Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Hourglas_s

Just Returned - Which USN Cruisers Should I Keep And Which Should I Sell?

12 comments in this topic

Members
4 posts
240 battles

I came back a couple of days ago and the only ship I had was the Omaha from playing just after release, I played a few matches and got the Pensacola upgraded and I'm playing with that.

I noticed that there are two USN Cruiser lines now, which is freaking awesome, I plan on going down both.  But, unlike World of Tanks where, as I went through the German and French Trees, I knew exactly which ones I hated and loved, it's a lot harder in WoWS.  For some reason I can't describe, I find it much more difficult to judge a ship's performance than a tank's performance.

So my question is:  If you were to keep some USN heavy cruisers in port for random matches (not really interested in competitive) which ones would you keep and which would you scuttle and move on from?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,088 posts
18,898 battles

Keep the ones you enjoy. Sell the ones you don't.

• Cool 4

[5IN]
Members
132 posts
24,973 battles

For the light cruisers I kept and still play the Helena and the Cleveland. But, Lert is correct whatever you enjoyed you should keep. 

Members
4 posts
240 battles
26 minutes ago, GianBlutGrafin said:

Hey bud welcome back  :cap_like: for the USN heavy cruisers worth keeping  ..i think tier 7 to tier 10 is good.

Thanks!  Nice to be back and I'm enjoying the game this time around.  Last time I was just too deep in tanks to give this any effort.

So basically, keep everything after the Pensacola and the Dallas?

[5IN]
Members
132 posts
24,973 battles
1 minute ago, Hourglas_s said:

Thanks!  Nice to be back and I'm enjoying the game this time around.  Last time I was just too deep in tanks to give this any effort.

I did not like the Seattle... but I kept it anyway for flake harvesting...… sigh  

[DOG]
Members
691 posts
11,814 battles
6 minutes ago, Hourglas_s said:

I kept them all.  You'll love the Dallas (and Helena is one of my favorites).  I had early difficulties with the Seattle and made it work for me (and still have it).

[PVE]
Members
1,027 posts
8,520 battles

I kept Pensacola, Helena, Cleveland, and Des Moines. I just got the Seattle and only have a few games in it, but it doesn't seem that bad. I found Dallas a bit boring so I kept Pensacola. I didn't keep Baltimore because at T8 I'd rather play Cleveland. I also have Indianapolis so I had no need to keep the T7 heavy cruiser, I'd rather play Helena anyway because 15 barrels.

Honestly I FXP'd past the Buffalo because I had the FXP to spare and nothing in the store interested me so I can't speak on in it. Des Moines is glorious.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,572 posts
15,619 battles

Welcome back!

You asked about USN heavy cruisers. Being a USN line main Captain, in the upper tier the Buffalo, Des Moines, and the premium Salem. The Salem can be purchased with coal through the Armory. It is a twin of the Des Moines with a few differences. It is a either or with radar and hydro acoustic opposed to both with the Des Moines. It also has a slightly shorter range shorter duration radar, a weaker defensive fire in exchange for RN super heal. The Salem does not have the spotter plane either.

The T8 Baltimore has a slower rate of fire. I kept it but rarely play it.

[NG-NL]
Members
256 posts
9,144 battles

Wecome back!
To add to Lert's laconic and excellent advice, I suggest you keep at least one enjoyable ship at each tier.
Each week there is a PvE "scenario" mission at either tier 6 or tier 7, which can be played repeatedly. They have also used tier 8.
It's fun to play with others. Last night, buddies were playing tier 8 battleships. I grabbed a fun little DD to complement the division.

This is a fine time to return and you are indeed spoiled for choice. Enjoy!

[FEF]
Members
69 posts
5,111 battles

Gonna piggyback my own Q onto your thread since it's sorta in the same topic:  for someone that has a Cleve and plans of keeping it, is going up to the Worcester worth it?  How does losing the 5" DP work out versus your 6" battery becoming DP? 

Sign in to follow this