You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

PSA: Opt-in for 1-day Saipan and Kaga rental!!!

17 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

The link is here. (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-089-weekly-3/)

Earn 47,642 BXP in Japanese ships for a 1-day Kaga rental and a permanent 6 point captain.

Earn 47,642 BXP in American ships for a 1-day Saipan rental and a permanent 6 point captain.

There is almost a full month to do these missions. They end on December 5, 2:00 AM PT/5:00 AM ET.

• Cool 1

Members
41 posts
2,280 battles

Cheers, opted in as CV is one ship class haven't tried yet so might use it to give them a go albeit where I can't ruin someone else's game. Bonus points for a couple free 6 pt captains.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
14 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_NewZealand said:

Pass. 

Yeah, carriers aren't everybody's thing.

I would still like the chance to try the rentals though. (Others may too.)

And, don't know how much 6 point commanders are worth to you (probably not that much), but it could be substantial for a newer player.

2 minutes ago, Feral_Erroll said:

Cheers, opted in as CV is one ship class haven't tried yet so might use it to give them a go albeit where I can't ruin someone else's game. Bonus points for a couple free 6 pt captains.

Exactly! Might as well take this chance to try something new and get 2 free 6-pointers.

Edited by henrychenhenry

[A-I-M]
Members
3,449 posts
14,132 battles
18 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

The link is here. (https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/missions-089-weekly-3/)

Earn 47,642 BXP in Japanese ships for a 1-day Kaga rental and a permanent 6 point captain.

Earn 47,642 BXP in American ships for a 1-day Saipan rental and a permanent 6 point captain.

There is almost a full month to do these missions. They end on December 5, 2:00 AM PT/5:00 AM ET.

Sssssooooooo....

Act now and have the Kaga by December 7, huh?

Timing is everything, huh?

• Funny 3

[WOLFC]
Members
1,997 posts
10,434 battles

Saipan, huh? Too bad there isn’t a premium American CV in the game that actually took part in the battle...

Oh, wait... I forgot, WG did such a good job with their “balancing” that she’s no longer available. :Smile_sceptic:

Edited by Nevermore135
  • Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
58 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Sssssooooooo....

Act now and have the Kaga by December 7, huh?

Timing is everything, huh?

I don't exactly get what you mean.

29 minutes ago, Nevermore135 said:

Saipan, huh? Too bad there isn’t a premium American CV in the game that actually took part in the battle...

Oh, wait... I forgot, WG did such a good job with their “balancing” that she’s no longer available. :Smile_sceptic:

I can see why it's a Saipan rental and not an Enterprise rental.

Enterprise rental can't convince people to buy Enterprise (cause they can't anyways!). Saipan rental can convince people to buy Saipan.

31 minutes ago, CaptainKaitoGhost said:

Don't care about the CVs, but I'll take a free 6 point captain.

I imagine this describes many people.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,449 posts
14,132 battles
1 hour ago, henrychenhenry said:

I don't exactly get what you mean.

Uuuuyyyyyyy...

OK, there was a real-world event associated with the date Dec. 7, in which the real-world Kaga participated.

A date which will “live in infamy,” but only if succeeding generations are taught it, and care enough to remember it.

I really hope that helps.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
“a” real-world event vs. “an” real-world event

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
1 minute ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Uuuuyyyyyyy...

OK, there was an real-world event associated with the date Dec. 7, in which the real-world Kaga participated.

A date which will “live in infamy,” but only if succeeding generations are taught it, and care enough to remember it.

Oh, I see! Thanks for explaining this.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles
2 hours ago, Nevermore135 said:

Wait, what???  I thought the US carriers were out of Pearl when the Japanese suddenly and deliberately attacked on that infamous day...  I'm fairly sure that the only CV's currently in game that participated in that "battle" are the Shokaku and Kaga.  Hiryu used to be in game, but she's gone...for now.

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

Well Saipan is the one CV I don't have, and a free 6-point captain is nice. Meh, why not?

[RNDM]
Members
371 posts
7,418 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Uuuuyyyyyyy...

OK, there was a real-world event associated with the date Dec. 7, in which the real-world Kaga participated.

I feel like there is some one out there who will make a training room match on Dec. 7, put a bunch of stationary mid tier USN BBs in a row, and just go to town on them with the IJN Tier VIII CV of their choice.

[WOLFC]
Members
1,997 posts
10,434 battles
44 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Wait, what???  I thought the US carriers were out of Pearl when the Japanese suddenly and deliberately attacked on that infamous day...  I'm fairly sure that the only CV's currently in game that participated in that "battle" are the Shokaku and Kaga.  Hiryu used to be in game, but she's gone...for now.

The article and missions are commemorating the Battle of Midway, because of the movie now in theaters, not Pearl Harbor.

But yes, your historical knowledge is correct. One interesting fact is that if Enterprise has not been delayed by bad weather, she likely would have been transiting the channel into Pearl Harbor the morning of the attack. It’s interesting to think how history would be different if Enterprise was lost or severely damaged that day.

Edited by Nevermore135

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
10,937 battles

One day rental hardly seems worth the amount of effort.

What a weird BXP required... is 47,642 referring to something?

[POP]
Members
4,660 posts
12,429 battles
5 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

What a weird BXP required... is 47,642 referring to something?

It’s referring to the dates of the Battle of Midway - June 4th to 7th 1942, or 4th to 7th June ‘42 (47642), if you live in any part of the world where the day goes before the month when writing dates.

Not super interested in the carriers since I’m not much of a carrier player, but a free 6 point commander or two just for playing the game? I’ll definitely take that.