You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SkaerKrow

HSF has returned to the Premium Shop

89 comments in this topic

[SIM]
Members
5,384 posts
8,890 battles

EDIT: As of this morning, the High School Fleet ships/captains have also returned to the NA Premium Shop.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/hsf-is-back/

While browsing the EU, RU, and SEA sites I noticed that the High School Fleet content has returned to those premium shops, including the HSF Graf Spee and HSF Harekaze. While the HSF Graf Spee isn't overly noteworthy, the Harekaze is often mentioned around here as being one of the most desirable premium DDs available to the IJN, and one that people have long suspected would never make a return to the shop due to licensing issues. While there's no guarantee that we'll see the content show up in the NA shop, it certainly seems likely (or at the very least, it appears that WG still has the license to sell those ships if they choose to).

Edited by SkaerKrow
Updated with NA Server info
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,206 posts
24,561 battles

It'll show up here.  We especially mirror what EU does most of the time, it's just they do it ahead of us with the time difference.  I expect by late morning NA server's news page will have info about it, and would not be surprised if NA premium shop has the stuff again in a few hours before the announcement.  Has happened many times.

[SYKO]
Members
322 posts
14,809 battles

I hope it doesn't have a NA licensing issue. There have been a few things that are region specific lately.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

Well if it's going to come back at any time now seems like a good time for it. What with the HSF movie coming out and it being right around the holidays, they'll probably sell more than a few Harekazes and Graf Spees on Black Friday.

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

If it comes to NA I would totally buy Harekaze. I kicked myself for missing out on it the first time, I won't make the same mistake twice.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
19 minutes ago, Tekina_ said:

If it comes to NA I would totally buy Harekaze. I kicked myself for missing out on it the first time, I won't make the same mistake twice.

I heartily recommend doing that, same goes for everyone else who plays destroyers and doesn't have her. She's a fun, flexible ship that works great as a captain trainer and preview for both IJN destroyer lines.

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,293 posts
12,976 battles
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

While browsing the EU, RU, and SEA sites I noticed that the High School Fleet content has returned to those premium shops, including the HSF Graf Spee and HSF Harekaze. While the HSF Graf Spee isn't overly noteworthy, the Harekaze is often mentioned around here as being one of the most desirable premium DDs available to the IJN, and one that people have long suspected would never make a return to the shop due to licensing issues. While there's no guarantee that we'll see the content show up in the NA shop, it certainly seems likely (or at the very least, it appears that WG still has the license to sell those ships if they choose to).

The HSF Graf Spee gets an additional +100% to Free XP over the standard one built into both of it's camouflages.

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,574 battles
2 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

No way! No how! Not Gonna Do It!

Not even with the 30% coupon WG just gave me - Not Gonna Happen!

Oh Good - The coupon didn't work lol

Whew … I feel like I just dodged a bullet :)

Now, if I can just get through Xmas, I'm home free

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
4,304 posts
6,266 battles
5 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Come on, you KNOW you want 3/4 of an Akizuki with an extra torpedo launcher!:Smile-_tongue:

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,574 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

Come on, you KNOW you want 3/4 of an Akizuki with an extra torpedo launcher!:Smile-_tongue:

No way … and I'm praying it doesn't show up in Xmas crates either Goddamit :)

So regretting I read this 

7,026 posts
27,489 battles
28 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

The 30% coupon does not work on the Harekaze, because you get the cat camo also for the price and that counts as a 15% discount already.

You can get the Spee, the captains, the Yamato camo with the coupon, but no the Harekaze.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,655 posts
15,689 battles

Got her.

I have now redeemed my oversight of September last year. I went on holiday intending to buy the Harekaze on my return; I came back to find she had been pulled.

Not this time!

@Femennenly @Umbaretz @Bualar Please pass on my thanks to Wargaming for bringing her back.

QUESTION: For those who got the collection done last time, does this collection drop in regular containers once it's started, or do you have to obtain all the pieces in specific boxes?

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,574 battles
36 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

The 30% coupon does not work on the Harekaze, because you get the cat camo also for the price and that counts as a 15% discount already.

You can get the Spee, the captains, the Yamato camo with the coupon, but no the Harekaze.

Yes, that's already confirmed and I'm glad for it … nothing can tempt me now :)

The camo is trainer camo for T9 Musashi not Yamato. Since Musashi came with it's own camo and anyone owning it would have had it for some time by now, it makes no sense at that price

Edited by Commander_367

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Landsraad said:

I heartily recommend doing that, same goes for everyone else who plays destroyers and doesn't have her. She's a fun, flexible ship that works great as a captain trainer and preview for both IJN destroyer lines.

I second this, have absolutely loved my HSF Harekaze. It’s one of my most used ships ever since getting it, and not only do the 100mm guns give it 3/4 of the gun firepower of Akizuki, but also gives it enough AA to be a threat to enemy aircraft.

(And if anyone still has doubts, there are reasons I ended up with a 19 point captain on the ship, she is such a joy to play.)

