You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildgooseman

Reset Ribbon Query

7 comments in this topic

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,533 battles

I sometimes get creditted with a reset without actually getting a hit ribbon of any type. Does anyone know how this happens please?

image.png.8d91b8950ee92f4cc931182ab5332e14.png

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,533 battles
23 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I presume it's splash damage from an HE shell. 

I'd thought that in the past but this was Yamato AP, 1st salvo of the battle.

[PVE]
Members
6,916 posts
22,666 battles
1 hour ago, wildgooseman said:

I'd thought that in the past but this was Yamato AP, 1st salvo of the battle.

Do the "hit a gun but did no damage" hits give ribbons? Maybe (?) something like that?

[-A-8-]
Members
508 posts
20,533 battles
On 11/8/2019 at 10:58 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Do the "hit a gun but did no damage" hits give ribbons? Maybe (?) something like that?

I'm not sure. I think next time it happens I'll send the replay to support and ask if they can clarify.

[0456]
Members
3,822 posts
10,091 battles
On 11/8/2019 at 3:58 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

If you hit a module you’ll get a hit ribbon but not do any damage. Only reason I know is from all the threads started from people reporting the game is broken when they get a hit notification but no damage.

I’ve seen it happen quite a few times. I can’t recall if I was firing HE and that it could be splash damage from a near miss but if I were a betting man that’s where I would put my money. 

Not sure if AP shells explode when they hit the water- suppose after 9000 battles or so I should know that but colour me stupid I don’t. 

But yeah near miss splash damage for 100 Alex...

Edited by _ENO_

[PVE]
Members
6,916 posts
22,666 battles
11 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

If you hit a module you’ll get a hit ribbon but not do any damage. Only reason I know is from all the threads started from people reporting the game is broken when they get a hit notification but no damage.

Yeah...in hindsight...I've even clarified that for others in some of those threads so the moderators didn't need to waste their time replying to them.