You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

Gift cards for warships

14 comments in this topic

Members
555 posts
8,430 battles

How does one purchase gift cards for this game? My little sisters know I play this game a lot and said they’d get me something for it For Christmas.  I looked everywhere and saw that they were available at places like wal mart and GameStop... etc but only in increments of $20 we usually spend about $100 each on each other so... instead of entering 10 different codes (my little sisters are twins)  is there an option on the website somewhere to purchase an optional amount for a gift card for use in warships? I mean surely there has to be better options out there than $20 increments for gold only. 

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound

[HDR]
Beta Testers
316 posts
7,406 battles

Tell your sisters I dont mind putting in however many codes they feel like giving out! :D

Seriously though all I come across are the $20s

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
23,141 battles
21 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

I mean surely there has to be better options out there than $20 increments for gold only. 

That is it. The gift cards are only good for buying doubloons.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,410 posts
14,089 battles
30 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

How does one purchase gift cards for this game? My little sisters know I play this game a lot and said they’d get me something for it For Christmas.  I looked everywhere and saw that they were available at places like wal mart and GameStop... etc but only in increments of $20 we usually spend about $100 each on each other so... instead of entering 10 different codes (my little sisters are twins)  is there an option on the website somewhere to purchase an optional amount for a gift card for use in warships? I mean surely there has to be better options out there than $20 increments for gold only. 

They can pick up prepaid Visa cards for you in a Wal-Mart, so you won’t be limited to doubloons, and you can let ‘em watch you buy and enjoy your stuff.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,046 battles

The others are correct, the branded giftcards are only in $20 increments. 

It should be noted that they only redeem for doubloons.

Fem, 

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,152 posts
16,380 battles

You can tell your sister to give you cash, then use your credit card to the value of cash that your sister going to give you

$100

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
1,042 posts
18,519 battles

Another option. Your sister can make an account, go to the Premium shop, and buy you whatever is on your wish list. She wouldn't even need to leave the house.

Ah5xo1f.jpg

Respects,

Am

[LOIN]
Supertester
835 posts
1 hour ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

I got a couple of gift cards in past for this game. So, they exist. Gamestop sells them but not all of them do.

Edited by Starfleet1701

Supertester
335 posts
16,865 battles

i usually hit my local 7-11 for KarmaKoin cards. You can use them in the premium store for anything, except items listed as "available for you - 1. The cards can be purchased for a minimum of $16.00.  You can get them digitally from pcgamesupply.  

Members
555 posts
8,430 battles

I may have worded this bad but I’m aware of the cards you can currently get at places. I’m wondering if the website or wargaming in general offer something directly. 

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,541 battles
3 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

You can tell your sister to give you cash, then use your credit card to the value of cash that your sister going to give you

$100

This is not done, especially on Christmas … who raised you? :)

Edited by Commander_367

[A-I-M]
Members
3,410 posts
14,089 battles
3 hours ago, Amracil said:

Another option. Your sister can make an account, go to the Premium shop, and buy you whatever is on your wish list. She wouldn't even need to leave the house.

Ah5xo1f.jpg

Respects,

Am

Another option, bonus addition. Recruit them via the recruitment offer WG provides, and maybe get some bonus doubloons in the bargain.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,152 posts
16,380 battles
1 hour ago, Commander_367 said:

who raised you? :)

from where I was born and grow up, we don't celebrate Christmas. Only recently I am starting with the cultural merged and acknowledged Christmas.

But gift can be so many different way ..... the way we celebrate is also different from other so .......

it all about the celebration that count

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,541 battles
38 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

from where I was born and grow up, we don't celebrate Christmas. Only recently I am starting with the cultural merged and acknowledged Christmas.

But gift can be so many different way ..... the way we celebrate is also different from other so .......

it all about the celebration that count

I think the quote you're looking for is "It's the thought that counts" 

Giving people cash is for tipping a waiter … not a loved one on Christmas :)

Think about it … if all 3 siblings give each other the same amount of cash - it's a wash and net exchange of zero dollars and zero sentiment 

Don't ever do this with your wife :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Cool 1