You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DuckyShot

1v1 Challenge!!

122 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Members
7,151 posts
16,428 battles

So in a thread yesterday, https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/204172-gun-bloom-penalty/, I made the assertion that DD's in general are too overpowered to receive more buffs and and several people took exception to that assertion, @_WaveRider_ among them. He didn't believe me, so I suggested that he submit a t8 cruiser to a 1v1 against a t8 destroyer on Ocean and he replied with this:

Ok Ducky, you want to make 1vs1 on Ocean up, I'll see your land of fantasy and raise you in an assashio and me in a Chappy and my Captain will choose RPF.

Hmmm, I wonder who'll win. 

So I have accepted his challenge of a 1v1 with my Asashio against his Chapayev and now he's trying to weasel out of it by ignoring me. Why is he so scared to face me in his big Russian radar cruiser against a DD that can't even hurt him with torpedoes, especially when he was the one that made the challenge?? Is he that scared he will lose?? Surely a Russian radar cruiser can't lose to a lowly deep water torp IJN destroyer, can it?? What does he have to lose? I am trying to give him every opportunity to make me eat my words and he's running away as fast as he can now that I am a willing participant?

He seemed so sure of himself, is he not as sure anymore??

Put your money where your mouth is @_WaveRider_, I am.

What do you think guys?? Does he have anything to be scared of? Can an Asashio beat a Chappy in a gun duel? What do you think guys? Would I go down to a quick defeat?

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,235 battles

alot forum warriors love to talk alot but their in game stats and abilities really reveal the truth, shame really

• Boring 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

Oh this is gonna be good.

1459566644223.gif.d8064e96bcd30820b2a91f6e220aaeca.gif

The topic, I mean. I doubt the match would have much going for it.

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,151 posts
16,428 battles
Just now, Landsraad said:

Oh this is gonna be good.

1459566644223.gif.d8064e96bcd30820b2a91f6e220aaeca.gif

The topic, I mean. I doubt the match would have much going for it.

If he man's up and backs up his challenge, I want to stream it for donos for charity. So it would have that going for it. But other than that, it would be pretty boring.

• Cool 3

[USCC2]
Members
6,202 posts
4 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So in a thread yesterday, https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/204172-gun-bloom-penalty/, I made the assertion that DD's in general are too overpowered to receive more buffs and and several people took exception to that assertion, @_WaveRider_ among them. He didn't believe me, so I suggested that he submit a t8 cruiser to a 1v1 against a t8 destroyer on Ocean and he replied with this:

So I have accepted his challenge of a 1v1 with my Asashio against his Chapayev and now he's trying to weasel out of it by ignoring me. Why is he so scared to face my in his big Russian radar cruiser against a DD that can't even hurt him with torpedoes, especially when he was the one that made the challenge?? IS he that scared he will lose?? Surely a Russian radar cruiser can't lose to a lowly deep water torp IJN destroyer, can it?? What does he have to lose? I am trying to give him every opportunity to make me eat my words and he's running away as fast as he can now that I am a willing participant?

He seems so sure of himself, is he not as sure anymore??

What do you think guys?? Does he have anything to be scared of? Can an Asashio beat a Chappy in a gun duel? What do you think guys? Would I go down to a quick defeat?

Oooh, back on subject Ducky, well done!

So your statement said 'DDs are OP' and I asked you to prove it.

So are you telling me, in your mind if you beat me in 'a' match then this one match proves a ship type is OP? If I win, then that would prove that they are not?

What world do you live in that you would take this as an 'official judgement' on the game and ship type?

:Smile_teethhappy: Ducky, all that would prove is you are a better player than me. :Smile_teethhappy: 

So, using evidence regarding the game, prove to me your original statement:

DDs are OP. It should be very simple.

• Boring 5

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,173 posts
16,404 battles

deep water torp can only hurt bb and CV

so you challenge to a gun duel stay inside smoke with the chappy?

[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator, Beta Testers
163 posts
14,697 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

So are you telling me, in your mind if you beat me in 'a' match then this one match proves a ship type is OP? If I win, then that would prove that they are not?

