You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ralph_Vargr

Just Started Playing. Why Is All My Team Pink?

16 comments in this topic

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

It must be a new fashion. Including shooting at anything, including me, for fun....

• Funny 4

[HAVC5]
Members
95 posts
13,695 battles

really?  Check your game settings,  and under Match Maker Settings you want to deselect the option "allied members swing both ways"

that should eliminate the issue with getting those fuit cups matched up on your team. Thhey may still be matched to the opposing team depending on the settings they have selected..  but thats no biggie.

Good luck!

Do not believe a word of what you just read ;)

• Funny 8

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,216 posts
14,759 battles
13 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

New players are often pink as they haven't learned to watch their torps so teamkilling abounds. 

Some of those people are not new.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[POP]
Members
4,670 posts
12,429 battles
42 minutes ago, Severed42 said:

really?  Check your game settings,  and under Match Maker Settings you want to deselect the option "allied members swing both ways"

Hmm....I don’t seem to have that as an option in my game. What sort of premium settings do you have, and how much did it cost to buy it?

• Funny 1

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
44 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

New players are often pink as they haven't learned to watch their torps so teamkilling abounds. 

Well, I tend to thing of myself as a DD main, but when getting a new account here - I was still pink quite often on lower levels, since bots seem to not mind my toprs at all.
Just had to bear it, being pink isn't the end of the world.

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts
2 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

It must be a new fashion. Including shooting at anything, including me, for fun....

Yeah, but you were asking for it, that revealing camo, the way you wiggled your stern and flaunted those turrets.

• Funny 6

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
3 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Gotta watch out for the :Colon Clan...they don't know how to use their torps very well & they love to cut in front of yours.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[A-D-F]
[A-D-F]
Members
2,309 posts
35 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Gotta watch out for the :Colon Clan...they don't know how to use their torps very well & they love to cut in front of yours.

The colon clan is dirty. And their commander, Rear Admiral Sphincter, is the worst of the lot. He is positively septic.

• Funny 4

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
8 minutes ago, Doombeagle said:

The colon clan is dirty. And their commander, Rear Admiral Sphincter, is the worst of the lot. He is positively septic.

That makes 2 :Smile_veryhappy:s you've farmed off me in 1 thread.

This last 1 was kinda flatulent though.

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,997 battles
7 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

Hi, welcome to WoWS!

You truly get a bit of a mixed bag of people playing this game.  But genuinely new people might be driving a USN battleship, and see a Japanese ship on their team and think they have to shoot it to be historically accurate, etc.  But mostly, low tier games are full of pink players because they are still learning how to torpedo, which takes a bit of practice and situational awareness to do well (and not nail your teammates from behind). 

Still, push through it and it'll improve!

In the meantime, the below resources may be helpful for you (and other new players to the game)...

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,154 posts
13,741 battles
9 hours ago, Ralph_Vargr said:

I was pink quite often when I 1st started. I was recovering from surgery and on some heavy pain killers. This did not help my situational awareness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming it all on the meds, only saying that they were a factor.

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
7 hours ago, kgh52 said:

I was pink quite often when I 1st started. I was recovering from surgery and on some heavy pain killers. This did not help my situational awareness. Don't get me wrong, I'm not blaming it all on the meds, only saying that they were a factor.

I'm recovering from dental surgery, so I understand *completely*. :)

• Cool 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

The pink guys like shooting at fishing boats, islands, or just randomly letting off a few rounds.

I checked the settings. No ignore function for the dubious characters. :(

Members
593 posts

wows has a torpedo warning system ..might need to buff that ..but that wont change much where noobs are concerned ...they are locked into full zoom mode and running away most of the time , right into your torps ..with the torp warning system that is present a person shouldnt be pink ..the unskilled player should be pink for getting their ship sunk by a friendly torp ..and sent to co op to learn how to play their ship for 3 games ...or more