You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ronin69

Kagerō 16 torpedoes

51 comments in this topic

[HITHG]
Members
70 posts
8,752 battles

So I was already dead, but decided to watch the rest of the match.  When much to my surprise a Kagero launched a 16 torpedo attack.  Amazing feat considering it only carries 2 x 4 for a total of 8 torps.  So I went searching to see if there was some upgrade to receive this huge increase in firepower.  No surprise to most of you, but I didn't find a thing.  So is there a cheat out there that allows increasing number of torps?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 4

Members
1,373 posts

Benham - no torpedo reload module just carries 16 torps - eight to a side

Asashio - Tier 8 - (Has Smoke)  Same idea. 2 sets of 4 tube launcher but has the reload booster for 16 torps.  Deep Water Torps so can only be used against BB and CV.  I own one of these and just started using it. Up to 20km range but I run speed boost so 72 knot 16 km range.     So far meh performance but the issue is me more than the DD.  

Edited by Toxic_Potato

[KRAK]
Members
3,714 posts
21,728 battles
46 minutes ago, Ronin69 said:

So I was already dead, but decided to watch the rest of the match.  When much to my surprise a Kagero launched a 16 torpedo attack.  Amazing feat considering it only carries 2 x 4 for a total of 8 torps.  So I went searching to see if there was some upgrade to receive this huge increase in firepower.  No surprise to most of you, but I didn't find a thing.  So is there a cheat out there that allows increasing number of torps?

How do you show 6000 plus games and not know they have a TRB?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Members
9,159 posts
11,174 battles
48 minutes ago, Ronin69 said:

You have over 6k battles and don't know about the torpedo reload booster? Shiratsuyu, Kagero, Yugumo, Akizuki, Kitakaze, and Harugamo are all tech tree IJN DDs with one. Yudachi, Harekaze, Asashio, and Asashio B have it as premiums, and the T6 and T8 PA cruisers Huanghe and Irian have it, as well.

EDIT: Monaghan at T6 has a TRB, as well.

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon

[PVE]
Members
6,169 posts
22,432 battles
1 hour ago, Ronin69 said:

If you click on the smoke consumable (like when you purchase the premium one) you will not only see the premium one as an option but also the options for TRB (either stock or premium).

But that guy was probably just hacking :-)

[WOLF3]
Members
27,063 posts
23,845 battles
2 hours ago, Ronin69 said:

For someone with over 6k battles you should have known that answer already.  It's one of the easiest, most obvious answers considering it is a key feature for a number of IJN Destroyers.  The only "surprise" was how bad your research was for a veteran player.

Kagero pays for that TRB consumable as she has to sacrifice Smoke for it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,373 posts

Don't feel so bad about calling this a cheat.   Two days ago I couldn't figure out how to use a Coupon in the Premium Shop..... Happens to all of us...

You are all mean, trolls and likely Boomers..... Give the Cheat accuser a break! 

• Boring 1

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
13,990 posts
5,814 battles

You didn't seem to search very hard, especially considering your record shows you have play 67 matches with Kagero. So forgetfullness, or ignorance?

• Confused 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
5 hours ago, Vaffu said:

To be fair, not a lot of people playing them run it. It's one of the reasons those ships stats are so low in my opinion.

[A-O]
Members
1,001 posts
10,092 battles
3 hours ago, Super_Dreadnought said:

You didn't seem to search very hard, especially considering your record shows you have play 67 matches with Kagero. So forgetfullness, or ignorance?

Hr searched by asking a question in the forum. This should be encouraged.

Why would you put him down for it?

We can not all be as God like in our wisdom as you think you are.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[0456]
Members
3,610 posts
9,577 battles
3 hours ago, freggo said:

We can not all be as God like in our wisdom as you think you are.

God like wisdom:

1) open google

2) type in Kagero wows 

3) open wows kagero wiki

4) read. 

I don’t think that’s a lot to expect. 

