Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wjp120

Which cruisers can't mount hydro? (T5 and up)

4 comments in this topic

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
13,103 battles

So, I'm curious, what are all the tier 5 and higher cruisers in the game that have no option to mount hydro at all?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,220 posts
23,581 battles

Well pretty much all the Italian cruisers save a few premiums from the looks of it. The only other one I can think of is the Kronstadt. 

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

Not a lot honestly. The upcoming Italian line will be the first one without Hydro access IIRC. In fact currently the ONLY cruisers at or above tier 5 that can't mount it are Stalingrad, Kronshtadt, and Kirov's A hull. That's it.

Now that said the only lines that ALWAYS have Hydro access, as in they don't have the option to swap another consumable for it, are the US and RN light cruisers, plus the Duca twin premiums and Yahagi. Every other cruiser has to give up either DefAA or something else (like TRB in Huanghe's case) to mount it.

[WOLFX]
Members
268 posts
13,103 battles
14 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Well pretty much all the Italian cruisers save a few premiums from the looks of it. The only other one I can think of is the Kronstadt. 

Aha, forgot about the Kronshtadt. For some reason I thought it was one of those that makes you choose between radar and hydro, like the Salem.

Edit: according to wowsft.com, Stalingrad also has no hydro, and doesn't even have the Kron's ability to mount a spotter in place of defAA.

So, that still leaves the new Italians as the only tier 5+ cruisers with no vision consumable that can't be affected by AA fire.

Edited by wjp120

Sign in to follow this