You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wanturskul

Conqueror False Advertising

53 comments in this topic

[SCOM]
Members
216 posts
9,405 battles

The Conqueror description says " The project was notable for the 457 mm main guns, which were developed in the early 1920s and were the most powerful British naval artillery systems."

Where are my "most powerful British naval artillery systems"?/s:Smile_sad:

With the removal of the 457s shouldn't WG update this before the pitchforks come out?

The full description reads:

This ship was designed as a battleship with increased firepower on the basis of the British experience in ship construction gained during World War II. The project was notable for the 457 mm main guns, which were developed in the early 1920s and were the most powerful British naval artillery systems.

Should read:

This ship was designed as a battleship on the basis of the British experience in ship construction gained during World War II. The project was notable for lacking 457 mm main guns, which were developed in the early 1920s, because WG determined they were not the most powerful British naval artillery systems.:Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,643 battles
9 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

The Conqueror description says " The project was notable for the 457 mm main guns, which were developed in the early 1920s and were the most powerful British naval artillery systems."

Where are my "most powerful British naval artillery systems"?/s:Smile_sad:

With the removal of the 457s shouldn't WG update this before the pitchforks come out?

The full description reads:

This ship was designed as a battleship with increased firepower on the basis of the British experience in ship construction gained during World War II. The project was notable for the 457 mm main guns, which were developed in the early 1920s and were the most powerful British naval artillery systems.

Should read:

This ship was designed as a battleship on the basis of the British experience in ship construction gained during World War II. The project was notable for lacking 457 mm main guns, which were developed in the early 1920s, because WG determined they were not the most powerful British naval artillery systems.:Smile_trollface:

As I understand it, the 457mm guns were moved to the Thunderer. I'm guessing that WG doesn't want dual gun sizes anymore, which is why the Kreml and Slava are going to be two different ships.

[SCOM]
Members
216 posts
9,405 battles
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

As I understand it, the 457mm guns were moved to the Thunderer. I'm guessing that WG doesn't want dual gun sizes anymore, which is why the Kreml and Slava are going to be two different ships.

I know they moved the 457s to the Thunderer.

I just found it funny reading the description that they haven't updated.  They removed the one "notable" feature of the ship

Newer players might not realize this.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,110 battles

I didn't realize that they removed the option?  I thought it was still there.  Go figure

[WOLF3]
Members
28,115 posts
24,463 battles
16 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Mogami parts way with her 155mm guns.  I can see it already.

The 155mm guns get pulled and put into Premium Suzuya, Mikuma, or Kumano, her historical sisters with an earlier configuration having those guns.

Mogami is left with the 203mm guns, which makes her consistent with every Tech Tree IJN Cruiser from Tier V thru X.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,377 posts
4,193 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the Mogami parts way with her 155mm guns.  I can see it already.

The 155mm guns get pulled and put into Premium Suzuya, Mikuma, or Kumano, her historical sisters with an earlier configuration having those guns.

Mogami is left with the 203mm guns, which makes her consistent with every Tech Tree IJN Cruiser from Tier V thru X.

Man would that start a riot though. I don't think very many people play 203 Mogami, the 155s are just much more fun (if not flat out better). you're right, WG would want to standardize her, but at this point a lot of people would get mad. Still, WG hasn't been too concerned about player feedback lately.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,347 battles

It's a money grab. Instead of two sizes why not just make two ships. And one for coal.

• Cool 5

[WOLF3]
Members
28,115 posts
24,463 battles
Just now, pikohan said:

It's a money grab. Instead of two sizes why not just make two ships. And one for coal.

My original suggestion for Conqueror's 457s were to simply improve them and actually make them desirable, viable alternative to the 419s.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,353 posts
19,447 battles

to make it even funnier, the description for Thunderer is exactly the same as Conqueror's, they literally copy pasted it onto Thunderer.

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,643 battles
40 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

I know they moved the 457s to the Thunderer.

I just found it funny reading the description that they haven't updated.  They removed the one "notable" feature of the ship

Newer players might not realize this.