[SKULS]
[SKULS]
Members
206 posts
4,426 battles

I like the Asashio with the torpedo booster massive torp attack I did make one trade off torpedo 20k range for torpedo speed the only down side to this ship is you are limited to attacking BB's and Carriers with the deep water torps no matter how fast they are but its ok soon I will be running the Shimakaze.

[PVE]
Members
4,262 posts
18,616 battles
9 hours ago, Versili said:

TRB and no smoke bubba. Either play as a ninja torp boat  or smokem if you got em .

And, as they say: "and that is that...  No more and no less"

I don't use TRB because it makes you "just another spammer of....x"  Does it work, yes.  Is it an "arcade gimmick":  oh yes.  But, once you are spotted, 93 torpedoes would make no difference and since Airplanes and radar cause that most of the time, what's the point of spamming torpedoes once and then waiting 15 minutes for everyone else to stop playing......

But, there is a choice to make: as well said above.

• Cool 1

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles

You shouldn't be getting spotted though. With the 5.4 concealment and 2.5 air concealment the only times you get spotted is when you either want to or screw up. Radar isn't an issue if you are mindful of it and planes only a problem if the CV player gets a hateboner for you since it's a royal pain to try to find something that small. Honestly the TRB is far better for teamplay too. You don't deny the team vision when you use it and dropping 16 torps makes for great area denial even if you miss.

[THREE]
Members
2,142 posts
10,912 battles
10 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Play only one nation or class and never google anything?

[LNWLF]
Members
172 posts

No it's not a big surprise that you came here because you aren't smart enough or just too lazy to Google wows and the ship name. 

It's so easy to find information on the internet and then to find it five other places to verify it's the right information.

[LNWLF]
Members
172 posts

No it's not a big surprise that you came here because you aren't smart enough or you ate just too lazy to Google wows and the ship name. I bet you are 38 or younger...

I won't even go into the fact this is a server-side game and I'm sure it's way too complicated for you understand that cheats like that are not possible unless you hack into the server. 

It's so easy to find information on the internet and then to find it five other places to verify it's the right information.

Edited by MasterofGladness

[-N-]
Members
2,218 posts
14,717 battles
11 hours ago, Ronin69 said:

You can in place of smoke run the torp reload booster...

[PVE]
Members
4,262 posts
18,616 battles
6 hours ago, Tekina_ said:

You shouldn't be getting spotted though. With the 5.4 concealment and 2.5 air concealment the only times you get spotted is when you either want to or screw up. Radar isn't an issue if you are mindful of it and planes only a problem if the CV player gets a hateboner for you since it's a royal pain to try to find something that small. Honestly the TRB is far better for teamplay too. You don't deny the team vision when you use it and dropping 16 torps makes for great area denial even if you miss.

Can't isn't the same as shouldn't....  With several flights of aircraft wandering around and 3 or 4 radar ships, not getting spotted means all you are doing is "avoiding" everything not to get spotted....!   The days of playing DD's where you could take the time and sneak, are LONG gone.......  Been there and done that.........and, gave it up for Lent.....  And, gave up Randoms as well because they "just aren't any fun for DD mains....."  Get GuD is long gone and over in the game....  All there are are planes and radar and, soon to come, Subs....   No thanks, pass.........

Members
1,225 posts
5,930 battles
7 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Can't isn't the same as shouldn't....  With several flights of aircraft wandering around and 3 or 4 radar ships, not getting spotted means all you are doing is "avoiding" everything not to get spotted....!   The days of playing DD's where you could take the time and sneak, are LONG gone.......  Been there and done that.........and, gave it up for Lent.....  And, gave up Randoms as well because they "just aren't any fun for DD mains....."  Get GuD is long gone and over in the game....  All there are are planes and radar and, soon to come, Subs....   No thanks, pass.........

It's pretty damn easy to be a sneaky ninja boat in these things. The Kagero and Yuugumo are what I take out when I want an easy game to unwind and relax because it's really hard to have a bad game in them.