You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

I had disquieting fears about Italian Cruisers Part 2, but...

18 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
21,716 posts
15,757 battles

...they have just been resolved.

The fears came from the fact that the collection pieces required to acquire the new Unique Italian Commander can ONLY be acquired by getting specific containers during the four-week course of this event. Because RNGesus has a way of dropping duplicates when you least need them, the potential for frustration was huge.

Never fear, common sense is here!

image.thumb.png.d8f148300d140231f4d99e9970e93e21.png

Now if you fail to get him during the event, you need only to determine how much coal you want to spend. Of course the catch is that patch 0.9.4 isn't until about April/May of next year, but at least you can EVENTUALLY tidy up the loose ends and pick him up without having to cough up for premium crates. This takes a lot of pressure off me. I can grind happily away at my own agenda without having to worry about whether I score everything.

I would not be at all surprised to see Italian destroyers being ready for release at about the same time. It's been an awfully long while since we've seen the Leone (T6 Italian DD) around; I don't think I've see a tester driving once since the Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, last Christmas/New Year.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 4
  • Confused 1

[ICOP]
Members
1,078 posts
4,306 battles

I terribly sorry to inform you common sense, logic and sensible thinking are illegal on the internet, please choose from one of the following forms of punishment:

1. Keel haul
  2. Yardarm hanging
  3. Walk the plank

Enjoy.

PS nice option to get him if you don't manage it during the event.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles
7 minutes ago, Junostorm said:

PS nice option to get him if you don't manage it during the event.

It should be noted we have intentions to bring the other commanders that were available in events back.

For example Kuznetsov will be available with 8.10 in the armory for coal :)

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,716 posts
15,757 battles
2 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

A great deal of coal, if rumours I heard regarding a brief appearance in the PTS Armory are anything to go by! 

This is excellent news. Hopefully we will also see the return of the Rong brothers, whether for coal or gold or both. Those Pan-Asian ships ain't gonna captain themselves, ya know! :Smile_great:

• Cool 2

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

So essentially, if you aren't lucky, you can either wait 5 months, or you can buy the premium containers which I'm sure will drop 2 pieces each (EDIT:  Just 1 apparently).  No amount of grinding will guarantee you anything - just a chance.

I can live with that but then again, the Italian mehbotes hold no interest to me at all so I guess that might be part of it.

If they are going to discontinue the option of "collecting" through daily containers - well, that is one less reason to log in daily for me I guess.....

Edited by Old_Baldy_One
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
21,716 posts
15,757 battles
1 minute ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

So essentially, if you aren't lucky, you can either wait 5 months, or you can buy the premium containers which I'm sure will drop 2 pieces each.  No amount of grinding will guarantee you anything - just a chance.

I can live with that but then again, the Italian mehbotes hold no interest to me at all so I guess that might be part of it.

I don't see the problem with waiting, quite frankly. I don't have to have everything RIGHT THIS MINUTE. That's an important lesson that can save players a lot of time and money in this game.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
16 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

It should be noted we have intentions to bring the other commanders that were available in events back.

Fem, 

Any schedule on the French Admiral?

9 minutes ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

or you can buy the premium containers which I'm sure will drop 2 pieces each. 

1 Piece:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/italian-cruisers-part-2/#containers

One “Resolute and Rapid” container drops:

• 1x Regia Marina camouflage pattern or 1x special signal
  • One of the following: 500 Free XP; 1,500 Elite Commander XP; 50,000 credits; 600 Coal; 1x Type 59 camo; or 3x economic signals (Zulu, Papa Papa, Equal Speed Charlie London, or India Bravo Terrathree)
  • 1x element of the Resolute and Rapid collection

One Resolute and Rapid Premium container drops:

• 15x Regia Marina camouflage patterns or 15x special signals
  • One of the following: 9,000 Free XP; 3x Type 59 camos; or 3,500 Coal
  • 1x element of the Resolute and Rapid collection

•  

It's 1 piece for both the premium and non-premium.

Edited by _RC1138

[DVYJC]
Members
3,569 posts
8,240 battles
41 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

...they have just been resolved.

The fears came from the fact that the collection pieces required to acquire the new Unique Italian Commander can ONLY be acquired by getting specific containers during the four-week course of this event. Because RNGesus has a way of dropping duplicates when you least need them, the potential for frustration was huge.

Never fear, common sense is here!

image.thumb.png.d8f148300d140231f4d99e9970e93e21.png

Now if you fail to get him during the event, you need only to determine how much coal you want to spend. Of course the catch is that patch 0.9.4 isn't until about April/May of next year, but at least you can EVENTUALLY tidy up the loose ends and pick him up without having to cough up for premium crates. This takes a lot of pressure off me. I can grind happily away at my own agenda without having to worry about whether I score everything.

I would not be at all surprised to see Italian destroyers being ready for release at about the same time. It's been an awfully long while since we've seen the Leone (T6 Italian DD) around; I don't think I've see a tester driving once since the Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, last Christmas/New Year.

This kind of makes sense, I suspected these items would not be collectable in dailies. Fortunately, Sansonetti is not so impressive looking that failing your luck roll on the containers you get in 8.10 will noticeably cripple you in any way until 9.4 if you must have him.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
53 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Fem, 

Will that also include the ARP Commanders as well as other Anime Commanders?

[ARGSY]
Members
21,716 posts
15,757 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

ARP and HSF commanders are ruled out because their collaborations are over. Azur Lane might be another matter.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
7 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

ARP and HSF commanders are ruled out because their collaborations are over. Azur Lane might be another matter.

Unless the contracts were renewed which I have seen WG do before. And an Anime company should be ok with making some added money and interest again with one of their existing products, and same goes with WG as they still would have the designs and coding stored away so not much extra work for them either.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[ARGSY]
Members
21,716 posts
15,757 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Unless the contracts were renewed which I have seen WG do before.

HSF's company folded, and given the complete lack of anything Arpeggio since before I was in the game, I consider this unlikely.

It would be nice - I'd love a Harekaze and maybe a couple of the ARP ships - but I'm not holding my breath.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

HSF's company folded, and given the complete lack of anything Arpeggio since before I was in the game, I consider this unlikely.

It would be nice - I'd love a Harekaze and maybe a couple of the ARP ships - but I'm not holding my breath.

Such assets are either acquired by another company or can still be asked permission to use by somebody who was responsible for creating it. To coin the phrase, if there is somebody that has the legal ownership rights to sue you for copyright, then there is somebody you might be able to make a business deal with. If literally nobody owns something anymore, then there would be no problem with using them in game again, and could only prove helpful  to WG by gaining more interest in WOWs. And since Anime content can be turned off by those who do not like it, it literally only becomes beneficial for WG without negative affects as long as all the legal paperwork is in order.

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles
36 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Not at this stage. Collaboration content is another "beast".

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Not at this stage. Collaboration content is another "beast".

Fem, 

Thank you, from your other post I had just wondered about the extent of the Commanders returning, but now I know exactly which Commanders Wargaming will be bringing back. :Smile_honoring:

[ARGSY]
Members
21,716 posts
15,757 battles
5 hours ago, iron_crosstx said:

Speaking of commanders, when are we going to get jingles?

God only knows. Same time as the other guy with the white beard is my best guess. :Smile_trollface: