You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Roberto577_One

Is the Khabarovsk line still fun?

11 comments in this topic

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles

I know that Khabarovsk itself has been completely power-creeped out of existence by Smolensk and Kleber, but is it and the other DD's in it's line still fun? I have the Gnevny and a 10-point captain for it, and I'd like to try out the run 'n' gun playstyle, but if it won't be fun, I won't bother.

As a side note, if Khabarovsk isn't worth it, is Grozovoi?

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,459 posts
13,599 battles

Grozovoi is one of the best/most useful DD lines.  

Khaba is still a lot of fun, and IMO is not eclipsed by Kleber.  Its not the popular thing to say here, but IMO Khaba has better staying power with either smoke or repair party builds than the saturation mechanic that Kleber utilizes.  Once more randoms figure out how to lead Kleber its effectiveness will drop off quite a bit.  Most DDs can counter Kleber pretty hard too using the engagement pattern I do in this video below.  I wrecked a few Klbers in CB last night the last few weeks gunning them down in my Somers of all things.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts

Khaba being my 1st tier 10 I can safely tell you it isn't worth it. I'm going for Groz just because it's like a Russian Gearing or something, but probably better. It has great AA, good torps, stealth, decent guns.

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
7 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Grozovoi is one of the best/most useful DD lines.  Khaba is still a lot of fun, and IMO is not eclipsed by Kleber.  Its not the popular thing to say here, but IMO Khaba has better staying power with either smoke or repair party builds than the saturation mechanic that Kleber utilizes.  Once more randoms figure out how to lead Kleber its effectiveness will drop off quite a bit.  Most DDs can counter Kleber pretty hard too using the engagement pattern I do in this video below.  I wrecked a few Klbers in CB last night the last few weeks gunning them down in my Somers of all things.

Spoiler

I'll take your word for it. In the current meta, which is more fun? Khaba or Groz? Keep in mind, I'm a noob for the most part in pretty much anything but a BB, and I'm talking pure fun factor. And my definition of "fun" is contributing to the win.

Edit: What would be your recommended build for the more fun of the two?

Edited by Roberto577_One

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
4,464 battles

Kiev is one of the most fun ships in the game since they gave it the option to run a heal imo... Really sits in a nice sweet spot of having the Russian Daka Daka open water fun but still having enough concealment to ambush/torp/spot other ships.

[IXM]
Members
1,060 posts
2 minutes ago, Stand_Alone97 said:

Kiev is one of the most fun ships in the game since they gave it the option to run a heal imo... Really sits in a nice sweet spot of having the Russian Daka Daka open water fun but still having enough concealment to ambush/torp/spot other ships.

Yeah I had way more fun in the Minsk and Kiev than Tash and Khaba. The latter two are a step down in my opinion, sadly. I'm not quite sure what made that the case, I simply just didn't do as well in the tier 9 and 10 than the previous ships.

[CVLUL]
3,459 posts
13,599 battles
7 minutes ago, Roberto577_One said:

I'll take your word for it. In the current meta, which is more fun? Khaba or Groz? Keep in mind, I'm a noob for the most part in pretty much anything but a BB, and I'm talking pure fun factor. And my definition of "fun" is contributing to the win.

Edit: What would be your recommended build for the more fun of the two?

Grozovoi is the one to grab first IMO.  Its so much more flexible, useful, and still a lot of fun.

This is my random battles build:  https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PRSD210&modules=11211&upgrades=143224&commander=PCW001&skills=275939330&consumables=22222&lang=en

Members
88 posts
1,070 battles
41 minutes ago, Destroyer_KuroshioKai said:

Grozovoi is the one to grab first IMO.  Its so much more flexible, useful, and still a lot of fun.

This is my random battles build:  https://wowsft.com/ship?index=PRSD210&modules=11211&upgrades=143224&commander=PCW001&skills=275939330&consumables=22222&lang=en

That's the build I was considering, and my Gnevny captain has the beginnings of that build, minus all the tier three skills besides SE. But what do you think about Priority Target over PE?

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
1 hour ago, Vector03 said:

Khaba being my 1st tier 10 I can safely tell you it isn't worth it. I'm going for Groz just because it's like a Russian Gearing or something, but probably better. It has great AA, good torps, stealth, decent guns.

Groz does not have stealth. 6km is the best detect you can get out of it. Groz is nowhere as good as Gearing. Gearing can have 13.1 km fast torps if you use torp accel captain perk, sub-6km detect and fairly good AA if you spec for it.

I do not know why people seem to like Groz it does nothing well even its guns are only so so and is among the worst performers stat-wise of all the DD. 

You want a DD that is fun to play go for the Daring, that ship is pretty darn good.

[CVLUL]
3,459 posts
13,599 battles
53 minutes ago, Roberto577_One said:

That's the build I was considering, and my Gnevny captain has the beginnings of that build, minus all the tier three skills besides SE. But what do you think about Priority Target over PE?

I feel I get more out of PM.  Since the CV rework your guns, torps and other modules can take a beating.  In my testing a Grozovoy would lose almost every gun and torp tube before being sunk.  That was with PM.  PT IMO was a skill I used for second 1 point skills on a few builds.  I mostly have replaced this with IFA once I became aware that a render delay exists between ships shooting at you and the shells rendering on your screen.  IFA lets you start avoiding about a second earlier and because of that I find it more valuable.

• Cool 1

Members
206 posts
2,310 battles
3 hours ago, Roberto577_One said:

But what do you think about Priority Target over PE?

For me...  In a DD I don't feel I get anything out of PT as I always assume that once spotted, EVERYONE on the opfor is shooting at me.  Thus knowing the exact number has no impact on how I move once spotted.   PM helps keep the important things on a DD from braking (as often) and I feel adds more to your survivability.  DK's take on IFA makes sense so would be worth exploring in lieu of PT as a second 1pt DD skill.