You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shenanigans_Abound

1 ship has ruined 3 tiers of play

67 comments in this topic

Members
561 posts
9,196 battles

Don’t even have to mention the ship name because everyone already knows. 

I’d rather player against 12 kremlins in a Charleston than deal with the Smolensk anymore. Take a henri; melts 30 percent of my health in just as many seconds. Never before has a single ship ruined what little balance was left in this game. How WG can even remotely consider it balanced is beyond any reasoning of a normal human mind. 

cant shoot it with a bb, you just overpen it. Can’t shoot it with 203, you just overpen it, go anywhere near it in a dd and you’re dead in three salvos.. it can shoot over islands better than any American light cruiser, it has torps in line with British (obviously minus the single fire) 

it’s like war gaming thought it was best to take the the best thing about every single cruiser in the game and call it smOPlensk and claim it’s balanced because it’s weak armor. Yeah, guess they don’t consider the overpen potential that it would have. When it doesn’t have an island to shoot over it can just sit in smoke. 

might as well have given it radar too but that would have made it obviously OP. Without the radar WG can claim it’s balanced on those grounds alone. 8,9,10 what’s supposed to be the funnest and most rewarding tiers to play have been ruined by one single ship. 

but will it ever be nerfed or brought in line with what other ships are at 10? Nope... let’s just call it what it is... a tier 12 ship that can play 8,9,10 games. That’s the best description of it. 

youd figure after all the complaints they’ve gotten regarding the ship that something would have been done by now but nope... not the case. Know why the Colbert didn’t get smoke? Because it would have been considered too powerful. So let’s make a ship with more guns, a faster fire rate. Same basically everything as the Colbert, a higher overpen potential and some smoke and call it balance.... said it before and so have others and I’ll keep saying it and so will others until something is finally done about it...

smOPlensk is the worst ship ever introduced into the game and there isn’t even a close second. 
as stated above I’d rather play 12 kremlins as a Charleston or even 12 conqs with their super heal than play a game that has even a single Smolensk in it. 

it took the Smolensk all of 2 months if being in the game to set a new time dmg record.. a dmg record that occurred when invisible fire was still a thing 4 years ago. 425k... 200k of which was earned in the first 10 minutes of game time. I believe PanzerknackerPasch put it up on his YouTube channel go ahead and check it out and tell me how anything about the ship is balanced... I’ll sit here and wait.... 

Before anyone considers saying “you’re just salty, you’re just mad” nope.... just speaking the truth as other have regarding that monstrosity. Gulio on steroids as a tier 1 ship is the only remotely close comparison that can be made for it. 

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound
  • Cool 18
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 14

Banned
1,678 posts
1,286 battles
7 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

cant shoot it with a bb, you just overpen it.

I was in Smol in CBs the other day and I was killed by a Krem with only 4 shells hitting me, full HP to 0.

Can’t shoot it with 203, you just overpen it

Total B S. 203s cit the shet out of it. Cruisers are its worst enemy.

That said, it's still a broken ship and bad for the game. But lets not be hyperbolic and make ridiculous statements.

Edited by USS_Taylor_Swift
  • Cool 5

[SCAVS]
Members
216 posts
8,320 battles
7 minutes ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

Take a henri; melts 30 percent of my health in just as many seconds. 

Why the hell are you that close to a Smolensk in a Henri anyway??

Members
5,789 posts
11,606 battles

No more so than other HE spewing ships but thankfully they are easy to cit - just have to be a bit sneakier about it.

Members
561 posts
9,196 battles
8 minutes ago, SilhoutteFG said:

Why the hell are you that close to a Smolensk in a Henri anyway??

When you run legendary mod you have the highest detection of any ship in the game. Oh I forgot to leave that part out. It’s ridiculous range. I think my detection with legendary henri allowed you to be spotted within 30 seconds of the game starting.... 

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,615 posts
44,606 battles
5 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

A smolensk on the enemy team?

NRZzh23.gif

This is what I do in coop when 2 bot Atlanta`s are heading for my Omaha.

Is the Smolensk just a T-10 Atlanta?