What world do you live in that you would take this as an 'official judgement' on the game and ship type?

:Smile_teethhappy: Ducky, all that would prove is you are a better player than me. :Smile_teethhappy: 

So by not facing him are you conceding you arent a strong enough player to have input on proper balancing?

• Cool 1

[GGWP]
Members
7,151 posts
16,428 battles
6 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Then why did you challenge me?? Why do you go and pick the worst scenario for a DD that you can think of at T8 and then back off when you realize it wouldn't likely go your way?

It would prove that a good player can make pretty much any DD do OP things and that they do not require any further across the board buffs. Does that not say something when a good player would be able to take the worst dd in the tier for fighting cruisers and likely be able to gun down a Russian radar cruiser with it? And I'll give you some helpful advice, There was probably 3 cruisers that you could have specified that I would not have wanted to face in an Asashio, and *spoiler alert* only one of them has radar.

A DD with a 5 second gun bloom such as was being suggested in that thread would be extremely overpowered. Daring and Jutland do this with their many smoke screens, imagine a dd that can do this anytime just by stopping shooting. Then as soon as the enemy ships turn their guns to shoot at something else, they open back up. Imagine a DD that can go dark 5 seconds after firing and still keep enemy ships spotted. That would be insanely broken.

Edited by Ducky_shot

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,755 battles
25 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So I have accepted his challenge of a 1v1 with my Asashio against his Chapayev and now he's trying to weasel out of it by ignoring me. Why is he so scared to face me in his big Russian radar cruiser against a DD that can't even hurt him with torpedoes, especially when he was the one that made the challenge?? Is he that scared he will lose?? Surely a Russian radar cruiser can't lose to a lowly deep water torp IJN destroyer, can it?? What does he have to lose? I am trying to give him every opportunity to make me eat my words and he's running away as fast as he can now that I am a willing participant?

He seemed so sure of himself, is he not as sure anymore??

I think your words make him quiver in his leather pants... I would take chappy and pummel your face in in a heartbeat.

[USCC2]
Members
6,202 posts
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

deep water torp can only hurt bb and CV

so you challenge to a gun duel stay inside smoke with the chappy?

Sorry is the question to me?

If so I was just changing scenarios in order to show Ducky that anyone can choose something that would favour them.

I don't even have a Chappy!:Smile_teethhappy: I just picked a ship that had radar and a DD that had DWTs. He immediately replied by wanting to drop a tier, I said no.

Now instead of providing evidence as to why DDs are OP, he wants to prove he's a better player than me.

A nice side-step, but it doesn't prove the DDs are OP statement. I still await his answer. :Smile_honoring:

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,755 battles
8 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

What if I took a Kleber against any surface ship of your choosing.  Would you be too scared to take this bet?  Kleber is totally weak with terrible detection, no smoke, and long reload.  Surely anything you bring to the match would smash my face in.

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Volunteer Moderator
3,173 posts
16,404 battles

Ducky, pick me! pick me!

my chappy had a very low skills capt and dont even have RPT

[USCC2]
Members
6,202 posts
7 minutes ago, LT_Chatbanned said:

I think your words make him quiver in his leather pants... I would take chappy and pummel your face in in a heartbeat.

Please do so, there you go @Ducky_shot, the 'manly' challenge you crave.

Only problem is, as already stated, one match does not prove a ship type is OP. If you win it will only prove you might be better than LT.

Can you not understand you will still have not proven, or dis-proven my initial question?

[GGWP]
Members
7,151 posts
16,428 battles

2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Sorry is the question to me?

If so I was just changing scenarios in order to show Ducky that anyone can choose something that would favour them.

I don't even have a Chappy!:Smile_teethhappy: I just picked a ship that had radar and a DD that had DWTs. He immediately replied by wanting to drop a tier, I said no.

Now instead of providing evidence as to why DDs are OP, he wants to prove he's a better player than me.

