You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
American_Ace_96

CV consumable

Yes or no  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • What's a turn signal?

8 comments in this topic

Members
110 posts

Alright, players, I'm going to make this brief, because I can't tell who gets more hate; Radar cruisers or CVs.

With AA being a pain among the higher tier gameplay, I would like to suggest a consumable that works as a way to mitigate damage taken while in transit. I call it "Evasive maneuvers." About as original as a turn signal, but both names describe what each respective does and are seldom used. In short, this consumable has unlimited charges but can only be used once per flight. For example, if you take off with fighters and use it to avoid strong aa (from a single destroyer that popped out of nowhere as an example), you can't use it again until you launch a new flight. If you were to use fighters, then torpedo bombers, then dive bombers, you would have a single charge for each. Now, this isn't supposed to be a get out aa free card. It is supposed to mitigate damage from aa and fighters while searching for a target and provide the option of a shorter route for strategic reasons (resetting cap, kill stealing, destroyer spotting). Similar to how you can't fire guns AND torps with the same click of a mouse, you would not be able to use it during an attack run. It would remain shadowed/faded until the attack run is complete if it had not been used by then.

• Cool 1

[RBMK2]
Members
4,488 posts
20,684 battles

I'm pretty sure CVs are the most hated by far 

I can position, counter maneuver and overcome a radar cruiser

Airplanes attacks no not really 

Edited by NoLoveForPhatShips
  • Cool 1

[LOIN]
Supertester
835 posts

I voted what's a turn signal just for sarcasm.

Currently the system for the planes is fine for now. While CVs are not perfect, they do need improvements, but hey what game is perfect and what feature in any game is. There will always be hate for anything, that's just the nature of humanity 

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

CVs are the most hated.. hands down.  Radar is easily avoided/mitigated where planes are unavoidable most of the time. 

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,141 battles

You are controlling the planes use the grey matter between your ears to fly evasively all you care to.

Here is a hint! The enemy targets are directly across the map from your teams spawn area. Fly there you will find a target.

[TF16B]
Modder
664 posts
815 battles

Upon reading the title, I thought this thread would suggest a consumable that summons a CV to the match :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 1

[KSC]
Members
785 posts
10,903 battles
1 hour ago, American_Ace_96 said:

Alright, players, I'm going to make this brief, because I can't tell who gets more hate; Radar cruisers or CVs.

With AA being a pain among the higher tier gameplay, I would like to suggest a consumable that works as a way to mitigate damage taken while in transit. I call it "Evasive maneuvers." About as original as a turn signal, but both names describe what each respective does and are seldom used. In short, this consumable has unlimited charges but can only be used once per flight. For example, if you take off with fighters and use it to avoid strong aa (from a single destroyer that popped out of nowhere as an example), you can't use it again until you launch a new flight. If you were to use fighters, then torpedo bombers, then dive bombers, you would have a single charge for each. Now, this isn't supposed to be a get out aa free card. It is supposed to mitigate damage from aa and fighters while searching for a target and provide the option of a shorter route for strategic reasons (resetting cap, kill stealing, destroyer spotting). Similar to how you can't fire guns AND torps with the same click of a mouse, you would not be able to use it during an attack run. It would remain shadowed/faded until the attack run is complete if it had not been used by then.

AA is currently tuned to allow consistant strikes against solo targets, single strikes against partnered targets, and unlikely strikes against grouped targets.  This has been deliberately done as a balance/counterplay design step so that no ship is immune, but players can mitigate plane damage.

All you do by having a short duration buff that lessens AA is to make AA temporary worse in a way that is out of the surface ship players' control.  Players need consistency to feel like their actions matter and are impactful.

[SOV]
Members
4,638 posts
On 11/6/2019 at 4:17 PM, American_Ace_96 said:

CV players have been called the most disgusting things for almost a year now. So yea CV players.