You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ditka_Fatdog

Collections reminder

23 comments in this topic

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
803 posts
9,658 battles

I can’t recall so need some help. The current high school fleet collection for the yammy perma camo is what I am after. It’s not likely I’ll finish it by next week patch. If I stop the collection to start the Italian collection for the special commander can I restart the high school thingy after and keep going until it is also done? Any help is appreciated.

[BBMOD]
Members
348 posts
5,767 battles
5 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

I can’t recall so need some help. The current high school fleet collection for the yammy perma camo is what I am after. It’s not likely I’ll finish it by next week patch. If I stop the collection to start the Italian collection for the special commander can I restart the high school thingy after and keep going until it is also done? Any help is appreciated.

Yes. In the collections screan, there is a toggle to start and stop collecting. You can only actively collect one at a time but you can go back and restart one later.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
803 posts
9,658 battles
Just now, Grimm262 said:

Yes. In the collections screan, there is a toggle to start and stop collecting. You can only actively collect one at a time but you can go back and restart one later.

Ahh yes I see that. Thank you Grimm!

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
26 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

You can keep collecting for the HSF collection even after the patch drops. Once activated, it's permanent.

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles

It's worth noting, though, that not all Collections are created equal. Several of them are non-subscription types where the ONLY way to get items is from the appropriate container, and it appears that the collection for the new RM commander will be one of them. HSF is definitely one that can be paused and picked back up, however.

Matt

Edit: Re-reading that, the point I didn't make clear is that you can most likely work on BOTH the HSF and Italian collections simultaneously. The Italian containers will come from directive rewards only, and the HSF pieces from your regular daily containers.

Edited by mobryan
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,431 posts
15,317 battles

Do you have Yamato, Musashi, HSF Graf Spee, and/or HSF Harekaze?  There are currently missions going for all of those, so that with each win (up to 10 each) in the specified ship (and Co-op counts!), you get an HSF container.  Each container drops several collection pieces.  This could drastically reduce your collection completion time.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
19,871 battles
2 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

There's an Italian collection?

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
9 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

There's an Italian collection?

Not yet, but next patch there is, it's how we will get the new Italian super-commander.

Matt

• Cool 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,073 posts
12 minutes ago, mobryan said:

Not yet, but next patch there is, it's how we will get the new Italian super-commander.

Matt

Speaking of which when does this patch come out?  Patch 8.10

[WW2]
Members
342 posts
6,803 battles
1 hour ago, mobryan said:

It's worth noting, though, that not all Collections are created equal. Several of them are non-subscription types where the ONLY way to get items is from the appropriate container, and it appears that the collection for the new RM commander will be one of them. HSF is definitely one that can be paused and picked back up, however.

Matt

Edit: Re-reading that, the point I didn't make clear is that you can most likely work on BOTH the HSF and Italian collections simultaneously. The Italian containers will come from directive rewards only, and the HSF pieces from your regular daily containers.

Yeah speaking of that I have one of those i have no way to complete. The belle eurpoqe collection. How to complete it?

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
8 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

Speaking of which when does this patch come out?  Patch 8.10

Next week, I believe, though I don't think they've announced a particular day.

Matt

• Cool 1

Members
1,445 posts
7,009 battles
Just now, Darmokattenagra said:

Yeah speaking of that I have one of those i have no way to complete. The belle eurpoqe collection. How to complete it?

Wait until WG has mercy and sells the containers for coal in the Armory. I feel you, I am a single duplicate from completing it...

Matt

[WW2]
Members
342 posts
6,803 battles
Just now, mobryan said:

Wait until WG has mercy and sells the containers for coal in the Armory. I feel you, I am a single duplicate from completing it...

Matt

Sigh. You are right will just have to wait.

[STW-N]
Members
4,083 posts
9,555 battles

What I’m most interested in knowing about the incoming Italian collection is whether or not we have an unlimited time period to complete the collection once we’ve started it, or is it going to be armory-only after a certain period of time.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,868 posts
16,254 battles
45 minutes ago, Avenge_December_7 said:

What I’m most interested in knowing about the incoming Italian collection is whether or not we have an unlimited time period to complete the collection once we’ve started it, or is it going to be armory-only after a certain period of time.

The way the announcement reads, the tokens will only be available from event containers and Daily Shipments during the event ... and from the Armory afterwards ... i.e. it won't be a Subscription Collection.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/italian-cruisers-part-2/#collection

ccc.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
20,024 posts
14,281 battles
22 hours ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Hey Ditka.

The HSF collection is permanent; it drops in standard resource crates, and you WILL get it eventually. The best thing is that they let EVERYONE get the first one, so everyone has a chance to win a Yamato permacamo.

The Italian Commander collection will only be available during the course of the event; and because you can only collect the items in event containers, it will probably not even interfere with the HSF collection. If you fail to finish it, it's coming mid next year to the Armory so you won't miss out. Alternatively, there will almost certainly be premium containers for sale, so consider the benefits TO YOU and spend only as and if you want to.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,584 posts
2,423 battles
17 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

The way the announcement reads, the tokens will only be available from event containers and Daily Shipments during the event ... and from the Armory afterwards ... i.e. it won't be a Subscription Collection.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/italian-cruisers-part-2/#collection

ccc.jpg

The tokens are separate from the collection.

"Elements of the collection can be obtained from event-related containers only."

[ARGSY]
Members
20,024 posts
14,281 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

"Elements of the collection can be obtained from event-related containers only."

You use the tokens to get the crates to get the collection pieces. 

Note that these are different from the tokens we've just spent four weeks earning.

[NSEW]
Members
1,858 posts
10,702 battles
22 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

You can keep collecting for the HSF collection even after the patch drops. Once activated, it's permanent.

Really glad that this is one collection that can be collected without having to purchase the containers.  I really hope this is the case? 

@Femennenly Could you confirm this please?

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
803 posts
9,658 battles
15 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hey Ditka.

The HSF collection is permanent; it drops in standard resource crates, and you WILL get it eventually. The best thing is that they let EVERYONE get the first one, so everyone has a chance to win a Yamato permacamo.

The Italian Commander collection will only be available during the course of the event; and because you can only collect the items in event containers, it will probably not even interfere with the HSF collection. If you fail to finish it, it's coming mid next year to the Armory so you won't miss out. Alternatively, there will almost certainly be premium containers for sale, so consider the benefits TO YOU and spend only as and if you want to.

This was helpful, thanks. I got the tokens piece down but I didn’t read closely enough that the IT collection was only available through event containers. I guess I will just leave it active and work on finishing the HS collection and the new IT one. Appreciate it

[WOLFC]
Members
2,868 posts
16,254 battles
1 hour ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Sorry about the terminology confusion ... I used to think of collections items as tokens.  That was ok until tokens as currency was introduced.

I'll have to be more mindful of that in the future.  Just substitute "collection item" for "token".

Regardless, the collection time is not unlimited, @Avenge_December_7

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
2 hours ago, LowSpeed_US said:

Really glad that this is one collection that can be collected without having to purchase the containers.  I really hope this is the case? 

@Femennenly Could you confirm this please?

I can confirm for you:

image.thumb.png.ffa2d7c1967b0de3c517af7ae22e860e.png

"After that, you have a chance at getting a single portrait in regular containers you open."