You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ryuu_kun

Reinforcements have arrived!

43 comments in this topic

Developers
79 posts
182 battles

Greetings everybody!

I'm Ryuu (really love my nickname, don't need a name :P), mainly i am managing WoWs community on Steam, some of you may remember me there, but will be helping @Umbaretz and @Bualar on NA too.

I'm actually really not a fan of online or PvP games, but WoWs is a heartwarming exception — maybe because it's the only game where i managed to git relatively gud due to slower pace, not requiring insane aiming skills and reasonable balance between realism and arcade (i would hate not having 3rd person camera). I play WoWs since CBT and really enjoy ranked and clan battles, specializing in stealth and hybrid destroyers. 

My userpic is Winged Doom because i love old internet memes :P also i'm a geek, nerd and weeb — well, your typical average playerbase ;)

Love and Peace! (^_^)V

• Cool 18
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles

Welcome, 

Now lets throw you in the deep end,

When are some of the issues that are constantly being raised in the forums going to be addressed, it is one thing for the player base to discuss certain topics, with pros and cons on either side, but there is never an answer by WG in the forums giving some indication of what they might be looking at in the future regarding said topics.

It is somewhat lacking on WG's behalf.

• Cool 2

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
Just now, CriMiNaL__ said:

that are constantly being raised in the forums going to be addressed

For example?

• Boring 2

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles
6 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

For example?

This one as a starter

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,748 posts
14,457 battles
1 minute ago, Umbaretz said:

I answered in that topic.

Its nice that you did as its rare to hear from wg about anything in the genral discussion part of the forums.

My initial question is more about the back and forth about the smolensk, he, fire spam, cv, subs, things in general that spark a large debate

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[O_O]
Members
6,763 posts
16,168 battles
13 minutes ago, Umbaretz said:

I answered in that topic.

8v00UhG.jpg

• Funny 2

Developers
428 posts
63 battles
21 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

My initial question is more about the back and forth about the smolensk, he, fire spam, cv, subs, things in general that spark a large debate

Those topics have been covered, questions have been answered, and, honestly, when the questions are repeated - the answer will also stay the same, and won't bring anything valuable to the discussion.
Subs are still in deep beta, btw.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 hour ago, Ryuu_kun said:

I'm actually really not a fan of online or PvP games,

Nor am I; out of curiosity are there/is there any push, at all, for more PvE Content or *gasp* even Single Player? Keep in mind Borderlands, which is essentially only Single Player and CoOp, is making buckets and a 12 mission single Player Campaign for ~$40-$50 would sell like hotcakes here; especially since for you guys, most of the hardest work (mapping and coding the models, engine already in place, ect) has been done, and mainly scripts, VO work, and some minor modifications to existing maps would be required. Even $5 one off SP missions like a Jutland Mission or Doggerbank mission would be a HUGE boon to potential content and please a segment of the audience that not only doesn't get served her, but exists, clearly, in the wider gaming market.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 2
  • Confused 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
23 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

PvE Content or *gasp* even Single Player?

A single player campaign could be cool.

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
1 minute ago, jager_geist said:

A single player campaign could be cool.

Yes. Yes it would. And if they gave me a dev-set or mod tools, I could have a non-voiced one done in a few months, and an actually skilled modder likely a few weeks. All that hard stuff for wargaming has been done: they have the engine. They have the ship models (easily the most time consuming part). They have the pathfinding and AI system (tweaks needed? Sure. But tweaks, not a brand new system) and I will say the NEW pathfinder in game is pretty well improved. They already have a system for registering completion of objectives (go here, kill this, these survive, complete in x time/time left, ect). Even 90% of the writing is done; these are historical events so you have a VERY good framework of how the mission will play out. They need the following:

1) Script for events (both literally and software wise)

2) VO work (basic mission briefings and call outs for new objectives (VO Scale in most countries is ~$900 PER JOB for context; +-$150 pending on the place/union; they don't need Nolan North either so they can find some scale-cost VOA).

3) Some map modifications/new maps.

• Cool 2

Developers
79 posts
182 battles

Feel free to point me at threads or posts where the real help is needed: such as clarification, checking, etc :)

I'm not really a developer, they just gave me this status because the color really goes well together with my userpic :cap_win:  But i'm tech-savvy and programmer by education, so may be able with some related technical questions.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,440 posts
20,612 battles
10 minutes ago, Ryuu_kun said:

Feel free to point me at threads or posts where the real help is needed: such as clarification, checking, etc :)

I'm not really a developer, they just gave me this status because the color really goes well together with my userpic :cap_win:  But i'm tech-savvy and programmer by education, so may be able with some related technical questions.

Not clear how to characterize your role and responses -- if you say something is it "a dev on the WoWS team said it", or "a community manager said it" (WG employee one step removed from the actual design team), or more like "a community contributor said it" (independent poster but with some inside knowledge)?

• Confused 1

[WORX]
Members
11,395 posts
19,183 battles
7 hours ago, Ryuu_kun said:

Greetings everybody!

Greeting Conrad... Let us slav dance to your arrival...

7 hours ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

When are some of the issues that are constantly being raised in the forums going to be addressed,

Yikes man, at least buy him dinner and cognac first?0??Something... But nooooooooo.... straight for the kill..