You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

T8 and T9 accuracy?

9 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles

Do any of them have accurate hard hitting guns at long range? Which have most accurate main guns at t8? T9? Seems the premiums are mediocre at best?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,379 battles

NC is like one of the most accurate BBs in the game; just very slow shells too.

Members
3,312 posts
16,571 battles

The Jean Bart guns are very accurate at long range. At least for me. I also don't have any issues with Musashi. All the shells may not land but the ones that do hit really hard. 

Shooting long range isn't easy to master. it takes time and practice. I think you need to be more patient and practice more. Have you tried practicing with different ships in the Training Room? If you don't have many T9 ships you find them in PT server.    

At T-8   Amagi and North Carolina. I had really good success with Amagi at long range. Often being able to Cit tier 9-10 BBs.  Again, it takes time to master it but worth it.

Edited by STINKWEED_

[WG-CC]
Privateers, Members
9,091 posts
7,978 battles

Most accurate T9 BB is Georgia, no contest.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,973 battles
45 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I had really good success with Amagi at long range.

Amagi is a very good sniper. Very good.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,176 posts
24,541 battles

The Sigma of VIII North Carolina is 2.0, so she's pretty good.  The trouble about her is her very floaty shells, which can be annoying at longer ranges as they're up in the air for so long.  Accuracy isn't the issue, learning how much you need to lead with the Tier VIII USN BB guns is the critical thing that must be learned.

The Tier IX-X USN BB gunnery is great, very useful at lots of engagement ranges, and helped by having access to APRM2 in Slot 6, which buffs dispersion by 11% instead of the normal ASM1 in Slot 3 that no USN BB can access.  ASM1 for other ships buffs dispersion by 7%.

I remember having a better time dealing with long ranged Cruisers in my IX-X USN BBs because their shells don't float as bad, and their gunnery is better than most other BBs that weren't IJN at those ranges.  Trying to deal with a dancing, engine boosting Charles Martel, Henri IV at long range, or that Zao hitting you with practically every shell at very long ranges... That's infuriating to deal with in something like Bismarck, FDG, Richelieu, even North Carolina.  But with IX-X USN BBs, it's a lot more feasible to punish them in return.