You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

Massive amount of sad

147 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,356 battles

I have a decent amount of good players in my clan. As the leader I get to hear a lot of the complaints. I have had more then 50% of my unicum players tell me they have had mass losing streaks due to the very poor choices of their teams. 

It is so bad that most of us will not play without a 3 man div, even then you cant really carry as fast as your team dies. Just an observation, WG is hard pressing the recruitment game. Why? I would guess that they are bleeding people. I can say also most of the players I look at their stats. They are less then 1k games, 25k ave dmg and a sub 40% win. Either mm has moved all of the good players to controlled match making. Or most of the better players or at least good players 50% or better are not playing anymore. Only in CB's or KOTS. Perhaps WG mite look at fixing the massive sadness that is the current meta. Smole, cv, kleber, broken aa, kermin, op purchase ships. You are ruining the game.  Just look at the number of threads that all basically say the same thing.  We are tired of being crushed by 2 and 3 cv's under t7, being burned to death from a smoke boat, being burned to death by a dd that you cant hit, being rocketed to death by a cv. all 3 have no real counter in a tech tree ship. 

It is very sad that we are watching a very good game be ruined by greed. And stupid op boats. The smole is a wooster/mino/dd killer. The only thing the smole doesnt have is radar. If WG wants to have a game in 6 months. Slow the roll out of subs, fix aa, limit cv's to 1 a game, break the nerf bat off in the somle and kleber. Make the kremin killable. 

• Cool 14
  • Confused 5
  • Boring 20

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

This is so true.   

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,061 posts
17,115 battles

Wonder how they get on the bad team so often. Or maybe the other team is also bad so if they were on that team they would still lose.

• Boring 4

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,396 battles

Eh, I agree and disagree... on one hand I concur it's bad. On the other hand, git gud enough to carry solo, because there's definitely people who can (not me for sure).

I maintain that this isn't really any fault of the MM in the game, but the fact that it's a difficult game with a high skill floor in the first place. The players who understand how to improve have gotten very good and the masses who don't understand how to improve have been left far behind. There will always be people in the middle who are improving, but there are fewer and fewer people crossing the gap because the gap has gotten harder to cross. It was easier to get good at the game at the start when everyone was bad; it's much more difficult when you have three-man divs of above average to unicum players roaming around, and this feeds back on itself. 

Nothing WG has done lately has narrowed the skill gap either; I think they "try" to do that with some of the dumb ships they release, but anything that buffs a crappy player inevitably buffs a superunicum too.

All in all I think the skill gap is just a fundamental attribute of a high-skill floor game, but I definitely think WG hasn't helped and maybe even accelerated the process.

Edited by pikohan
  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles

They aren't bleeding people, number of people playing WoWs is slowly increasing.

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

I have a hard time seeing the validity of the argument here when there's always a 50/50 chance to be on the "good" team or the "bad" team.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

I have a hard time seeing the validity of the argument here when there's always a 50/50 chance to be on the "good" team or the "bad" team.

The OP doesn't have anything good to say about the game.  Their avatar image shows you their general outlook on life.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4
  • Boring 2

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,217 battles

premium matchmaking is only $500 a month definitely worth in my opinion

• Funny 3

Members
1,072 posts
Just now, Gasboy said:

The OP doesn't have anything good to say about the game.  Their avatar image shows you their general outlook on life.

Yeah, this is just thinly-disguised MM whine #20003 for him.

He hasn't posted about CVs for a day or two.  He's slipping.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,217 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

Their avatar image shows you their general outlook on life.

thats a picture of a hat with the word hate on it? your name is gas boy, does this mean your outlook on life is gas? do you drink gas? Tell me my outlook on life based on my game avatar and name please

Edited by Benched_ferlyfe
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
2 minutes ago, Benched_ferlyfe said:

thats a picture of a hat with the word hate on it? your name is gas boy, does this mean your outlook on life is gas? do you drink gas? Tell me my outlook on life based on my game avatar and name please

The OP posts nothing but complaint.  So the opposite of liking something is...?

• Boring 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,803 posts
16,941 battles

It's trends. Lately for me personally been trending more into lolistomp matches.... on the wrong side. I'm average so unfortunately doing the team a disservice by not being able to carry much if any. 

It does reinforce the urgency to adhere to what I call "circuit breakers" or maybe stop gap might be a better term.  If three losses in a row, swap to bot boats in Coop, do a operation, do some training room stuff, sit in port and shoot the breeze, come to the forums (ha) or go see what is on Netflix.

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,356 battles
4 minutes ago, agm114r said:

I was not saying anything about mm, i was talking about how bad the teams have been of late. 

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,217 battles
1 minute ago, Gasboy said:

this is a forum, kind of a controlled area for complaints and general feedback, i understand you seem a little dim but if someone wants to post something or have a picture of the word hate that generally speaking does not base there entire life outlook on that.

• Funny 2
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

It does reinforce the urgency to adhere to what I call "circuit breakers" or maybe stop gap might be a better term.  If three losses in a row, swap to bot boats in Coop, do a operation, do some training room stuff, sit in port and shoot the breeze, come to the forums (ha) or go see what is on Netflix.

Pretty much.  Switch up to a different ship type, or game mode.

• Cool 1

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,356 battles
4 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

My hat is about the name of my clan HATE is our tag. Misanthrope is the clan. Misanthrope means the general hatred and distrust of the human species. I was not just complaining . I was highlighting a very large concern of the player base. As this is a place for feedback. I have written nice things about this game as well. I just don't get credit for those. 

