Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

Friendly ramming?

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

333
[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles

I have noticed this several times. I'm sitting behind an island firing away, a friendly rushes in to get out of line of fire, rams me, gets warning in chat. I dont. After game is over I get penalized by losing credits etc for ramming when I was the one rammed? Now when I tap someone I expect to get penalized, but not when I'm on the receiving end. Its not much but it is irritating. This happens a lot?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles

I have often nudged dds out of their smoke to help them continue to do their job to the best of their ability, like spot for the team rather than us spot for them. It's only been 3 or 400 times but accidental each time.

  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
110
[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
267 posts
8,290 battles
11 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

I get penalized by losing credits etc for ramming when I was the one rammed

The game does not figure out who was at fault. Both ships are always penalized. (small amount of XP and credits)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles
1 minute ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I have often nudged dds out of their smoke to help them continue to do their job to the best of their ability, like spot for the team rather than us spot for them. It's only been 3 or 400 times but accidental each time.

I'm not in smoke, they are not trying to get me to do anything other than what I have been doing, raining shells on BB if that's the target and keeping them on fire. I'm in a Boise, bottom tier. As far as pushing someone out of their smoke, not cool. Maybe they are waiting for torps to reload etc. A dead dd is of no use to a BB. The attitude some BB players have that everyone else is just cannon fodder for them and should sacrifice their ship/game so they can have a great game  is telling,

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
97
Members
127 posts
5,411 battles

When you are maneuvering while zoomed in and aiming, things like that are bound to happen. TBH the penalty is so low I really don't care that much when it happens.

Edited by js23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
488 posts
21,934 battles
10 minutes ago, Waxing_Gibbous said:

I have often nudged dds out of their smoke to help them continue to do their job to the best of their ability, like spot for the team rather than us spot for them. It's only been 3 or 400 times but accidental each time.

I'm out of responses for the day but I had to laugh when I read your reply.  So here is my response. - :Smile_veryhappy:

I'll bet you have been rammed out of smoke on more than on occasion.  If it was me that did it I'm sure I apologized in chat.  :Smile_Default:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
333
[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles

No, never have been. Don't have smoke or torps. I just see a certain attitude many BB players have. Yesterday was in a battle with my Boise, bottom tier as usual. Had a friendly Baltimore, NC on the flank with me. Enemy had a Bismarck, Vlad, a Russian t8 cruiser pushing in on us. The NC went yoloing out to meet them and take on the Bismarck which was closest. I was keeping the Bismarck on fire and the Vlad, staying out of secondary range. Warned NC to keep distance but got the negative. He got melted down, I ended up sinking both enemy BB, Baltimore got the cruiser. The rest of the game he complained on chat (open) about useless cruisers singling me and the Baltimore out. We both finished way above him, he finished at bottom of team. Was a win. Was funny when enemy player using the Vlad told him to shut up. I think he finished with something like 462 and us cruisers were both over 1300. Might have been the first time I had a enemy player come to my defense on chat lol.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
43 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

I'm not in smoke, they are not trying to get me to do anything other than what I have been doing, raining shells on BB if that's the target and keeping them on fire. I'm in a Boise, bottom tier. As far as pushing someone out of their smoke, not cool. Maybe they are waiting for torps to reload etc. A dead dd is of no use to a BB. The attitude some BB players have that everyone else is just cannon fodder for them and should sacrifice their ship/game so they can have a great game  is telling,

Always two sides of that coin. If a DD stays in hiding then no one is spotting or pushing the red back with a ocean filled with torps. Usually when a DD hides red goes for the easy BB targets. A DD can stay in the dark, torp, and push without smoke. Now If BBs and CAs are in to much of a hurry and push past their DD that is trying to stay dark, torp and spot then they to deserve to be a target for a rain of shells. If a DD is just hiding then its either turn back and run/ get distance or push on and hope the red dont shoot well. Having a CV in game of coarse changes that a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
329
[PHD]
Members
1,666 posts
7,019 battles
4 minutes ago, Quor Dresden said:

Always two sides of that coin. If a DD stays in hiding then no one is spotting or pushing the red back with a ocean filled with torps. Usually when a DD hides red goes for the easy BB targets. A DD can stay in the dark, torp, and push without smoke. Now If BBs and CAs are in to much of a hurry and push past their DD that is trying to stay dark, torp and spot then they to deserve to be a target for a rain of shells. If a DD is just hiding then its either turn back and run/ get distance or push on and hope the red dont shoot well. Having a CV in game of coarse changes that a bit.

I was in a game, PvE, with my new Fubuki (still trying to figure out the gameplay for her) on Two Brothers when a BB was doing similar. They got mad at me, and fired a salvo at me too. I was behind a small island waiting for my torps to reload and to ambush torp a bot BB coming my way. I suppose is was to stay out in the open and either spot for him after I put out smoke or be a shell pinata for the bots or both.

Could I have been more aggressive? Maybe, but I prefer to finish the match. 

Lots of times you aren't looking where you are going while judging a shot or torp launch (can I get a hit, are there friendlies in the area?) It happens almost always unintentional. Many times they aren't looking either.

If you hear a horn it might be a good time to check the area. Checking the mini map can help but that is sometimes dependent on the size of your PC monitor and how large you have the mini map set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
279 posts
1,259 battles
3 minutes ago, GrayPanther2018 said:

I was in a game, PvE, with my new Fubuki (still trying to figure out the gameplay for her) on Two Brothers when a BB was doing similar. They got mad at me, and fired a salvo at me too. I was behind a small island waiting for my torps to reload and to ambush torp a bot BB coming my way. I suppose is was to stay out in the open and either spot for him after I put out smoke or be a shell pinata for the bots or both.

Could I have been more aggressive? Maybe, but I prefer to finish the match. 

Lots of times you aren't looking where you are going while judging a shot or torp launch (can I get a hit, are there friendlies in the area?) It happens almost always unintentional. Many times they aren't looking either.

If you hear a horn it might be a good time to check the area. Checking the mini map can help but that is sometimes dependent on the size of your PC monitor and how large you have the mini map set.

Well in a Co-Op game with bots the rules and strategy go out the window. But here is the basic strategy as i was told when i started and that i see effective most often for a random full pvp game:

BBs kill CAs, CAs kill DDs, DDs kill ( usually after red DD is gone ) kill BBs. Obviously that can vary depending available targets and group make up, thats just the basics.

Most games have at least 2 DDs per team and teams should split into two groups one for each side of the map following a DD. Mostly this strategy is to avoid flanking but also gives an opportunity to take bases on both sides if the map has them. DD should try and stay dark and only torp to help keep red team honest and sometimes even push them back. CAs stay behind DDs, BBs stay behind CAs. Well at least to start :) CVs change it a bit but the basic strategy can still apply.

I believe by default your concealment range should be on you mini map as a dotted line. (Other option in the settings next to your mini map ) This is how you can stay dark and still spot and torp. Now DDs can vary and commander skills so sometimes your torp range is around the same as your concealment range. This makes it harder to stay hidden and torp. If ships are coming at you just get close to your concealment range and torp and hope they run into them or it scares them and they turn back. No fun to have torps coming at you from an invisible ship.

Well im sure many will disagree or offer more details, but it is a strategy that works. Good luck and happy hunting :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×