You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Florendo19

PSA: FREE YAMATO PERMA CAMO

33 comments in this topic

[RNDM]
Members
371 posts
7,402 battles

Go to the WOWS News page and you can participate in a opt-in HSF Collection that grants you a free Perma camo for Yamato. I have the link bellow. The Camo is fairly normal looking by Weeb standards and is shown bellow.  Don't miss out on a FREE perma camo for a tier X ship.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/hsf-is-back/

88b2ae7c-021a-11ea-99c0-d89d6715223c_1200x.jpg

• Cool 9

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,776 posts
712 battles

Thanks for the heads up. I don't even have a Yamato but free is free. 

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,489 battles

Don't want to spoil the fun... but you need to finish the collection to earn the camo!

• Cool 2

[Y0L0W]
Members
573 posts
18,551 battles
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Don't want to spoil the fun... but you need to finish the collection to earn the camo!

You need to play one battle in a T5+ ship to get the first of the collection. The rest you can collect through daily containers. 

[AAYC]
Beta Testers
791 posts
12,697 battles

Kinda funny, that here in the US Azure Lane is streaming now not HS Fleet.  But free for a bit of time is always nice +1 OP for the heads up

[-VCW-]
Members
3,330 posts
16,598 battles

Thanks for the head's up. This is great for any of us who play Yamato less often because of the repair and service costs. 

Beta Testers
201 posts
995 battles
16 minutes ago, ramp4ge said:

Thanks for the heads up. I don't even have a Yamato but free is free. 

You don't need one. Its not Russian Paper Ship so its not OP.

• Funny 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,361 posts
19,512 battles

its doesn't quite give the full T10 perma camo benefits, as it trades 20% credit boost and 50% XP gains for 50% commander XP. But hey, free is free.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
283 posts
18,209 battles

I am happy that you can collect through daily containers.  I do not have the ships except one to do the special missions.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,489 battles
41 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

Do we get oil,dubloons,filth,tokens, or whatever other currency if we already own it?

You get 50k credits for double collectibels. Since the camo is a collection reward, you cannot complete it a second time.

27 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

didn't this already happen like 2 years ago?

Yes

1 hour ago, Bortt said:

You need to play one battle in a T5+ ship to get the first of the collection. The rest you can collect through daily containers. 

Yes, but you need many of them. The Italien collection is also just around the corner.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,658 posts
15,697 battles
32 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

didn't this already happen like 2 years ago?

Yes, but she got pulled slightly before schedule in September last year, and quite a few people who had been on the fence (including me) missed out.

[RAGE]
Members
1,950 posts
8,202 battles
2 hours ago, tfcas119 said:

its doesn't quite give the full T10 perma camo benefits, as it trades 20% credit boost and 50% XP gains for 50% commander XP. But hey, free is free.

Actually it still has the 50% XP bonus. It trades the 20% service cost reduction for the 50% commander XP. A bit less credits for twice the elite commander XP seems like a plus. 

Edited by DouglasMacAwful

[WOLF8]
Members
7,592 posts
6,363 battles
2 hours ago, Siegewolf said:

Kinda funny, that here in the US Azure Lane is streaming now not HS Fleet.  But free for a bit of time is always nice +1 OP for the heads up

Well, the HSF anime show is from 2 years ago... it's not exactly new.

That being said, the movie version of the show has been announced for Spring of 2020, for theaters in Japan. I'm guessing this is why we're seeing the collab again, here in WoWs?

[GRAVE]
Members
1,361 posts
19,512 battles
37 minutes ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

Actually it still has the 50% XP bonus. It trades the 20% service cost reduction for the 50% commander XP. A bit less credits for twice the elite commander XP seems like a plus. 

normal T10 camos give 100% XP bonus. Yamato HSF camo gives 50% XP gain. Hence why I said you lose 50% of XP gains.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,533 posts
10,092 battles

W E E B  P O W A H

[RAGE]
Members
1,950 posts
8,202 battles
2 minutes ago, tfcas119 said:

normal T10 camos give 100% XP bonus. Yamato HSF camo gives 50% XP gain. Hence why I said you lose 50% of XP gains.

Ahh you're right. 

[PVE]
Members
6,929 posts
22,671 battles
2 hours ago, paradat said:

Don't we all ready have that camo?

Anybody that was around 2 years ago does (at least those that didn't pass due to "anime" reasons)..this is a rehash so those not around then can get a chance at it.

2 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

Do we get oil,dubloons,filth,tokens, or whatever other currency if we already own it?

No...if you already own it you have already completed the collection the 1st time & won't be able to assign it as the daily container collection option.

1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Yes, but you need many of them. The Italien collection is also just around the corner.

Once you start the collection you can always go back to it after you finish any other ones (whether permanent or temporary).

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,067 posts
17,129 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Anybody that was around 2 years ago does (at least those that didn't pass due to "anime" reasons)..this is a rehash so those not around then can get a chance at it.

No...if you already own it you have already completed the collection the 1st time & won't be able to assign it as the daily container collection option.

Once you start the collection you can always go back to it after you finish any other ones (whether permanent or temporary).

Ah OK yep that all makes sense. Thanks for looking in to it. I thought I might be able to get the flags. 

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,215 posts
24,603 battles
25 minutes ago, o4x4 said:

Untitled.png.02afe459b29bbeb9a8b23b0a2f1895e7.png

list benefits

For a FREE Tier X Perma-Camo that includes the massive benefit of -50% service cost, this is a big deal.  There's plenty of players that can't or won't spend big money and get Tier X Perma-Camo casually, so any means to get one free is nice.

So one has to grind a collection a bit?  Big whoop, a small price to pay for FREE Tier X Perma-Camo.

Compared to how events are run these days, this is easy, and the benefits are meaningful to one of the most important, most played ships in the game.

Also, I completed the collection last time around and was able to sign up for the event again.  My HSF collection is still complete but I do have the missions to get a few crates again.

1aqTqBb.jpg

Those HSF ship missions reward a container.  Should be quick to do.  Free is Free.

Yamato with the HSF Camo.

aEybEr8.jpg

HSF Musashi - Hey WG, Musashi could use the fix for the angled catapult aircraft launcher "lines" that Yamato gott.

WjkYg4w.jpg

HSF Harekaze with the normal IJN, HSF, HSF Cat Perma-Camo:

H2fGOvN.jpg

7VDzz5g.jpg

TUei3xQ.jpg

6oTM6aa.jpg

The Cat Captain Isoroku, for those curious, doesn't meow.  He has these weird grunting sounds from, which was from the TV show apparently.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[PVE]
Members
6,929 posts
22,671 battles
6 minutes ago, paradat said:

Ah OK yep that all makes sense. Thanks for looking in to it. I thought I might be able to get the flags. 

Your welcome but I didn't necessarily "look into it"...just the way collections usually work.

3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

...most played ships in the game.

That free T10 camo for it from 2 years ago is why it's 1 of the most played ships...but yes...very easy requirements for a T10 camo...you'd be silly to pass it up even if you have a whale's pocketbook to spend on the game.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,215 posts
24,603 battles
3 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

That free T10 camo for it from 2 years ago is why it's 1 of the most played ships...but yes...very easy requirements for a T10 camo...you'd be silly to pass it up even if you have a whale's pocketbook to spend on the game.

Yamato is one of the most played because it's Yamato and that she still has LOLPEN 460mm benefits, and a good set of guns.  You saw plenty of Yamato players before and after it was introduced.  After it was brought it, still many don't have it.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway