You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hotorgolf

Nice Grind Reward

16 comments in this topic

Members
52 posts
7,887 battles

Make it all the way through directive 4 to get the 3 containers.

Yippee! Got a handful of flags, 500 fxp and 400 coal, total.

Don't strain yourself, WG, on the great rewards for the grind.

I shouldn't complain since I'm free play but it just seemed a bit light. 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,336 posts
14,167 battles

Well, the directives are fairly easily obtainable over the course of a week and 3 chances to get a free ship plus the rewards from each directive mission plus the things you actually got from the containers seem reasonable to me, but to each their own. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,216 posts
18,753 battles
21 minutes ago, Hotorgolf said:

Make it all the way through directive 4 to get the 3 containers.

Yippee! Got a handful of flags, 500 fxp and 400 coal, total.

Don't strain yourself, WG, on the great rewards for the grind.

I shouldn't complain since I'm free play but it just seemed a bit light. 

After all the grinds we have been doing I rather enjoyed the laid backness of the Italian directives. It has been a nice break.

[SOFOP]
Members
2,574 posts
16,194 battles

This was a cakewalk compared to other events.  Im betting there are many people who completed the entire thing without even looking at the objectives.  I know that I personally was done with a few on the last stage before I even remember it was going on (I don't always pay attention to the bottom of the end game screen".

Members
222 posts
10,008 battles
1 hour ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

This was a cakewalk compared to other events.  Im betting there are many people who completed the entire thing without even looking at the objectives.  I know that I personally was done with a few on the last stage before I even remember it was going on (I don't always pay attention to the bottom of the end game screen".

This right here. Its super easy not a big grind. Unlike the nightmare that was the last French captain grind (you had to get in the top 10% hall of fame I think to get enough tokens). 

Members
102 posts
5,433 battles

I appreciated the low key grind too. Was getting burnt out on the grind so it was nice not to worry about missing out on much. Haven't even finished the directives yet but already snagged the Camo's I wanted. Haven't won a ship but they're tech tree so again no rush

[KAPPA]
Members
1,603 posts
8,960 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

The "reward" was the permacamo and Genova.

... though the latter is almost like handing someone with a propensity to self-flagellate a cat o' nine tails.

Eh, Genova can do well sometimes, but it is squishy as all get out and lacking in AA. Mostly it's a matter of hoping much of your opposition is T4 and 5 cruisers that you can donkey punch through the bow with normal 203mm AP, which is part of what makes Furutaka and Exeter work.

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,716 posts
19,637 battles

I got the Genova for some casual grinding (18/22 chances) plus the T6 and T7 permanent camouflages, and some flags and whatnot. No complaints from me getting free stuff. 

Image result for getting free stuff meme

Thank you WG!

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,894 battles

Free is free........   That is a cup half full and, to be honest, I'm not sure what our host really had in mind for this Italian event???  It seems........like a "filler event: at low cost to them to bide their time?  To "throw a dog a bone" of some sort?

Again, free is better than grinding without some rewards but, I just get a funny feeling about this and the French event....  Something is "off".  I did get a tier 5 Italian cruiser and perma-camo !   That's better than having to spend money !

[PUDEL]
Members
533 posts
2,567 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Free is free........   That is a cup half full and, to be honest, I'm not sure what our host really had in mind for this Italian event???

Pasta House or Domino's Pizza Coupons. :)

[CLARE]
Members
572 posts

I am 7/8 on the Directive 4. 

Got Trento from Directive 3.

Yesterday got Genova from random package.

Overall, got t6,7,8 permocamos, got Trento, got Genova.

Tomorrow will finish Directive 4 and get 3 free containers, will see if I get another ship mission.

[BEA5T]
Members
5,489 posts
25,894 battles
8 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Pasta House or Domino's Pizza Coupons. :)

Maybe?  Because the RNG GoD only knows what in the world they were thinking on this and the French events....  And yes, getting some nice things and stuff for free is a good thing:.............but, boring everyone to death doing so isn't a "value added" solution to those whom are stressed by recent changes, the upcoming evolution of the game when subs show up and a shifting meta/OP playing environment....

[WOLFG]
Members
1,189 posts

I'm not so sure about the 'free stuff' attitude.  All games have to give you little pixel rewards to keep you playing...and paying.  Without 'free' stuff these games would go away.  So in a sense, this is part of what you pay for.  Although, this is a 'free to play game' (which we all know is a joke), the vast majority of people pay something once they get hooked.