A nice side-step, but it doesn't prove the DDs are OP statement. I still await his answer. :Smile_honoring:

So fyi, I ran a training room against another 60%+ player with their chappy, I'll let you guess the result. 

Now imagine an LT or Akizuki or something like that in its place. Last clan battles season was garbage as there was pretty much only 2 cruisers that could stand up to the DD's that teams were bringing in a fair fight. Just because DD's have a high floor does not mean that their ceiling is not high as well. THE buffs being suggested by players, while they might lower the skill floor somewhat, they would absolutely blow the ceiling off and the skill disparity would just grow for good players vs bad players, leading to more blowouts.

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,755 battles
3 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Please do so, there you go @Ducky_shot, the 'manly' challenge you crave.

Only problem is, as already stated, one match does not prove a ship type is OP. If you win it will only prove you might be better than LT.

Can you not understand you will still have not proven, or dis-proven my initial question?

I would totally fight for your honor if you don't have the you know what to do it yourself.  Let me know @Ducky_shot

Edited by LT_Chatbanned

[GGWP]
Members
7,151 posts
16,428 battles
3 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Ducky, pick me! pick me!

rpf would be useful to prevent me from getting away and flanking. But in the tests I ran, there was no reason to run away.

[USCC2]
Members
6,202 posts
8 minutes ago, LT_Chatbanned said:

What if I took a Kleber against any surface ship of your choosing.  Would you be too scared to take this bet?  Kleber is totally weak with terrible detection, no smoke, and long reload.  Surely anything you bring to the match would smash my face in.

I think you've jumped into the conversation and misinterpreted my view point.

My viewpoint is that DDs are not OP.

Ducky thinks by beating me in a DD when I am in a Cruiser that that will prove it.

I said all that proves is that he would be a better player than me. :Smile_Default:

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,755 battles
1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Ducky thinks by beating me in a DD when I am in a Cruiser that that will prove it.

I said all that proves is that he would be a better player than me. :Smile_Default:

IDK man, kinda seems like you are trying to squirm your way out of this.  Have some honor.  You told @Ducky_shot that you would take him on, so do it.

[GGWP]
Members
7,151 posts
16,428 battles
Just now, _WaveRider_ said:

So I have laid out several reasons in both threads why I believe that DD's are OP and why the asked for gun bloom buffs would be way to powerful for them.

Why aren't they OP?

[USCC2]
Members
6,202 posts
7 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Ducky, pick me! pick me!

3 minutes ago, LT_Chatbanned said:

I would totally fight for your honor.  Let me know @Ducky_shot

3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

rpf would be useful to prevent me from getting away and flanking. But in the tests I ran, there was no reason to run away.

There you go Ducky.

I guess it doesn't matter who you beat or who beats you if you think one match is going to decide if a ship type is OP. :Smile_facepalm:

If it is any consolation you lose it won't mean anything to me!

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,755 battles
Just now, OliverKloseoff said:

@WaveRidersounds like someone is a scardy cat .....meow!!!!!

I'd have to agree.  Its just a duel. It's not like it will negatively affect you irl… Be a man and stick to your word when you told @Ducky_shot that you will fight him.

[WOLF8]
Members
39 posts
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

There you go Ducky.

I guess it doesn't matter who you beat or who beats you if you think one match is going to decide if a ship type is OP. :Smile_facepalm:

If it is any consolation you lose it won't mean anything to me!

1x1 doesn't mean only one match. You can do 3 or 5 or any number.

[USCC2]
Members
6,202 posts
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

So I have laid out several reasons in both threads why I believe that DD's are OP and why the asked for gun bloom buffs would be way to powerful for them.

Why aren't they OP?

I haven't even discussed gun blooms with you lol.

However, on why DDs I do not believe DDs are OP in this game:

1. On the evidence provided by stats available to all, on average DDs are the worst surviving ship type.

2. On average DDs are the worst at providing damage.

3. DDs are similar with EXP.

You say they are OP and provided specific scenarios, I have provided the stats for thousands of players over many years.

Who is right Ducky? Have you proven DDs are OP. I don't believe so.