You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

Research bureau information?

14 comments in this topic

Members
555 posts
8,408 battles

So I’ve been grinding through the Lines in the research bureau (I may be wrong here) but I thought it was initially discussed that the research bureau would run for some time and then go away and then come back. Sort of like clan wars or ranked does. 

can anyone verify any truth to this or is it something that is permanent and will always be there? 
my biggest concern is to through a line again and half way through the RB shuts down. I’ve made it though a line in under a week and I’ve taken a few weeks on one line. My play time is never a for sure thing so basically don’t want to start one and then fall into that “ I don’t have much time right now category” and loss the progress or is whatever if it does in fact run in “seasons”

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,675 posts
19,799 battles

RB is here to stay, AFAIK. There are 'seasons', but that just means that when a new season starts you'll get double RP for one line.

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles

There is an old saying in fishing.... never leave fish to find fish.

Throwing away a three point field goal to take a first down rather than the points..

Investing in options.

A bush in the hand is better than two birds on a Colbert.

Better chance of burning out and quitting than regrinding a grind with several hundreds of games and or dollars just to get a ship you may play 20 times....

[WOLF3]
Members
373 posts
10,599 battles
9 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

There is an old saying in fishing.... never leave fish to find fish.

Throwing away a three point field goal to take a first down rather than the points..

Investing in options.

A bush in the hand is better than two birds on a Colbert.

Better chance of burning out and quitting than regrinding a grind with several hundreds of games and or dollars just to get a ship you may play 20 times....

Thats my opinion too. Way too much effort for what you are getting in return. They are pretty cool though.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
23,061 battles
1 hour ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

the research bureau would run for some time and then go away and then come back.

We are in the first 3 month season. When it ends the next 3 month season begins and so on and so forth. With each new season you get 1 double RB point bonus for 1 line you reset.

Members
555 posts
8,408 battles

To each their own but I want the Ohio.. I’m sure they’ll add new ships to the group as well as time goes on that will only be accessible through the RB. I just do it to keep the game “fresh” I guess. I can sit there and play the same ships over and over now with no real goal... like cool... I have 4.5 million convertible xp on my republique. Same with my Montana or at least did. At least doing this I have something to work towards again, that’s how I view it anyhow. I’ve already done 5 lines. Plus it’s a really easy way to get free xp. Do one line and get 250k free xp. I used all my old points and got 750k free xp out of the deal. Just played the game as I normally do. The ships will be rare too which is another attraction. Not many people (as clearly stated) think it’s worth it and that’s okay. I see it as a great work - reward system. 

Members
555 posts
8,408 battles
58 minutes ago, Nutaz said:

The post nerf Ohio is not what WG made out out to be, the Georgia is better. 

Bon Chance!

I have the Georgia and love it. My new fav tier 9 my desire for the Ohio is about it being my home state namesake. 

[SC]
Beta Testers
78 posts
10,953 battles

Is it listed somewhere when the next season starts? I can't find that info anywhere. Is it's so god damn complicated for WG to include stupid easy stuff like that in the armory?

The current season started in August so the second season should be starting soon. 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,662 posts
7,040 battles
9 minutes ago, xtermin8r69 said:

Is it listed somewhere when the next season starts? I can't find that info anywhere. Is it's so god damn complicated for WG to include stupid easy stuff like that in the armory or am I just blind?

The current season started in August so the second season should be starting soon. 

I think I have seen Nov 17th floated around?  Not sure,   I'll bet @Kizarvexis Has a good idea?   

[SC]
Beta Testers
78 posts
10,953 battles
3 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

I think I have seen Nov 17th floated around?  Not sure,   I'll bet @Kizarvexis Has a good idea?   

Is it so fricking complicated for these commies to put that in the Armory or even in the tech tree? Everything's like a fricking secret to these people.

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,600 battles
1 minute ago, iRA6E said:

1 minute ago, xtermin8r69 said:

Is it so fricking complicated for these commies to put that in the Armory or even in the tech tree? Everything's like a fricking secret to these people.

The Research Bureau article came out on Aug 16th, 2019 and stated the first season would be 3 months long.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/research-bureau/#seasons

The 1st Research Bureau season actually started with the release of 8.7 on Aug 21st. Each patch runs for 4 weeks/28 days. So going off a Feb style month, then the 2nd season of the Research Bureau would likely start Wed, Nov 13th if 8.10 drops that day as is likely scheduled. I checked @Femennenly's important dates thread and the 1st RB end date is not listed, likely as the start of the 2nd season does NOT affect the resets for the first. The start of the 2nd season just provides another x2 research points bonus opportunity. You do not have to finish a reset in one season and if you have a x2 bonus, it stays on until you finish the reset grind no matter how many seasons it takes.

We are likely to get more info on the 2nd RB season when the 8.10 patch notes come out, which should be early next week.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,970 posts
14,344 battles

I reground all my X's. Have the Ohio and have another 170k research points sitting in the Armory waiting for the next season.  I do not like play that Colbert presents so will not get that ship.  I will tell you the Ohio to me is meh..  I love Montana and can do better in her than in Ohio...  Though her Alpha is nice, I still find her meh.....  So IMO I would regrind ONLY the lines you love playing... and be very careful with what you spend your RP on....