Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Where's the Unique IJN Commander's skills????

14 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,408 battles

Okay, How long has the IJN been out? Where's the unique IJN Commander with enhanced skills?  It's missing.  You can purchase USA, Russia, French or Germany that have enhanced skills.  But absent are UK and IJN.  What's going on here? 

Is there an "Ask War Gaming"?  

Commanders.png

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
1,374 posts

1471520081_IJNSkipper.thumb.png.115509b13b02955fd6fe2bab6f215e3e.png

The only two that I know of are Yamamoto and Ijuin.  Ijuin has no perks!  Take a look^^^^^ To get Yamamoto complete the Yamamoto Campaign located to the left center under Campaigns......  Yes it is weird as Ijuin has the red and gold stripes but no perks.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

There are two of them, maybe they just are not sold in the armory. 

@Toxic_Potato I am 90% sure that Ijuin has the same perks as Yamamoto (improved EM and something else), its just bugged that it doesn't show up. Seem to recall reading about that awhile back.

Edited by Kapitan_Wuff

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
5 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

There are two of them, maybe they just are not sold in the armory. 

@Toxic_Potato I am 90% sure that Ijuin has the same perks as Yamamoto (improved EM and something else), its just bugged that it doesn't show up. Seem to recall reading about that awhile back.

Ijuin has no special perks at all.

The IJN having no captain with special perks like Dunkirk, Johhn Doe, and the like is noticeable. 

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
1 minute ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Ijuin has no special perks at all.

The IJN having no captain with special perks like Dunkirk, Johhn Doe, and the like is noticeable. 

I may be mistaken about Ijuin but the IJN most certainly does have a captain with special perks. Both improved skills and special bonuses upon meeting certain requirements, Yamamoto. 

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

Yeah for SOME REASON despite other nations having two different set-ups for special commanders giving different "levels" of skill buffs (Halsey and Doe, Kuznetsov and Znamensky, Auboyneau and Honore) Japan only has one: Yamamoto. So they get a "high" level commander with special buffs and perks, but no "low" level one.

Italy will also be like this when 8.10 drops as things are right now, but Italy has the excuse of only just now getting their first line and thus not needing any special commander before Sansonetti. Yamamoto, meanwhile, is one of the first commanders released with buffed skills EVER. Yet Japan is still without a less powerful but more easily attainable commander with buffed skills.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,408 battles
17 hours ago, Toxic_Potato said:

1471520081_IJNSkipper.thumb.png.115509b13b02955fd6fe2bab6f215e3e.png

The only two that I know of are Yamamoto and Ijuin.  Ijuin has no perks!  Take a look^^^^^ To get Yamamoto complete the Yamamoto Campaign located to the left center under Campaigns......  Yes it is weird as Ijuin has the red and gold stripes but no perks.

Like that Halsey, I do have the Yamato too.  So where is the IJN's counterpart to John Doe A.K.A. Steven Segal???? Where??? 

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,408 battles
16 hours ago, Landsraad said:

Yeah for SOME REASON despite other nations having two different set-ups for special commanders giving different "levels" of skill buffs (Halsey and Doe, Kuznetsov and Znamensky, Auboyneau and Honore) Japan only has one: Yamamoto. So they get a "high" level commander with special buffs and perks, but no "low" level one.

Italy will also be like this when 8.10 drops as things are right now, but Italy has the excuse of only just now getting their first line and thus not needing any special commander before Sansonetti. Yamamoto, meanwhile, is one of the first commanders released with buffed skills EVER. Yet Japan is still without a less powerful but more easily attainable commander with buffed skills.

You made my point, Sir. Where is the lesser one for doubloons? 

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,408 battles

It's such a gross oversight by WG not offering a unique Commander other than Yamato.  Where's IJN's John Doe version? To add insult to injury, Pan-Asian has their "John Doe" See below.  Just so you know I have two of these guys.

Quan Rong.png

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

[-GOD-]
[-GOD-]
Members
1,312 posts

WG doesn't want IJN commanders able to smash ELITE (lol) russian commanders like they did in 1903.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,350 posts
7,816 battles

What I'd like to know is why Yamamoto's campaign is still locked to randoms, when Halsey and Kuznetsov were honestly easily earned in co-op (or any other mode for that matter). Honestly I mostly want him just because it's Yamamoto, as given how I live in co-op, the special perks don't really do much for me (can't activate special abilities without achievements).

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
342 posts
11,931 battles
On 11/8/2019 at 9:46 PM, CaptHarlock_222 said:

What I'd like to know is why Yamamoto's campaign is still locked to randoms, when Halsey and Kuznetsov were honestly easily earned in co-op (or any other mode for that matter). Honestly I mostly want him just because it's Yamamoto, as given how I live in co-op, the special perks don't really do much for me (can't activate special abilities without achievements).

This :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this