You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dbw86

I was Penalized for something beyond my control!

51 comments in this topic

[BTLST]
Members
663 posts
10,438 battles

I have long had a major issue with the ability to contact the game people with a issue.   Your issue MUST fit into their categories and I rarely seem to be able to fit them in and spend upwards of 30 minutes to an hour before becoming frustrated an quit even trying.      I suspect I'm not the only person with this issue.

Today I had clicked to enter Twilight when I was advised by workers doing a major renovation at our home they had run into a problem and had to turn off the home's electrical power ASAP!   I immediately click to leave the game waiting for the game to start que and it then asked if I wanted to leave the game and I clicked yes.   I then shut down both my computers with my other computer being caught when they pulled the power to the house while shutting down.    Then this evening when I turned out for Clan Battle I get a Notice I'm Pink and a Team Killer for 4 games.  Certainly not the 1st time, and usually I was guilty and take them without a word.   BUT this was beyond my control and yet I can't even explain it via their "locked in complaint" categories?    This was absolutely something I had not control over and I feel is 100% unjustified!      But I'm sure my complaint will fall on deaf ears but it infuriates me a great deal as I try to go by the rules and always have my entire life.    This is just flat out wrong, indefensible, and disgraceful on the part of WoWs!

Respectfully submitted!

• Funny 9
  • Boring 9

[STURM]
Members
721 posts
5,924 battles

It's just pink.

Accept that WG have no clue if your power was shut off or you got salty and turned off your computer.

Accept that pink makes a slap on the wrist look like an actual punishment.

Accept that crap happens and move on.

Edited by Muninn77
  • Cool 5

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
3 minutes ago, Muninn77 said:

It's just pink.

Accept that WG have no clue if your power was shut off or you got salty and turned off your computer.

Accept that pink makes a slap on the wrist look like an actual punishment.

Accept that crap happens and move on.

This^^^

The first offense is 2 games pink and there is no penalty associated with being pink.

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,209 battles
6 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

Today I had clicked to enter Twilight when I was advised by workers doing a major renovation at our home they had run into a problem and had to turn off the home's electrical power ASAP!   I immediately click to leave the game waiting for the game to start que and it then asked if I wanted to leave the game and I clicked yes.   I then shut down both my computers with my other computer being caught when they pulled the power to the house while shutting down.    Then this evening when I turned out for Clan Battle I get a Notice I'm Pink and a Team Killer for 4 games.  Certainly not the 1st time, and usually I was guilty and take them without a word.   BUT this was beyond my control and yet I can't even explain it via their "locked in complaint" categories?    This was absolutely something I had not control over and I feel is 100% unjustified!

My power has gone out while playing.  Got pinked.

My internet burped while playing.  Got pinked.

I had a PC issue that caused it to lock up while playing.  Got pinked a couple of times.

Real life jumped up and grabbed me while playing.  Got pinked.

Not once after any of these incidents did I get upset about getting pinked.  They were uncommon circumstances.  I played my pink games until I wore it off, and life went blissfully on.

[SEMFI]
[SEMFI]
Members
91 posts
4 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

My power has gone out while playing.  Got pinked.

My internet burped while playing.  Got pinked.

I had a PC issue that caused it to lock up while playing.  Got pinked a couple of times.

Real life jumped up and grabbed me while playing.  Got pinked.

Not once after any of these incidents did I get upset about getting pinked.  They were uncommon circumstances.  I played my pink games until I wore it off, and life went blissfully on.

OP This^^^is life DUDE. stop being  a Snow-Flake and deal.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

Members
1,660 posts

@dbw86

I am confused.  What is the penalty?

Hope the renovations turn out well and that no one was hurt.  It can be such a pain trying to play while people work around you.  Glad you were able to make it back for clan wars!  Did your clan do well?

Let us know how you were penalized and maybe we can help!

Keep your powder dry Captain.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,152 posts
14,738 battles
4 minutes ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

@dbw86

I am confused.  What is the penalty?

Hope the renovations turn out well and that no one was hurt.  It can be such a pain trying to play while people work around you.  Glad you were able to make it back for clan wars!  Did your clan do well?

Let us know how you were penalized and maybe we can help!

Keep your powder dry Captain.

That if you keep have this problem you will eventually be banned to co-op for awhile.

