Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RevTKS

200 and leaving your team

22 comments in this topic

Members
760 posts
15,993 battles

Those of you who leave your team in Twilight for that clockwise 200; you're screwing your team every time.

Kill the four spawn targets, THEN go get the 200. It will be there...and you have to go that way anyway.

And if someone 'steals' it...kill them with your whole team. 

That YOLO everytime is costing your team.

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,405 battles

Call truce and clockwise :Smile_hiding:

Members
608 posts
7,474 battles
10 minutes ago, pikohan said:

This exactly, then everyone benefits with decent results.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

Nah I find it better to grab a DD, kill the first NPC DD, kill the next cruiser spawn, speed boost to the enemy 200, steal it, then kill 2 more cruisers by the portal and exit with a full 500 in under 4 minutes, portal timer allowing of course. :Smile_izmena:

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,405 battles
3 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Nah I find it better to grab a DD, kill the first NPC DD, kill the next cruiser spawn, speed boost to the enemy 200, steal it, then kill 2 more cruisers by the portal and exit with a full 500 in under 4 minutes, portal timer allowing of course. :Smile_izmena:

This is also a good strat as long as the portal opens early. 

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

Well if the portal lasts longer I leave all the filth for my team and go and kill the enemy team with the weakest ship composition so my team can *probably* make it to the portal with at least a few hundred filth...what is it with BB players all calling truce then leaving with 68 filth in their hold....what a waste of time, if you are going to be hippies about the game mode at least go kill rasp and leave with a reasonable amount of filth for the 15 minutes it took for you to make it from spawn to the portal. 

[SQUAD]
Members
9,176 posts
11,680 battles
20 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Well if the portal lasts longer I leave all the filth for my team and go and kill the enemy team with the weakest ship composition so my team can *probably* make it to the portal with at least a few hundred filth...what is it with BB players all calling truce then leaving with 68 filth in their hold....what a waste of time, if you are going to be hippies about the game mode at least go kill rasp and leave with a reasonable amount of filth for the 15 minutes it took for you to make it from spawn to the portal. 

This. I've had over 80% of my team's filth every single Twilight round I've played, and that's just absurd, when I can only carry 500 of it.

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,200 battles
2 hours ago, RevTKS said:

Those of you who leave your team in Twilight for that clockwise 200; you're screwing your team every time.

No they are executing a valid strategy. Get the load and get out. You too can do the same. If you chose not to that's on you.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
2 hours ago, RevTKS said:

Kill the four spawn targets, THEN go get the 200. It will be there...and you have to go that way anyway.

Da fuq you talking about, send the BB that way and he can help kill all 4 of the spawn targets well before he gets there.

[WOLF9]
Members
911 posts
20,918 battles
2 hours ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Well, as a counter argument.  I play a BB and with my (lack of) speed and agility compared to the other classes, I find it better for me to kill a spawn (if possible) and then move on to the next spawn point, leaving the filth for my teammates to gather.  Why let that filth rot while I try to make a turn when they can get to it so much faster?  If we have killed our spawns and got the 200 and we decide to go for Ras, we do.  If we decide to leave, we do that too.  I still get credit for their filth.  I see this as a viable strategy and not a waste of time.  If we are going for Ras, we need to save as much timed as possible for our escape.

• Cool 1

Members
760 posts
15,993 battles

Those four spawns have 450 filth.

If you leave two people there to fight; you better leave the right two...most teams don't.

The two die or get hammered. And then the whole group limps out or dies.

Members
760 posts
15,993 battles

What the 'strat' is really, is a way to keep from getting your paint scratched and making your team do the work.

That's it.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles
On 11/6/2019 at 5:40 PM, kyesac said:

Well, as a counter argument.  I play a BB and with my (lack of) speed and agility compared to the other classes, I find it better for me to kill a spawn (if possible) and then move on to the next spawn point, leaving the filth for my teammates to gather.  Why let that filth rot while I try to make a turn when they can get to it so much faster?  If we have killed our spawns and got the 200 and we decide to go for Ras, we do.  If we decide to leave, we do that too.  I still get credit for their filth.  I see this as a viable strategy and not a waste of time.  If we are going for Ras, we need to save as much timed as possible for our escape.

Im not going to say I don't get what you are saying I realize the BBs are slow and far more difficult to position, BUT honestly, with proper pathing in that BB from the start, you wouldn't have those issues. With the exception of the first spawn, and the croc spawn, you should easily be able to be within 1KM of the spawn points of each of the next 3 in plenty of time if you simply path properly to each target, I have no issues being nearly on top of the first cruiser spawn killing it, and then being at the second cruiser spawn point in plenty of time when I roll my BB.   

