You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

YESSSSSS! IT'S MINE!!!

10 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
4,642 posts

Yesterday, I got the final bit of coal- and a shiny new Jean Bart sits in my port!

I set it up for secondaries, main battery, and survival.   I figured the AA is already rated 99, so...    I'm using my 19 point captain from Republique, that I share with Gascogne- which is set up for AA, and survival, mainly.

This ship is hillarious!    I MAY go back and trade whatever it was for aiming systems upgrade 1,  as it's main battery wasn't performing up to snuff for me last night.   But, I'm cheap- and will go with it as is for a while and see if I REALLY need it.

Played 3 games last night- and got the new "typical" games.   Ie, way too short,  the bulk of the red team dies super fast- and those of us NOT in DD's or ships called Smolensk, Mino or Worcester  were left to chase that one straggler way over there, or to chase down the CV to try and get some damage.    The standard lineup included at least: Smolensk; Harugumo; and Minotaur every single game.   Shima and Worcester were also often there.   Thus, the bulk of the bots died in the initial storm of pew pews and torpedoes.

Not really ideal conditions to try out a new BB, lol.

For what it was able to do, it seemed pretty good- smacking cruisers 20 km away for "SURPRISE" big damage hits through the bow,   And, of course, the insane Frenchie secondaries- first match, I netted 250 secondary hits, lol.   I wasn't even that close,  they just have that much range and Rof- and machine gun anything red that's within the same time zone.

RNGesus was telling me to EFF OFF!  with salvo after salvo launched at a broadsiding Iowa I was charging in on  scattering, dropping short, or going long.    This was not a snap shot- he was totally ignoring me,  broadside the entire time, intent on charging our CV.   I started shooting at him as soon as he was in range, and had closed to 10km- and he was still at 2/3 health...   It ended abruptly when our nearly dead Iowa rammed him.    The really annoying part, is I could SEE my aim was good- I'd bracket him every salvo- the damn shells just wouldn't hit any important parts.    (I could swear I heard what sounded like a Dev laughing derisively at me in the background.)

[DBRIS]
Members
676 posts
11,848 battles

Wonky gun patterns seem to be a French thing, I have it do that on Dunk too. I tried Republique on PTS and REALLY want one. I want to try just setting autopilot thru the caps, hit R or T every now and then to see what happens. Keep updating on JB, If it's like Repub, it may be my next coal bote!

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,240 posts
21,643 battles

Go to a flank. Put an island to your inside.

Bow tank and kill flank....

Push up and bow tank middle eating those red juicy broadsides....

JB is a beast.

I love my Republique just a tad better, but still...

[PVE]
Members
12,551 posts
26,104 battles
10 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Yesterday, I got the final bit of coal- and a shiny new Jean Bart sits in my port!

I set it up for secondaries, main battery, and survival.   I figured the AA is already rated 99, so...    I'm using my 19 point captain from Republique, that I share with Gascogne- which is set up for AA, and survival, mainly.

This ship is hillarious!    I MAY go back and trade whatever it was for aiming systems upgrade 1,  as it's main battery wasn't performing up to snuff for me last night.   But, I'm cheap- and will go with it as is for a while and see if I REALLY need it.

Played 3 games last night- and got the new "typical" games.   Ie, way too short,  the bulk of the red team dies super fast- and those of us NOT in DD's or ships called Smolensk, Mino or Worcester  were left to chase that one straggler way over there, or to chase down the CV to try and get some damage.    The standard lineup included at least: Smolensk; Harugumo; and Minotaur every single game.   Shima and Worcester were also often there.   Thus, the bulk of the bots died in the initial storm of pew pews and torpedoes.

For what it was able to do, it seemed pretty good- smacking cruisers 20 km away for "SURPRISE" big damage hits through the bow,   And, of course, the insane Frenchie secondaries- first match, I netted 250 secondary hits, lol.   I wasn't even that close,  they just have that much range and Rof- and machine gun anything red that's within the same time zone.