@dbw86 The system cannot tell if you had the problem you said you had or if you had just pulled the plug because you didn't like what you saw when you loaded in, it is no fault.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,257 posts
21,677 battles

Workers at house....

Doing electrical work.....

I think I'll boot up my $3000.00 computer and play WOWS....

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,831 posts
4,733 battles
39 minutes ago, dbw86 said:

Your issue MUST fit into their categories

Nonsense!  Most of my tickets don't, so I just choose one close and proceed.  

Have you seriously not filed a ticket because you couldn't find the right category?

Now, that said, give it up.  Support won't interfere with the automated system.  In fact, they can't.  It would have to escalate to the devs in Russia.

• Boring 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

No one cares. Being pink isn't a real punishment, there is no consequence so I don't understand the point in crying about it. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,440 posts
19,183 battles
1 hour ago, dbw86 said:

Notice I'm Pink and a Team Killer for 4 games

According to the automatic system, you did it more then once in order to get 4 games...
I TKed a pumpkin and I got only 2 games...

Anyone goes AFK or cant long on to the server, its 2 games pink (unless if you tried then the server cancels the pink warning).

Now 4 game pink.... That is no innocent intent there... IMO, if their working on the electrical grid in my complex, no way I am starting up a game... Let alone doing it two times and twice getting pinked (2 afks =4 games pink)...

Therefor, based on the evidence of negligence noted above by the OP on being insisting on playing a game in hazardous conditions... I hereby find the defendant, WOWS automatic AFK system...

Not liable.... Without Prejudice 

giphy.gif

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,994 battles
1 hour ago, dbw86 said:

This is just flat out wrong, indefensible, and disgraceful on the part of WoWs!

If this is the worst thing that happens to you TODAY, you're one of the luckiest guys I know; go buy a lottery ticket.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,994 battles
22 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

its 2 dames pink

Which 2 dames are they?

Members
1,660 posts
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

That if you keep have this problem you will eventually be banned to co-op for awhile.

@dbw86 The system cannot tell if you had the problem you said you had or if you had just pulled the plug because you didn't like what you saw when you loaded in, it is no fault.

Ahhhhhh, from the thread title I thought he had already been penalized.  I didn't realize this was about a potential, sometime in the future, maybe penalty.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,152 posts
14,738 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Ahhhhhh, from the thread title I thought he had already been penalized.  I didn't realize this was about a potential, sometime in the future, maybe penalty.

There are a lot of people that do not understand how the TK/AFK system works, even people with thousands of matches, the OP is apparently one of them.

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,350 battles

Yeah I've got bigger issues. Like keeping myself from getting too worked up over what way Disney and co. will screw over Star Wars this time.

• Cool 1

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
3 hours ago, dbw86 said:

I have long had a major issue with the ability to contact the game people with a issue.   Your issue MUST fit into their categories and I rarely seem to be able to fit them in and spend upwards of 30 minutes to an hour before becoming frustrated an quit even trying.      I suspect I'm not the only person with this issue.

Today I had clicked to enter Twilight when I was advised by workers doing a major renovation at our home they had run into a problem and had to turn off the home's electrical power ASAP!   I immediately click to leave the game waiting for the game to start que and it then asked if I wanted to leave the game and I clicked yes.   I then shut down both my computers with my other computer being caught when they pulled the power to the house while shutting down.    Then this evening when I turned out for Clan Battle I get a Notice I'm Pink and a Team Killer for 4 games.  Certainly not the 1st time, and usually I was guilty and take them without a word.   BUT this was beyond my control and yet I can't even explain it via their "locked in complaint" categories?    This was absolutely something I had not control over and I feel is 100% unjustified!      But I'm sure my complaint will fall on deaf ears but it infuriates me a great deal as I try to go by the rules and always have my entire life.    This is just flat out wrong, indefensible, and disgraceful on the part of WoWs!

Respectfully submitted!

3 hours ago, Muninn77 said:

Exactly that, we don't have a way to distinguish that, and making some exceptions or distinguishing (hard exit/soft exit) will welcome the possibility of abuse, which isn't great for an online game.
Also, you can enter Clan Battles when being pink, since it's your team's choice to take you into the game, which is different from random.

• Cool 2