Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Congrats iDuckman as a new Wiki Editor!

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

992
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

I know some have asked for iDuckman to be a wiki editor, and with his interest in keeping numbers current, it's well deserved.

I didn't see iDuckman mentioned when 3 new wiki editors were announced recently, though he was later given a Coo of Boom flag along with the three as a wiki editor. I'll take that to mean iDuckman is now a wiki editor!

Congrats @iDuckman on your new role as a Wiki Editor!

 

Hope you don't mind a question.

Do wiki editors get additional tools (that the general player who wants to edit the wiki doesn't get) to help in editing the wiki?

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,925
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,792 posts
4,631 battles

Thank you kindly, henry²chen.  Yes, I kinda bypassed the application process.  Someone might have thought I was already an editor.  Now with a Coo of Boom flag I feel as though I have been knighted in a holy cause.  However, trying to get the rest of the staff to refer to me as Sir Ducken isn't working too well.  They keep snickering.  [You think I can't hear you?  I'm right here!]

Tools?  Yes, a few. 

  • Biggest one for me is a WoWS press account with most all the ships in port.  Now I can see what they look like inside without having to guess from my paltry 60 or so.  We can drive them if we need to, but only in non-competitive modes.
  • We get temporary test ships in our main accounts, which is important for the intrepid ship page writers who have to describe them without flights of fantasy or input from the player base, since they haven't been released yet.  
  • And admin privileges on the wiki -- something that is rarely useful but is very useful when it is.
  • The Wiki Team to bounce stuff off before getting it wrong in public.  (These guys are a lot of fun, too.)

Other than early access, though, we have pretty much the same tools as the non-professional contributor.  (A "contributor" needs only 100 battles to qualify, btw.)  So you guys that don't have titles, keep up the good work!  And tell us if you think we screwed something up.  Not that that ever happens, of course...

Thanks again for your kind words, 

Sir Ducken

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
636
[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
3 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Thank you kindly, henry²chen.  Yes, I kinda bypassed the application process.  Someone might have thought I was already an editor.  Now with a Coo of Boom flag I feel as though I have been knighted in a holy cause.  However, trying to get the rest of the staff to refer to me as Sir Ducken isn't working too well.  They keep snickering.  [You think I can't hear you?  I'm right here!]

Tools?  Yes, a few. 

  • Biggest one for me is a WoWS press account with most all the ships in port.  Now I can see what they look like inside without having to guess from my paltry 60 or so.  We can drive them if we need to, but only in non-competitive modes.
  • We get temporary test ships in our main accounts, which is important for the intrepid ship page writers who have to describe them without flights of fantasy or input from the player base, since they haven't been released yet.  
  • And admin privileges on the wiki -- something that is rarely useful but is very useful when it is.
  • The Wiki Team to bounce stuff off before getting it wrong in public.  (These guys are a lot of fun, too.)

Other than early access, though, we have pretty much the same tools as the non-professional contributor.  (A "contributor" needs only 100 battles to qualify, btw.)  So you guys that don't have titles, keep up the good work!  And tell us if you think we screwed something up.  Not that that ever happens, of course...

Thanks again for your kind words, 

Sir Ducken

I see what you're doing... slowly rising in status and power until all of a sudden, you're disposing the Roman Senate and proclaiming yourself emperor... I'm on to you.

Besides that, congratulations on you new responsibilities.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,925
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,792 posts
4,631 battles
1 minute ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

I see what you're doing... slowly rising in status and power until all of a sudden, you're disposing the Roman Senate and proclaiming yourself emperor... I'm on to you.

Besides that, congratulations on you new responsibilities.

Shh!  I've got it all figured out.  Except for how to get past Fem; her tasters are too diligent.

 

And you just had to mention the 'r' word, didn't you?  Now I feel like I have to go edit something...

  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,920
[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
14,113 posts
19,208 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Thank you kindly

Now we know who to blame ….. ! (Congrats, I hope you enjoy your new position!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,268
[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,083 posts
7,978 battles

Yes, we pulled the duck in by force which unfortunately meant that he couldn‘t be posted in the contest thread. But he lost some feathers already, and we are preparing some orange sauce.

There‘s also access to the Privateer discord on which you have a direct line to the devs for questions and feedback.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,803
[WORX]
Members
10,679 posts
18,567 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Except for how to get past Fem

gave her a case of Red bull are Rockstars ducky,,,

They say it gives her wings...

Edited by Navalpride33

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,569
[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,906 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Shh!  I've got it all figured out.  Except for how to get past Fem; her tasters are too diligent.

 

And you just had to mention the 'r' word, didn't you?  Now I feel like I have to go edit something...

And all this time I thought you were a troll …. a WG troll :)

Well Played  +1

 

 

Edited by Commander_367

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,017
[4HIM]
Members
3,022 posts
12,642 battles

I can only imagine how he's going to edit the Wiki for the Myogi…………………...

 

But hey, congrats Duck.  Or, if you're going for the 'Emperor' title, Duckimus Maximus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
992
[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Thank you kindly, henry²chen.  Yes, I kinda bypassed the application process.  Someone might have thought I was already an editor.  Now with a Coo of Boom flag I feel as though I have been knighted in a holy cause.  However, trying to get the rest of the staff to refer to me as Sir Ducken isn't working too well.  They keep snickering.  [You think I can't hear you?  I'm right here!]

Tools?  Yes, a few. 

  • Biggest one for me is a WoWS press account with most all the ships in port.  Now I can see what they look like inside without having to guess from my paltry 60 or so.  We can drive them if we need to, but only in non-competitive modes.
  • We get temporary test ships in our main accounts, which is important for the intrepid ship page writers who have to describe them without flights of fantasy or input from the player base, since they haven't been released yet.  
  • And admin privileges on the wiki -- something that is rarely useful but is very useful when it is.
  • The Wiki Team to bounce stuff off before getting it wrong in public.  (These guys are a lot of fun, too.)

Other than early access, though, we have pretty much the same tools as the non-professional contributor.  (A "contributor" needs only 100 battles to qualify, btw.)  So you guys that don't have titles, keep up the good work!  And tell us if you think we screwed something up.  Not that that ever happens, of course...

Thanks again for your kind words, 

Sir Ducken

Thanks for the detailed reply, Sir Ducken! Surely the others must appreciate your humor.

54 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Yes, we pulled the duck in by force which unfortunately meant that he couldn‘t be posted in the contest thread. But he lost some feathers already, and we are preparing some orange sauce.

There‘s also access to the Privateer discord on which you have a direct line to the devs for questions and feedback.

Thanks for adding on as well!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,925
[WOLF9]
Privateers
13,792 posts
4,631 battles
15 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

I can only imagine how he's going to edit the Wiki for the Myogi…………………...

I only edit that page with my eyes closed.  Oddly enough, I'm creeping up on it again in my alt account, so I may get to develop a completely fresh and more virulent hatred...

15 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

But hey, congrats Duck.  Or, if you're going for the 'Emperor' title, Duckimus Maximus. 

I've been saving the title, but I'll tell you in confidence.  It shall be Tzar Ducken.

3 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

But can he be trusted?

How can you even ask that question?  F* no!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,267
[WOLFC]
Members
2,876 posts
16,325 battles

I can't think of a better person for this to happen to ... er, I mean, to be honored.

Gratz, Señor Pato ... the position is well deserved!

download.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×