Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kodokushi

Supporting your team does not pay off

10 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
2,861 battles

My wife was on the phone with her sister so I quietly snuck into the study. Upon reaching my computer I re-upped a couple craigslist ads so she would get the email notifications and think I was working on cleaning up the junk in the garage we need to sell. Started the game up and knew I could sneak one game in.

Lightning play: Got after B cap aggressively (tier 10 MM) found it well contested by red (got 5 spots before I even capped it), but I wasn't going to give up. Chased their Yugumo out whilst under heavy fire and solo capped. My team pushed up so I went ahead to spot reds. Wound up with 133K spotting dmg, the cap, 5 spots. I smoked up my team and pushes out to spot for them. I screened for torps ahead of them using hydro and helped us avoid 4 (or 5?) Torp volleys. I only did 5K actual damage but every time I fired the entire enemy team focused me so I kept my shooting to a minimum. As long as I kept my spotted dmg meter ticking I felt I was doing the right thing. 

Went to WoWS Stats and numbers and saw I earned a whopping 566 (BAD) PR for my efforts in this win. Why doesn't supportive team play count for anything when PR is factored? I would have scored higher if I yolo'd in guns and torps blazing and died after doing 50K dmg which would have done nothing to help us win.

• Funny 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,113 posts
16,390 battles

PR only looks at 3 thing:

Damage

Kills

Wins

Nothing else is factored into PR. PR is a bad metric, but it is all we got. WG messed up XP so that it is useless as a stat so things like capping/defendimg and the like are not reported and unable to be used in any stat metric. 

[BOTO]
Members
1,357 posts
16,544 battles
34 minutes ago, Syzygy_1 said:

My wife was on the phone with her sister so I quietly snuck into the study. Upon reaching my computer I re-upped a couple craigslist ads so she would get the email notifications and think I was working on cleaning up the junk in the garage we need to sell. Started the game up and knew I could sneak one game in.

Lightning play: Got after B cap aggressively (tier 10 MM) found it well contested by red (got 5 spots before I even capped it), but I wasn't going to give up. Chased their Yugumo out whilst under heavy fire and solo capped. My team pushed up so I went ahead to spot reds. Wound up with 133K spotting dmg, the cap, 5 spots. I smoked up my team and pushes out to spot for them. I screened for torps ahead of them using hydro and helped us avoid 4 (or 5?) Torp volleys. I only did 5K actual damage but every time I fired the entire enemy team focused me so I kept my shooting to a minimum. As long as I kept my spotted dmg meter ticking I felt I was doing the right thing. 

Went to WoWS Stats and numbers and saw I earned a whopping 566 (BAD) PR for my efforts in this win. Why doesn't supportive team play count for anything when PR is factored? I would have scored higher if I yolo'd in guns and torps blazing and died after doing 50K dmg which would have done nothing to help us win.

Winning IS the payoff. That's the only thing that matters to me.  Sure, XP and achievements (and the flags you get for them) are nice but the ultimate goal is winning.  Some of my best games were playing DDs and pretty much all I did was spot for my team which heavily contributed to the win, regardless of what little damage I did. Getting the win is my goal, anything above and beyond that is just icing on the cake.

Members
478 posts
8,971 battles

I recently bought the USS Kidd and in randoms I couldn’t agree more.  Some ships are support ships by design, but get no love for it.  It makes for a less enjoyable gameplay experience.

Members
229 posts
904 battles
41 minutes ago, Syzygy_1 said:

You're a puzzle

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,724 posts
12,914 battles
56 minutes ago, Octavian_of_Roma said:

PR heavily weights damage done.

You did your job, and your team won. That's all you really need to think about 

Exactly. I've had games I won where I did 30k damage.

I've had 200k losses.

I'll take the former every time.

Members
38 posts
2,861 battles

If I get caught gaming and go missing- you have all the evidence you need!

3 minutes ago, LieutenantJebStewart said:

It was, Mrs.Syzygy_1.....in the study.....with the candlestick! 

Sign in to follow this