Don't look at the Naval Academy on the wiki. Videos 4 and 5 are about CVs, but are the pre-rework CVs. :Smile_facepalm:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Academy_Online

10 minutes ago, pikohan said:

It felt more like about trying to make the two sizes balanced to me. Pretty much everyone skipped the 457mm for the 419mm.

Edited by Kizarvexis
never type with dog in lap wanting attention. You put all the words out of order :)

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,150 posts
16,098 battles
29 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Man would that start a riot though. I don't think very many people play 203 Mogami, the 155s are just much more fun (if not flat out better). you're right, WG would want to standardize her, but at this point a lot of people would get mad. Still, WG hasn't been too concerned about player feedback lately.

I find the 155's still to be better than the 203's personally.  They were even better prior to the "shell normalization" they did a while ago, and were at their height when BFT/AFT allowed for like 18k range. :Smile_playing:

I would not be happy if they removed the 155's from Mogami. :cap_viking:

[SCOM]
Members
216 posts
9,405 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Don't look at the Naval Academy on the wiki. Videos 4 and 5 are about CVs, but are the pre-rework CVs. :Smile_facepalm:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Naval_Academy_Online

It felt like me more about trying to make the two sizes balanced. Pretty much everyone skipped the 457mm for the 419mm.

The description in game says the same thing when you mouse over the ship.  Which is why I brought it up and thought it could be an issue.

I could just see some salty player getting angry, "I ground that whole line for the most powerful British naval artillery and all I got was this stretched  Lion clone":Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Wanturskul

[SCOM]
Members
216 posts
9,405 battles
4 minutes ago, Volron said:

I find the 155's still to be better than the 203's personally.  They were even better prior to the "shell normalization" they did a while ago, and were at their height when BFT/AFT allowed for like 18k range. :Smile_playing:

The 155's are life on the Mogami, other than dealing with the ridiculous turret rotation speed.  I always loved the sound they emit too. 

If I want 203's I will play the Atago.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,643 battles
8 minutes ago, Wanturskul said:

The description in game says the same thing when you mouse over the ship.  Which is why I brought it up and thought it could be an issue.

I could just see some salty player getting angry, "I ground that whole line for the most powerful British naval artillery and all I got was this stretched  Lion clone":Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, sometimes WG can be slow updating some things.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
50 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

They would still need to be careful at the moment though, because there is only so far you can push a player base before even the most loyal veteran players decide to leave. And far too much controversy is going on within a few months to even consider such a move by Wargaming, well unless they gave Mogami extended range and the option choose between using  spotter plane or Cat Fighter, in which case they could smooth over the 203 gun transition. But even them many would miss the 155s including me. Being able to “shot gun” 15 shells is often devastating for DDs, and does hurt BBs and CAs as well.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,010 battles

This will be fixed with the upcoming patch. 

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,347 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

It felt more like about trying to make the two sizes balanced to me. Pretty much everyone skipped the 457mm for the 419mm.

I guess I don't buy that because they could just have changed the properties of the guns, but no. But I'm also very cynical of anything WG does now, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[WOLF3]
Members
28,115 posts
24,463 battles
1 hour ago, Volron said:

Those were the days.

17 something kilometer Cleveland, we learned how to hit things even that far away with her.  In that era of the game, Cleveland was Public Enemy No.1 to BB players.  Every day there was some thread BB players had about her.  On top of that, her Tier VIII AA on a Tier VI CL was the first true "Welcome to WoWS" new CV players got when meeting their first real AA threat.

Konigsberg reached out to about 19.1km, which she needed because she was is so squishy.

Omaha used to have the nickname "OPmaha" and now she's a joke.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,219 posts
21,619 battles
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

What about German T9 & T10????

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,643 battles
10 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

What about German T9 & T10????

WG hasn't said anything about that as far as I know. Maybe the Conqueror was a test before doing it to other ships?

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,219 posts
21,619 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

WG hasn't said anything about that as far as I know. Maybe the Conqueror was a test before doing it to other ships?

You said WG doesn't want dual caliber guns....

German hasn't changed and no hints in the wind.

I believe it's the 18 inch 456 to 457 that are the issue....

More money for WG....

420's won't do it for the wallets.