You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capt_Ahab1776

Twilight operation

18 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,916 battles

Just a PSA. Don't know if your doing the Twilight operations but if you haven't really done them. It is a good way to build up free XP quick. 

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
Members
835 posts
15,381 battles

haven't tried fxp Been trying to figure out the optimal recipe for max credits using twilight. can get ~600-700k in 7ish minutes or 900k -1.2m in 15-18 minutes . have to subtract -90k for cost of course .  Was doing captain xp as well for a while but stopped since it felt easier when the older op's were around.  

How much fxp are you pulling op? 

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,916 battles
33 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

How much fxp are you pulling op? 

Hey on my way out the door for work. I will have to try tonight and give you a ball park. I know there are the "Challenges" of for every 100 base xp you get with the Lancet, Rust Nightfall, or Maverick you get 1000 xp which I think is transferred to free xp at the end of the event? That's not including flying xp flags, or premium time. You get 15 attempts per ship. I imagine the T10's get the same? not for sure will have to ask.

Members
1,306 posts
7,142 battles

You don't get FXP from those challenges. Nor will it be transferred to FXP at the end of the event. It will be transferred to a T1 ship (probably the Orlan) and you will have to use doubloons to convert it to FXP. 

[-TKS-]
Members
835 posts
15,381 battles

so am just messing around to check and twighlight is not good for fxp , not worth the cost in flags at all . credits and captain xp is what its good for .

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,916 battles
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 11:20 PM, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

so am just messing around to check and twighlight is not good for fxp , not worth the cost in flags at all . credits and captain xp is what its good for .

oh okay thanks. I was thinking for some reason it was transferred to free xp. The captains we don't get to keep after the event. Isn't their xp changed to free xp?

One other positive note, you can get free perma camo. It's themed after the event. Not a big fan of it's appearance. I got the Benham from the Savage Battles and it came with a either or savage battle themed camo or a traditional camo. I keep the traditional on it.

The perma camo with this is a perma linked camo. Once you put it on it stays on. I'd love to have perma camo on my Fletcher but eh, don't know if I want this on it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,298 posts
On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 2:40 PM, Tachnechdorus said:

No interest in those Halloween ships and missions.  

Same here.  If it weren't for some unrelated things going on at the same time, the entirety of "Halloween month" would be a yearly "doldrums" in WOWS for me.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,375 posts
20,893 battles

Made over 1 million so far. Got 2 captains to 19 skill points.

Slower paced than the 3 DDs event, so it helped to do a less stressed grind, it surely helped a lot to improve my captains

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,375 posts
20,893 battles
8 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

oh okay thanks. I was thinking for some reason it was transferred to free xp. The captains we don't get to keep after the event. Isn't their xp changed to free xp?

NO, but all the XP you get on those captains is replicated as Free Captain XP, so if you get 1000 captain XP, you also get 1000 FCXP!!!

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,916 battles
On 11/12/2019 at 7:03 AM, barbaroja_Ar said:

NO, but all the XP you get on those captains is replicated as Free Captain XP, so if you get 1000 captain XP, you also get 1000 FCXP!!!

Thanks!

Members
352 posts
9,512 battles

36 million credits, 760k elite commander xp, 160k free xp from twilight so far.

the point of it is not to pk but work together grab your filth after killing the bots and get out, you pk or attack during ras killing you wont survive the 2 dd spawn and get out alive.  its about team work grab your filth get your bundles cuz the tier 10 camo is 6k doubloons if ya wanna buy it. so best to get it in bundles with filth.

[TF16]
Members
282 posts
13,131 battles

65 million credits and 1 million Captain xp so far  this event has been very lucrative for me 

• Cool 1

[JCMNR]
Members
231 posts
17,141 battles

I love it. Thankyou Wargaming. But I have no idea how much i have earned coz I tend to spend it as soon as I get it :P

Members
5,408 posts
10,454 battles

This will be the first year I did not 5 star all of the Twilight Operations.  After the first one - Sunray was just impossible.  I gave up and the last one did not appeal to me at all.

[CLARE]
Members
572 posts
2 hours ago, CylonRed said:

This will be the first year I did not 5 star all of the Twilight Operations.  After the first one - Sunray was just impossible.  I gave up and the last one did not appeal to me at all.

umm.... they are not talking about 5 star ops.  They are talking about separate mod called Twilight Battle, there is no stars, you collect filth and then use it to get random packages (with a chance of getting permanent camo, I already got t8 and t9 permocamo).  You can also buy 50k silver for 1k filth.

[CLARE]
Members
572 posts

I do have a question.  Twilight Battle took up all my free ship slots.  Can I get rid of a couple twilight ships once I researched next ship in the tree?

Members
5,408 posts
10,454 battles
7 hours ago, ij70 said:

umm.... they are not talking about 5 star ops.  They are talking about separate mod called Twilight Battle, there is no stars, you collect filth and then use it to get random packages (with a chance of getting permanent camo, I already got t8 and t9 permocamo).  You can also buy 50k silver for 1k filth.

And I believe that was the last one that did not appeal to me at all.  Still part of the Twilight halloween stuff...  Since I gave up on Sunray - it is the first year I did not 5 star all of the halloween ops.