attribute.

[RLGN]
Members
14,330 posts
25,270 battles
44 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Oh yeah.  Forgot to mention.  Her AP is deadly in the right circumstances.  A very underestimated attribute.

I just like the way it looks.

Generally have done okay with it, but am too passive to ever really do well with Dallas or any ship for that matter.

Seriously, Atlanta game last night; never used Radar, just 60 hits... 😑

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles

Yeah, I only have a 10-point captain right now, with PT, AR, DE, and IFHE.

And I just had my first glorious AP moment with her. Managed to ambush a broadside Kirov at 6 km thanks to a dead enemy DD's smoke. 2 volleys, 5 citadels, and 17K damage later, he was back in port.

4 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

I just like the way it looks.

Generally have done okay with it, but am too passive to ever really do well with Dallas or any ship for that matter.

Seriously, Atlanta game last night; never used Radar, just 60 hits... 😑

It does look awesome, doesn't it?

And yeah, I can't wait for Helena, the only downside I can see is worse rudder shift and turning circle, other than that, seems like a straight upgrade.

Also, one thing I forgot to mention was her AA. Almost all of the matches I've been in has had a CV in it, including several with Tier 8 CV's, but I haven't really had an issue with them. In the 7 matches I've played, I've apparently shot down 36 planes.

Sign in to follow this