You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LGCaptain

Stop Kill Stealing!

84 comments in this topic

Members
24 posts
328 battles

Everybody please stop stealing each others' kills.  Just a few minutes ago, I was about 2 km from a BB.  I launched a full salvo of torpedoes, that were practically touching the target, and would've all hit.  Then some fool decided he'd rather get the kill, and shelled him to death.  If you see somebody has fought for control over another ship and put effort into a kill, don't steal their reward.  That's enough for my PSA.  Enjoy your evenings.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 13
  • Confused 9
  • Boring 20

[0456]
Members
3,822 posts
10,091 battles
13 minutes ago, LGCaptain said:

Everybody please stop stealing each others' kills.  Just a few minutes ago, I was about 2 km from a BB.  I launched a full salvo of torpedoes, that were practically touching the target, and would've all hit.  Then some fool decided he'd rather get the kill, and shelled him to death.  If you see somebody has fought for control over another ship and put effort into a kill, don't steal their reward.  That's enough for my PSA.  Enjoy your evenings.

Please revisit this thread when you have about 2000 battles and have seen the result of people holding shots on near dead opponents. 

• Cool 14

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,092 posts
14,687 battles
4 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Please revisit this thread when you have about 2000 battles and have seen the result of people holding shots on near dead opponents. 

This, there is no kill stealing in a team game. However there is kill securing.

• Cool 9

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,678 posts
19,806 battles

If I'm shooting at a target, I want it dead. If you can kill it before me, go right ahead, that way I can go over to the next target sooner and we increase our chances of winning.

OP, please be on the red team.

• Cool 13

[WPORT]
Members
6,528 posts
11,535 battles
22 minutes ago, LGCaptain said:

It is called teamwork.
Your teammates are helping you sink opposing ships, before they sink you or a fellow teammate.
Be grateful.  
Do the same for your own teammates when the opportunity presents itself.
Good luck, have fun.  :-)

Edited by Wolfswetpaws
spelling correction
  • Cool 2

[PT]
Members
934 posts
2,936 battles

I spared a Shimakaze the other month as the Cleveland that was shooting at it had done all the damage, the DD was 99% dead but suddenly dropped smoke, dodged the shells, torpedoed the nub Cleveland and escaped, then went on to sink 2 of our BBs costing us the win. 

Never again.. 

• Cool 8

[WKY12]
Members
799 posts
12,900 battles

No such thing as kill stealing. To even think that way is selfish in a team-oriented game.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles

And let the enemy live another 3 seconds and possibly get off one last game-changing salvo? I don't think so.

• Cool 1

[5D]
Members
1,102 posts
14,267 battles

Your name is not written on the enemy ship , there no kill stealing only kill securing ,

• Cool 1

Members
4,295 posts
3,255 battles
59 minutes ago, LGCaptain said:

You can't kill steal because no one owns a kill. It all evens out. 

[FML]
Members
4,078 posts
15,845 battles
1 hour ago, LGCaptain said:

In this game, no one really cares about kill/death ratios. Instead, they care about win rates and damage (possibly more than they should). 

But asking people to not ‘kill secure’ is going to be ineffective- as the replies to this thread have shown. 

Min those curcumstances, I would still fire - if anything to kill the target faster so that it doesn’t get one last salvo off and kill you. One red ship dead and Two green ships alive is much, much better for winning the game than one dead red and one dead green who managed to get the kill...

[ROTTN]
Members
56 posts
14,296 battles

Pope_shizzle said it best a couple of weeks ago. I will use his words here and hope he doesn't mind.

"If you killed it, then it would be your kill, If you didn't, then it wasn't."

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,767 posts
4,733 battles

anti-role-model_futurama4_6642.png.25e379eaf6c424b1c6ea61506367f7bc.png  Oh, and welcome to the game.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Funny 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,148 posts
13,741 battles

You cannot stop something that does not exist. 1st & foremost, this is a team game & you shoot until the last enemy ship is sunk or the game is over. 2nd, you have no right to claim a ship is yours no matter how much damage you have done or will do.

As a BB main I have had many, many, many ships I've "almost sunk" & someone else applies the coup de gras while my guns were reloading.

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,189 battles

kills account for alot in the PR algorithm, so sometimes ill hold my shot till someone weakens the enemy down to a point where im guaranteed the kill just to boost my stats a little more

• Funny 4
  • Confused 5
  • Boring 2

[WORX]
Members
11,357 posts
19,064 battles

In a team oriented game, no kill belongs to anyone to start with...

In a team oriented game, kill securing is the fundamental and universal way of playing. It should be practiced from the NOOBS to the not so NOOBs alike. By not adapting this, you will lack the essentials of minimum team play for the game.

My advice is repeat the mantra...

"There is no such thing as kill stealing in a team oriented game"

giphy.gif

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,151 posts
7,357 battles

LOL, your not going to get much sympathy and your team mates would rather have you oriented on winning the match than padding your stats.

[APEZ]
Members
1,493 posts
9,051 battles

There is no such thing as kill stealing.  Expecting people to monitor and determine if you are going to sink a ship before it sinks another is absurd.  Sometimes you get the kill sometimes you don't.

[MUDDX]
Beta Testers
8,144 posts
23,073 battles
2 hours ago, LGCaptain said:

Everybody please stop stealing each others' kills.

There is no such thing! One gets much more credit for damage caused than sinking low HP cripples. If it bothers you that much then get with the program and pick off low HP foes as frequently as you can.

Then you can get a swelled head and brag here on the forum about your accomplishments.