Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_Ice_Cream_Man_

if ya wanting to leave the game but find yourself addicted wg provided you with a solution

25 comments in this topic

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

No! *hugsZara* My cruiser, no takey my pasta bote!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,117 posts
8,635 battles

So long as you have DDs to shoot at or aren't too far, they are hilariously powerful. Genova just kinda pops the poor things. Earlier I even chunked a bow-on Genova with SAP by aiming high, hitting the super structure. Think that salvo was around 5k damage by itself.

Members
399 posts
1 hour ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

the italian cruisers are not fun to play so just play 2-3 games in it and you wont feel like playing and log. 

"if ya wanting to leave the game but find yourself addicted wg provided you with a solution"

Nah... not the Italians.  WOW's "solution" to eliminate player base is called "updates".

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
48 minutes ago, Landsraad said:

No! *hugsZara* My cruiser, no takey my pasta bote!

I actually cant wait to get Zara (gotta grind the tech tree since zero luck in lootcrates). Zara's one of my favorite CAs.

• Cool 2

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
29 minutes ago, nhf said:

"if ya wanting to leave the game but find yourself addicted wg provided you with a solution"

Nah... not the Italians.  WOW's "solution" to eliminate player base is called "updates".

So you mean that WoWS should never have updates for the playerbase to remain?

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
2 hours ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

the italian cruisers are not fun to play so just play 2-3 games in it and you wont feel like playing and log. 

I think you just started a thread about the "50 ways to leave … " lol

Each post will list a new reason to go :)

"Make a new plan, Stan … "

Edited by Commander_367

[-PVE-]
Members
282 posts
13,537 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_367 said:

I think you just started a thread about the "50 ways to leave … " lol

Each post will list a new reason to go :)

"Make a new plan, Stan … "

OK, I will bite, how about a game that costs less then many of the ships sold in the premium shop "Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC." Thinking really hard about this one.

• Cool 3

Members
2,439 posts
5,404 battles

Jokes on you, i have close to 100 games in Amalfi and find her fun to play. She almost handles like a DD with her turn radius. 

• Cool 2

[YORHA]
Members
5,133 posts
10,306 battles
6 hours ago, nhf said:

You spelled "Smolensk" wrong.

Members
6,729 posts
21,137 battles
9 hours ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

lols, I got the Trento in mission and loaded her up this morning. all modules flags.. the works... After an epic victory where I did about 18k damage and the highlight was using the zoom smoke to get back into our cap and defend it the game ended with a very gratifying 7th on the xp board with 780xp. I then logged off...and went back to working on my female blood elf rogue leatherworking skills...….

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
5 hours ago, Mykawa said:

OK, I will bite, how about a game that costs less then many of the ships sold in the premium shop "Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC." Thinking really hard about this one.

Oh, in terms of positive reasons to leave you mean vs your girlfriend getting fat or cheating on you :) 

For me it was Witcher3 … made my summer and now I've discovered GOG.com and some classics 

FYI Steel Division II is on sale now for 1/3 off at GOG

Edited by Commander_367

[-PVE-]
Members
282 posts
13,537 battles
19 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

Oh, in terms of positive reasons to leave you mean vs your girlfriend getting fat or cheating on you :) 

For me it was Witcher3 … made my summer and now I've discovered GOG.com and some classics 

FYI Steel Division II is on sale now for 1/3 off at GOG

If this happens, just start a game and take it out on everyone, the red team / green team. A few torps hitting there targets and you will be good. :-O

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,544 battles
1 minute ago, Mykawa said:

If this happens, just start a game and take it out on everyone, the red team / green team. A few torps hitting there targets and you will be good. :-O

Jk, I'm happily married … 

I was comparing WG to an old ex that needs to go :)

[-PVE-]
Members
282 posts
13,537 battles
Just now, Commander_367 said:

Jk, I'm happily married … 

I was comparing WG to an old ex that needs to go :)

As long as you happily married, but if it goes sour, take it out on your team. Have a good life.

Alpha Tester
283 posts
18,209 battles

I like playing but their are many games I have I would rather play if I play solo. But I play with my clan and old friends from other clans. It is the people playing and the employees of WG that interact with us that keep me here.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,613 posts
9,250 battles

I don't play nearly as much as I used to, but it has been over 4 years.

I never have 2 of the same type of game installed, they're all there to scratch different itches.

The one scratched by WoWS can't be scratched by anything else. WoT was the same, even though it has/had competition. (yes, tried them all)

Main difference is that now, I just log on for some warship battles, as opposed to grinding anything.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
13 hours ago, nhf said:

That happens in other games too...

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
12 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

So you mean that WoWS should never have updates for the playerbase to remain?

That's how Elite Dangerous does things.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
5,122 posts
5,652 battles
9 hours ago, Mykawa said:

Hell no.  I absolutely couldn't stand Dutch's character.  I've known people like him in real life and they are total users, liars and hypocrites.  He was so annoying I had to stop watching Mighty Jingles' play through of it.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,675 posts
2,614 battles
14 hours ago, The_Ice_Cream_Man_ said:

Duca d'Aosta heartily disagrees with you.

I didn't even mind Montecuccoli, even though she definitely could use a buff or 2.  Got enough xp on Monte to have Trento day one, and I'm looking forward to her.

[KIA-C]
Members
3,551 posts
15,600 battles

I have no interest in Italian cruiser so I decided to grind my Worcester.

She's my first USN T10 and I'm quite surprised at how stupidly strong she is...But also how fun she can be to play.

Unless there will be some changes to the line, I guess all my Italian token will turn into premium time.

[--K--]
[--K--]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,532 posts
10,092 battles

Italian cruisers are mostly a joke.  Their ability to deal damage is laughable, and this is due to WG's fundamental failure of giving a ship *two* shell types that function mostly the same.

If you want good numbers for damage, you *have* to land torp hits and its not easy with how slow they are.  

I have found I can influence a game well in Zara and others by nuking DDs, but anything else and they struggle.  Small sample size, but this is pretty indicative.  

shot-19_11.08_17_46.56-0998.thumb.jpg.f307559ab5b6d96dda5000e644985aa2.jpg

Post edit:  Before I hear the white knights come in, I just want to add the fact that a ship line RN CL works is because their DPM covers up the inherent weaknesses of no HE to a degree, Italians don't have that.  So if someone says that, nice try.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this