I also highly recommend the HSF Graf Spee if you like the Graf Spee or are interested in using a Graf Spee as it looks great and the HSF Camo gives nice free XP bonuses not found on regular Graf Spee. And the ship performs well if it fits your play style, although it can be an odd ship that some people have trouble using. But I personally have enjoyed it as well as my HSF Harekaze. :Smile_Default:

Would like to mention as well that Harekaze can support various builds like my favorite being torpedo Reload Booster build centered around everything that can help me launch as many torpedo as possible and as quickly as possible in battle. Can be a little tricky for some since you give up smoke to do this build, but with upgraded stealth you get 5.4km detection range which gives you generous torpedo launch window with 10km torpedoes. And you can do various tactics such as launching your torpedoes and catching enemy by surprise 8 seconds later with a second wall of torpedoes which is rare for them to see and as such very often hit the target. Or one of my favorite attacks being the mass destruction attack where you launch narrow spread torpedoes at a target, then reload boost and launch torpedoes at a second target.

You can also do a gunboat build much like Akizuki, although bear in mind you do lack a few of the extra HP points that Akizuki has, but still very viable build. You also get smoke when going for this build as your torpedoes will be secondary weapons.

You can do a balanced build between guns and torpedoes.

And finally you could do full AA build which would leave your guns enhanced to nice extend thanks to BFT and AFT skills. Stock AA on Harekaze can already be a threat to aircraft, so I would say an AA build is certainly an option if a player wishes to do so.

[KWF]
Members
4,928 posts
6,598 battles
46 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Got her.

I have now redeemed my oversight of September last year. I went on holiday intending to buy the Harekaze on my return; I came back to find she had been pulled.

Not this time!

I'm pretty happy that HSF content is back, pretty interesting move for sure. Still, not meaning to sound like a [edited] but I would really like to be able to buy just the ship; not really a fan of bells and whistles packages so will have to pass for now, even though I really want Harekaze. I guess that's a premium we gotta pay for the Free XP camo I guess :Smile_hiding:.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,655 posts
15,689 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

I'm pretty happy that HSF content is back, pretty interesting move for sure. Still, not meaning to sound like a [edited] but I would really like to be able to buy just the ship; not really a fan of bells and whistles packages so will have to pass for now, even though I really want Harekaze. I guess that's a premium we gotta pay for the Free XP camo I guess :Smile_hiding:.

The collection gave a permacamo for Yamato, didn't it? You can see why I'm not at all unhappy to grab the bells and whistles if it gives me a shot at that.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,655 posts
15,689 battles
4 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

I read more closely and THE SHIPS ARE ONLY LISTED AS BEING AVAILABLE TILL NOVEMBER 29TH. You might want to amend your post title to reflect that.

[KWF]
Members
4,928 posts
6,598 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The collection gave a permacamo for Yamato, didn't it? You can see why I'm not at all unhappy to grab the bells and whistles if it gives me a shot at that.

Yes; albeit with different stat bonuses compared to the normal permacamo.

For normal permanent camo:

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +20% credits earned in the battle.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.

For the HSF camo:

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +50% experience earned in the battle.
  • +50% Commander experience earned in the battle.

Still, I have to agree, if I wanted to buy a bells and whistles package, this would make some sense.

Of course to me the best thing of all would be to have the HSF ships in the Armory, but there's a limit to wishful thinking :Smile_teethhappy:.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
44 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Yes, that's already confirmed and I'm glad for it … nothing can tempt me now :)

The camo is trainer camo for T9 Musashi not Yamato. Since Musashi came with it's own camo and anyone owning it would have had it for some time by now, it makes no sense at that price

Main reason to be tempted by the HSF Perma Camo for Musashi is if you like Anime and enjoyed the HSF Anime. And despite the fact I am trying to save up Doubloons for Roma, the HSF Musashi Camo would be a temptation for me to be honest lol.

So the thoughts about getting the Camo would certainly be crossing my mind, but in the end I probably would grudgingly have to not get the HSF Musashi Camo and stay true to my plans for Roma considering I am only 1,550 Doubloons short of getting Roma with coupon. So depending on how my Ranked luck goes or my luck in maybe getting another Doubloons SC, I should be getting Roma sometime between December and some time in 2020. But then again if the HSF Musahi Camo were like 2,000 Doubloons I might delay Roma in favor of having a Musashi look really awesome like my Yamato does. :fish_cute_2:

[ARGSY]
Members
21,655 posts
15,689 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

Still, I have to agree, if I wanted to buy a bells and whistles package, this would make some sense.

I looked more carefully and there's actually a participation button that gives you the first crate. The rest follows, eventually, in daily crates. So while the HSF Harekaze package was superfluous in that respect, it gets me there a tiny bit quicker. Also, the ships are only here until the end of the month and I didn't want to drag my feet, wait for a ship-only package, and then have it ganked early on me like it was last year. 

The best thing, from some people's perspective, is that they threw in a non-HSF camo for the people who don't like that stuff. My only regret is that the Isoroku kitty captain is my cruiser captain, so he won't be driving my Harekaze in a hurry. LOL.

The lack of a credits bonus for the HSF Yamato camo might be a bit of a barrier to playing her in co-op, but Yamato's Tier 10 so you don't need the extra ship XP to grind to anything and I'd rather have the captain XP boost. At least it has the 50% service cost buff still!! That's 5K doubloons I wouldn't have to spend, and it means I'm motivated to grind that line now.