This obviously requires you to know the map, know to a pretty good degree where each enemy spawns and understand what makes the spawn facing a certain direction, and be able to accurately shoot and kill the enemy in a volley or two , which most players I encounter are not able to do, they typically just go in some illogical path, then die to torps from cruisers because they target the BBS first for some reason while staying as broadside as possible to the croc spawn so they can take as much damage as possible when it spawns since they can't kill a bot in any reasonable amount of time, then just ignore the filth and exit the portal with under 100 collected.  I find that if I pick off a few players around the portal on my way out, they at least tend to roll through those points and leave with around 400, espeicaly picking off an enemy DD or CA, which tend to be the generally hostile, non-trucey type players. (why you want to go and get aggressive in your CA or even bring one into twilight is beyond me but it's a trend I certainly have experienced)

Everything's fluid, if I notice I have a BB that actually knows where things spawn, is pre-rotating their guns, and can actually hit something...well I might certainly make and effort to get them as full as possible but I tend to find that those types of players, don't really Require effort, they just understand the natural flow of the map and fill up as the game progresses. I find it pretty easy to tell when I have a competent team mate based on their pathing and if they are able to get shots on a target before I torp it.  

To each their own really my experience in this game mode is not going to match everyone elses, I find that the DDs are the fastest, most survivable, and most capable of defending themselves in this game mode, that is not going to be the case for everyone, many would much prefer the BB... you do you. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,653 posts
11,694 battles

If my team has a cruiser/BB or BB/BB combination, I take my Steel Lancet counter-clockwise and steal the 200 filth to the right.    While heading to the right, I'm still close enough to get torps and guns on the first two sets of bots.    By the time the cruser/BB bots spawn, I'm already sucking down the 200.

I engage the speed boost, and back with my team to torp the crocosaur spawn.

An extra 200 filth.   I'll take it.

Members
1,633 posts
1,286 battles

The whole "clockwise" thing makes no sense to me. Rasputin always spawns in the north. If my team spawns in the southeast, I'm not taking the longest route possible to get there.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,322 battles
17 hours ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Why do people keep using the term hippie to describe cooperation? Do they think that cooperation only occurs among hippies?

[SALVO]
Members
2,518 posts
6,693 battles

17 hours ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Truce doesn't have to end up with that little filth  The last 3 truce games we have been getting out with over 2k filth. 

18 hours ago, RevTKS said:

41 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

The whole "clockwise" thing makes no sense to me. Rasputin always spawns in the north. If my team spawns in the southeast, I'm not taking the longest route possible to get there.

Mind that I do have the advantage of always going in with a full SALVO division ( We are recruiting) . We run a flexible truce, Clockwise strat on all spawn points.     You basically get almost 700 filth for it as you kill 2 BBS who each give 200 and then there is the 200 that is already sitting there .      THEN comes the decision point.  Now Tailor you are right going for Rasputin does not work for the South east spawn which is where the Flexible part comes in. At the beginning of the match if we spawn at any point but South east we will go for truce and then Rasputin.    However If we spawn south east  we do not answer the  call for truce and just remain silent. Instead collect the 700 from the Clockwise strat.  Then we  go to middle and asses .  Either Rasputin came close enough to go help with him or more likely we pirate 1-2 ships that are coming to the portal with full holds.  Then we jump out with 1600+ filth . 

Again most of this relies on having a full division on voice comms that can react quickly. 

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

Why do people keep using the term hippie to describe cooperation? Do they think that cooperation only occurs among hippies?

You are misinterpreting the meaning.

I use the term hippie as you are in a situation that is designed to be a conflict, yet you choose to not respond to that conflict and instead attempt to pacify those around you ergo: A hippie 

• Funny 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,322 battles
5 hours ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

You are misinterpreting the meaning.

I use the term hippie as you are in a situation that is designed to be a conflict, yet you choose to not respond to that conflict and instead attempt to pacify those around you ergo: A hippie 

lolololol. The game design contains only the potential for conflict among players. Like virtually all moderately sentient creatures, we seek to reduce conflict and increase cooperation, since that is more efficient, ergo: thinking person.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles
17 hours ago, Taichunger said:

lolololol. The game design contains only the potential for conflict among players.[Doesn't that mean it only contains the potential for co-operation as well] Like virtually all moderately sentient creatures, we seek to reduce conflict and increase cooperation, since that is more efficient, ergo: thinking person.

BBs singing kumbaiya* and leaving with ~200 filth a run is NOT efficient.  You can detach my comments from the thread as a whole all you want and talk about ideal circumstances until you're blue in the face but I'm talking about what I encounter in the game the majority of missions I run. 

Calling Truce more often leads to ambush and death OR mostly empty filth holds, than it ends in a cooperative Rasputin kill with max filth extraction. If that was not the case we wouldn't have such an abundance of "omg stop shooting in twilight" threads. You can keep making plans based around the ideal situation all you want, I don't waste my time with that kind of mentality anymore, if I can support that kind of false logic without it being a detriment to my team, then I am more than happy to do so. Operating on the assumption that it is going to happen is fallacy that only people who *think* they are smart make.  

Personally I find the way I defined a hippie much more relevant to today's actionable use of the term, than it's original description of a lifestyle from the 60's and far more accurate, than trying to use terms like *potential* to describe a 3v3v3vPvE. Random battles only contain the *potential* for conflict by your loose definition as well, we could just as easily call a truce in any game mode and leave with rather similar rewards if we just took turns alternating taking cap points 3 people at a time as opposed to shooting and sinking each other. :cap_popcorn:

[CVLUL]
WoWS Community Contributors
3,460 posts
13,610 battles
On 11/6/2019 at 3:19 PM, pikohan said:

What, drawn and talk of peace!  I hate the word, as I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee.  Have at thee coward! 

Sign in to follow this