RNGesus was telling me to EFF OFF!  with salvo after salvo launched at a broadsiding Iowa I was charging in on  scattering, dropping short, or going long.    This was not a snap shot- he was totally ignoring me,  broadside the entire time, intent on charging our CV.   I started shooting at him as soon as he was in range, and had closed to 10km- and he was still at 2/3 health...   It ended abruptly when our nearly dead Iowa rammed him.    The really annoying part, is I could SEE my aim was good- I'd bracket him every salvo- the damn shells just wouldn't hit any important parts.    (I could swear I heard what sounded like a Dev laughing derisively at me in the background.)

Congrat's. JB is not an accurate BB FYI. It wasn't RNG messing with you it is what you should expect as the norm. JB's thing is firing fast and often to make up for atrocious accuracy (despite a 1.9 sigma it truly is bad accuracy). Sometimes it has a good grouping but usually it is like a shotgun shooting square pellets fired by Ray Charles.

Also, just a tip for you, make sure you go with MAM1 in upgrade slot 1 and that you run PM on the Capt. JB loses turrets a LOT! Not uncommon in a long game where you bow tank a lot to lose both! And by lose I mean permanently destroyed not just knocked out of action which is VERY common. It has weak turret armor or low turret HP or something because they go out a lot.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[A-D-F]
Members
2,108 posts
7,629 battles
15 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

You will love JB.  I use Aiming Systems.  I think it's a "must have" with her.

She is an absolute riot.  The first time I took her out in a random battle, I had over 197k damage.  Her main battery reload booster is a meme waiting to happen.  I caught more than one person in the turn.  Much hilarity ensued.  :cap_haloween:

Congrats!  :cap_like:

[WOLF9]
Members
4,642 posts
11 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Congrat's. JB is not an accurate BB FYI. It wasn't RNG messing with you it is what you should expect as the norm. JB's thing is firing fast and often to make up for atrocious accuracy (despite a 1.9 sigma it truly is bad accuracy). Sometimes it has a good grouping but usually it is like a shotgun shooting square pellets fired by Ray Charles.

Also, just a tip for you, make sure you go with MAM1 in upgrade slot 1 and that you run PM on the Capt. JB loses turrets a LOT! Not uncommon in a long game where you bow tank a lot to lose both! And by lose I mean permanently destroyed not just knocked out of action which is VERY common. It has weak turret armor or low turret HP or something because they go out a lot.

Thanks for the tip,  I mostly take auxiliary armaments 1  in higher tier ships, just to preserve the AA longer.   I may rethink that on JB, if it suffers excessive turret damage.

I remembered the wonky accuracy from Richie- and was hoping they'd improved it on JB, since it's a tier 9.    NONE of the French BB's is all that accurate- they just mostly have a lot of guns to make up for it.  (and meme-worthy secondaries!)

At least JB has pretty good over the shoulder gun arcs.   With the bot BB's favorite tactic of charging and going for the ram- or just charging by, if there's a DD, low health cruiser, cap. or CV behind you- it's very easy to find yourself facing the wrong way.   If you dodge the ram, they "forget" you, and keep right on going- same for the drive by thing.   It's annoying in a ship with stern guns- with JB, Richie and Mini-Richie- it becomes maddening.   "HEY!!! Come back here and fight, you bucket of bolts!!"

One other good thing:  They've sold JB in the premium shop for real $$, so it's a Premium-not a "special" ship that can be slapped around with the nerf bat willy nilly.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,152 posts
24,510 battles

JB is awesome.  Make sure you got PM1 trait, MAM1 upgrade to toughen the turrets up.  Slot ASM1 to make them as accurate as you can, and have fun.  MBRB changes things for a BB; being able to fire Battleship Shells as fast as a Cruiser for a while can spike that damage up wonderfully at the right times.

Seeing a good broadside opportunity and knowing I got MBRB standing by, the word PROFIT starts flashing in my mind.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLF9]
Members
4,642 posts
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

JB is awesome.  Make sure you got PM1 trait, MAM1 upgrade to toughen the turrets up.  Slot ASM1 to make them as accurate as you can, and have fun.  MBRB changes things for a BB; being able to fire Battleship Shells as fast as a Cruiser for a while can spike that damage up wonderfully at the right times.

Seeing a good broadside opportunity and knowing I got MBRB standing by, the word PROFIT starts flashing in my mind.

Just to add insult to injury,  equip premium reload booster as well, if you have any in stock.   May as well shorten that cooldown, and get another use while we're at it, right?:Smile_teethhappy: