Herp_Derperson

Can't Log In

31 comments in this topic

[PARS1]
Members
6 posts
9,987 battles

For whatever reason my game won't pass the log-in screen. I had been playing a match when I was suddenly kicked back to log-in with no stated reason (this was not new to me). However when I hit "Connect", it displays the anchor-loading icon, but stays like that. At one point I let it sit for over two hours with no results.

I ran the WGCheck and it says it repaired the client, but no results.

I tried connecting on the Public Test server client; same issues.

I've even uninstalled and then reinstalled; still doesn't work.

Is there anybody who might be able to guess what happened?

[WORX]
Members
8,951 posts
17,079 battles
8 minutes ago, Herp_Derperson said:

I assuming the game is eating up over or about %95 of your resources that is preventing the reading of all the files...

And/or the second is your ISP is doing some shenanigans with your connect.

Those are the two issues I can think of off hand.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,289 posts
11,630 battles

Have not played in almost 3 weeks and my game is doing something similar. I launch the game and sometimes it will login and start. When I am in my port and try to select a ship the game goes back to the login screen. I checked game integrity and it went through its paces but still having same issue. 

Community Department
3,282 posts
1,288 battles
3 hours ago, Herp_Derperson said:

For whatever reason my game won't pass the log-in screen. I had been playing a match when I was suddenly kicked back to log-in with no stated reason (this was not new to me). However when I hit "Connect", it displays the anchor-loading icon, but stays like that. At one point I let it sit for over two hours with no results.

I ran the WGCheck and it says it repaired the client, but no results.

I tried connecting on the Public Test server client; same issues.

I've even uninstalled and then reinstalled; still doesn't work.

Is it still actual? 
I would recommend to check these points additionaly before contacting our Support. 

Spoiler
  • delete modifications if you have any (you may also start game in a "Safe mode", check this with the right edge of "Play" button in WGCenter) (This topic may be helpful with this)
  • choose another graphic settings and check the result 
  • close all unnecessary applications before the start of the game

If nothing helps, please contact our Support with all the details, plus attach your WGCheck report (with extended network diagnostics to exclude network issues) for the whole picture.
Thank you for your report. 

[PARS1]
Members
6 posts
9,987 battles
4 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Is it still actual? 
I would recommend to check these points additionaly before contacting our Support. 

Hide contents
  • delete modifications if you have any (you may also start game in a "Safe mode", check this with the right edge of "Play" button in WGCenter) (This topic may be helpful with this)

If nothing helps, please contact our Support with all the details, plus attach your WGCheck report (with extended network diagnostics to exclude network issues) for the whole picture.
Thank you for your report. 

So I have already tried #1 and #3; no dice.

How do I change the graphics settings if I can't even access the actual game? Are we talking display settings for the computer?

Community Department
3,282 posts
1,288 battles
2 hours ago, Herp_Derperson said:

So I have already tried #1 and #3; no dice.

How do I change the graphics settings if I can't even access the actual game? Are we talking display settings for the computer?

On the login screen, upper left corner, there is a menu with standard settings.

3 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

Have not played in almost 3 weeks and my game is doing something similar. I launch the game and sometimes it will login and start. When I am in my port and try to select a ship the game goes back to the login screen. I checked game integrity and it went through its paces but still having same issue. 

I see your activity in the tickets, thank you for this. But still there is no ticket about the technical issue? 
Did you try to solve it with all standard options? 

Spoiler
  • delete modifications if you have any (you may also start game in a "Safe mode", check this with the right edge of "Play" button in WGCenter)
  • "check and repair" client via WGC >> Game Settings (This topic may be helpful with the first two points)  
  • delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder and set everything manually again with the next game launch 

You may submit a ticket with WGCheck report attached. My colleagues will try to investigate the reasons. Perhaps the issue is easy to fix. 

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,289 posts
11,630 battles

Ticket sent with WGCheck report attached. I tried deleting the preferences file and still does the same thing. I think there is something going on with the connection to the server though I have no issues with my internet.

• Cool 1

[PARS1]
Members
6 posts
9,987 battles
2 hours ago, turbo07 said:

On the login screen, upper left corner, there is a meny with standard settings.

Just facepalmed when I finally noticed the gear symbol, haha.

After fiddling with the graphic settings (windowed view, lowest graphic quality, etc.) still experiencing the problem.

Community Department
3,282 posts
1,288 battles
57 minutes ago, Fodder4U said:

Ticket sent with WGCheck report attached. I tried deleting the preferences file and still does the same thing. I think there is something going on with the connection to the server though I have no issues with my internet.

5 minutes ago, Herp_Derperson said:

After fiddling with the graphic settings (windowed view, lowest graphic quality, etc.) still experiencing the problem.

I've found a rare bug which may cause such issue. But still we need more info. So thank you in advance for your help. 
I'll send it to our developers team for the investigation asap. 

Community Department
3,282 posts
1,288 battles
1 hour ago, Herp_Derperson said:

Since you have issues on both servers (incl.PT), I would ask you to create WGCheck report with extended network diagnostics to exclude network issues also.

[FTKY]
Members
3 posts
2,974 battles

I've been having similar issues since yesterday (Tuesday, Nov 5) morning. Everything was working fine on Monday.

• Game Center works fine, launches the game into the initial "Game Loading" screen with the blue status bar which also loads normally.
  • The issue starts when I get to the "Logging In" screen where I just get the spinning widget forever and ever. I end up having to end the process via the task manager.
  • Usually, after three or four attempts I'll make it all the way into the actual game and my port. However, when I try to start a battle I'll get to the team list screen then immediately be booted out to the "Connect / Change Account" screen. If I try to reconnect I end up at the spinning widget again and have to close out with Task Manager.
  • In the rare event where I actually get into a battle, the game works fine right up until the end where instead of getting the battle results screen I get booted to the "Connect" screen and have to start the process all over again.

It seems like the game is having a map transfer issue in the sense that every time it needs to load a different page/screen etc. it craps out. Everything else works fine, it just can't seem to properly load new pages. At first, I thought the issue was a result of me updating my Nvidia driver to the latest version which came out on the 4th but, I have since rolled back the driver to the one I was using on Monday before all of this started and I am still having the same issues. I even tried a full clean install of the game with no improvements.

Report is attached.

WoWS_report.wgc

• Cool 1

[TMWF]
Members
1 post
4,748 battles

I'm also experiencing this same issue and so is my dad.  Our issues started yesterday.  As others have said reboots, reinstall etc, make no difference.  Killing the game restarting it several times appear to be the only workaround.  

[WOLF7]
[WOLF7]
Members
7 posts
3,404 battles

If it just started last week, it may be related to the userMusic Crash a lot of others are having..Try going to WoW/res/userMusic and remove any custom songs in there.

[PARS1]
Members
6 posts
9,987 battles

Okay, so I got fed up and did a full factory reset on my computer, then reinstalled...and it worked!

Except I then exited out, tried to bring the game back on and the problem returned. I'm starting to lose my mind over this. What do I gotta do, buy a new one??!

[PARS1]
Members
6 posts
9,987 battles

Is this a server issue? Because I've managed to actually get into Port twice, but as soon as I hit 'Battle', it kicks me back to the Log-In screen. Both times I've had to restart the computer because it won't log-in afterwards.

Now I've been slammed with penalties for not being in matches I never even loaded in, wth?!

Kinda gettin' disillusioned with this game.

Members
2 posts
On 11/10/2019 at 2:57 PM, Herp_Derperson said:

Now I've been slammed with penalties for not being in matches I never even loaded in, wth?

I am sitting at 12 games as a pink boy for being afk because I never loaded into the battles and can't get back in before the battle ended.  Did this 4  times before I quit trying.   Afraid to even try now.  Not sure if there is some kind of punishment if you have to many games with the disciplinary system.

• Boring 1

[DDAYZ]
[DDAYZ]
Members
5 posts
10,582 battles

Since Monday I have the same "Failure to Login" and Disconnect problem.  AFK'd enough to get an 18 game ban.    We should not suffer bans when we have an active Support ticket for login/connection issues (or AFK bans should not happen when they occur while testing fixes in Co-Op mode).

Support wanted me to go into Safe Mode and run Pingplotter reports to see if it was a network problem. 

That locked me out of my system and I had to do a full factory Windows 10 wipe and reset.  Problems persist thru 0.8.10 update, even without any installed programs and my Webroot Antivirus.   

[WORX]
Members
8,951 posts
17,079 battles
3 hours ago, umythiel said:

I am sitting at 12 games as a pink boy for being afk because I never loaded into the battles and can't get back in before the battle ended.  Did this 4  times before I quit trying. (bad move.)

I'll try to explain,

If you're trying to get into the server and you dont manage to get in and the match ends... Then no pink games are awarded.

At issue, if you try to log into a server but you leave/stop trying before the match ends... Then you're issued pink game warning...

I would recommend to see your resource tab... See if the lack of PC resources while the game is running, is preventing from reading the necessary files to play in the server... 

I also recommend

• Check your drivers for your components
  • ALSO check for all available updates...
    • Sometimes a part stops working at of the blue, then an update file is dispatched to you...

Next time dont leave a battle when you're loading... it will save you from a lot of pink.

[DDAYZ]
[DDAYZ]
Members
5 posts
10,582 battles

"Next time dont leave a battle when you're loading... it will save you from a lot of pink."

Ummm, half the crashes occur when it freezes during Battle Loading phase.   So you are forced out of the battle and forced to End Task and desperately try to reload the app.   

That awards a PINK penalty.

I've ruled out most of the obvious driver/component issues.

Edited by Luviathan
Clarification

[D-H-O]
[D-H-O]
Members
13 posts
4,917 battles

I am also experiencing this same issue.  Started yesterday after installing the latest update.  Rebooted, reinstalled etc, etc.