• Boring 3

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
Just now, MEANN said:

My hat is about the name of my clan HATE is our tag. Misanthrope is the clan. Misanthrope means the general hatred and distrust of the human species. I was not just complaining . I was highlighting a very large concern of the player base. As this is a place for feedback. I have written nice things about this game as well. I just don't get credit for those. 

This is the general forum. :P  Feedback comes with lots of salt, sadly. :P

You were highlighting a concern for some of your players.  The general player base does't give a crap, and never registers at a forum or subreddit to interact with the community.

And I'm not knocking you or your players, I get the concern.  But as long as you aren't keeping track of the games you think are poor, you've only got anecdotal evidence.  You'd have a lot more weight with your complaint if you could say, "Here's the results of hundreds of games my clan and I have played.  Here's results with divisions, and without."  And so on.  Do the science first.  Then complain.  Else is just comes off like everyone else's whine.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,144 posts
14,735 battles
14 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

13 minutes ago, agm114r said:

Don't forget the overpowered ships whine.

• Cool 1

Members
174 posts
566 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

I have a decent amount of good players in my clan. As the leader I get to hear a lot of the complaints. I have had more then 50% of my unicum players tell me they have had mass losing streaks due to the very poor choices of their teams. 

It is so bad that most of us will not play without a 3 man div, even then you cant really carry as fast as your team dies. Just an observation, WG is hard pressing the recruitment game. Why? I would guess that they are bleeding people. I can say also most of the players I look at their stats. They are less then 1k games, 25k ave dmg and a sub 40% win. Either mm has moved all of the good players to controlled match making. Or most of the better players or at least good players 50% or better are not playing anymore. Only in CB's or KOTS. Perhaps WG mite look at fixing the massive sadness that is the current meta. Smole, cv, kleber, broken aa, kermin, op purchase ships. You are ruining the game.  Just look at the number of threads that all basically say the same thing.  We are tired of being crushed by 2 and 3 cv's under t7, being burned to death from a smoke boat, being burned to death by a dd that you cant hit, being rocketed to death by a cv. all 3 have no real counter in a tech tree ship. 

It is very sad that we are watching a very good game be ruined by greed. And stupid op boats. The smole is a wooster/mino/dd killer. The only thing the smole doesnt have is radar. If WG wants to have a game in 6 months. Slow the roll out of subs, fix aa, limit cv's to 1 a game, break the nerf bat off in the somle and kleber. Make the kremin killable. 

You don’t have any unicums in your clan...

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
5 minutes ago, Benched_ferlyfe said:

this is a forum, kind of a controlled area for complaints and general feedback, i understand you seem a little dim but if someone wants to post something or have a picture of the word hate that generally speaking does not base there entire life outlook on that.

Yeah, I know what a forum is.

He is in a clan named HATE and has a hat with the word as their avatar.  Generally people's avatars mean something to them.  So while their entire lives aren't based around it, there certainly was some influence on them to do so, yes?

• Cool 1

Members
22 posts
5,686 battles
2 minutes ago, Warbeasty_Lives said:

You don’t have any unicums in your clan...

did you even bother looking up his clan?

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,356 battles
2 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

This is the general forum. :P  Feedback comes with lots of salt, sadly. :P

You were highlighting a concern for some of your players.  The general player base does't give a crap, and never registers at a forum or subreddit to interact with the community.

And I'm not knocking you or your players, I get the concern.  But as long as you aren't keeping track of the games you think are poor, you've only got anecdotal evidence.  You'd have a lot more weight with your complaint if you could say, "Here's the results of hundreds of games my clan and I have played.  Here's results with divisions, and without."  And so on.  Do the science first.  Then complain.  Else is just comes off like everyone else's whine.

As I dont really have the ability to drill down that type of data other than to go to each of the 40 members of HATE and go to na wows and numbers and look up each of their stats over the last 100 games and did an average. but it would not give me the previous 100 data. WG has this kind of data. But if you play this game long enough, my clan ave is 7700, you get a feel for how the games are going. This morning, one of my unicum players ill post his trend. so extrapolate what you will. 

image.thumb.png.52691bf618fd2f9b3c4770e219b1b321.png

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
22 minutes ago, Gasboy said:

They aren't bleeding people, number of people playing WoWs is slowly increasing.

Except it isn't. NA is only barely growing, but when the other servers are taken into account we're merely stagnant while EU, RU, and SEA are declining at a steady rate-- the net change is that the entire game is in decline because the growth NA experiences is not enough to offset the decline on the other 3. Someone even graphed this out recently.

152531596_PopTrendWoWs2.thumb.png.e66ac0

• Cool 2

Members
174 posts
566 battles
Just now, MEANN said:

As I dont really have the ability to drill down that type of data other than to go to each of the 40 members of HATE and go to na wows and numbers and look up each of their stats over the last 100 games and did an average. but it would not give me the previous 100 data. WG has this kind of data. But if you play this game long enough, my clan ave is 7700, you get a feel for how the games are going. This morning, one of my unicum players ill post his trend. so extrapolate what you will. 

image.thumb.png.52691bf618fd2f9b3c4770e219b1b321.png

Those aren’t Unicum stats.... that’s dark blue... please learn what being unicum means before you use it willy nilly

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[RKLES]
Members
964 posts

Unicums having losing streak in a 3 man division, you can question how unicum these players really are.

3 man division is OP and needs to be removed unless being paired up against another 3 man division of equal strength.(if this cannot be reliably determined remove 3 man divisions)

There I have said it again.

• Cool 2