Members
561 posts
9,196 battles
16 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

I was in Smol in CBs the other day and I was killed by a Krem with only 4 shells hitting me, full HP to 0.

Total B S. 203s cit the shet out of it. Cruisers are its worst enemy.

That said, it's still a broken ship and bad for the game. But lets not be hyperbolic and make ridiculous statements.

And if you were sitting broadside he would be overpenned you but I’m willing to bet you were slightly angled so as to not be full broadside to something and that allowed it happen. It’s pretty sad a ships best chance of survival is sitting full broadside any amount if angling actually allows rounds to stick not go right through. Pretty much in line with what happened when they made the DD change from bb rounds. You’ll overpen every time when there broadside, they try to turn away and take actual pens.  Pretty sad that Something that was once considered “bad play” is now encouraged to limit the dmg you take. 

Edited by Shenanigans_Abound
  • Cool 1

[SCAVS]
Members
216 posts
8,320 battles
1 minute ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

When you run legendary mod you have the highest detection of any ship in the game. Oh I forgot to leave that part out. It’s ridiculous range. I think my detection with legendary henri allowed you to be spotted within 30 seconds of the game starting.... 

Henri does 45 knots in open water, at extreme range a Smolensk wont melt you in 30 seconds.  You must have been very close. 

[RBMK]
Beta Testers
3,806 posts
14,748 battles

Had a game the other night with 2 of them on the enemy team, they got spotted, both of them, and were promtly deleted, both of them, it all comes down to if your team wants to be burned to death, or focus the biggest threat spotted, too many times I see BB Or CA simply keep shooting a BB when the smol is exposed, and the smol simply lives to burn them down later on.

Edited by CriMiNaL__
  • Cool 1

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,280 posts
16,511 battles

I will say this... playing a Smolensk and  being spotted is like running across a stage ...naked....I mean everyone sees you and everyone who can., shoots at you...it is pretty amusing to see fire coming in from like 7 directions at once... and rightly so!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Beta Testers
1,051 posts
15,720 battles

The Smol is just the final straw to ruining gameplay. The other straws are the Russian BB's.

Now, out you come all you Russian fan bois and say I'm wrong and I should just 'git gud'.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BS]
Members
2,001 posts
11,717 battles

I don't even see that many SMolensk's in game. I've been focus fired by them in a BB a few times, it sucked but it wasn't THAT BAD where I can't stand the game anymore. A Wooster behind an island is worse in my opinion.

• Cool 1

Members
1,380 posts

680378158_FrenchDDs4.thumb.png.66436bbac0e7e4aff219c370b0b0e6e5.png

I know and feel awful that French DDs are ruining three Tiers of Play.......Everyone... After Tonight I am going to concentrate on IJN  Japanese DDs.   I now have three 19 point Captains and this is getting BORING.....  Winning is not all that it is cracked up to be....Once again I apologize to all. 

Members
1,380 posts

Smolske   or however it b Spelt..... Am I the only person not effected by this thing.   I have sunk way more than they have sunk me.   I cannot think of being sunk by one but I am going to assume that it happened.    The major issue seems to be how you play your BB's   Nose in and just sitting there isn't a great idea.  Steering straight lines is a bad idea as well..... I sunk several BB's tonight that didn't alter course from when I saw them until the torps hit.  I ONLY HAVE 8km TORPS!!!!

BTW Smolske  (Whatever...call it Smith)    pretty much hides and shoots.  Not much different than a bunch of spam ships.  So what makes it SOOO hated?

• Cool 2

Members
1,380 posts

I don't think it is Smoloske..... I think a lot of your just suck.   You play big fat Battleships.    Way too many Battleships out there.  Try a Cruiser or better yet a DD.  Destroyers are fun, fast and exciting.   Also you never get slammed if you yolo and die.....   Other players feel sorry for you.    Try a yolo in your Yamato and see what is printed in Chat.      

Put down the Battleship and just walk away.....to a French DD!!!!!

Members
1,380 posts
17 minutes ago, HorrorRoach said:

I don't even see that many SMolensk's in game. I've been focus fired by them in a BB a few times, it sucked but it wasn't THAT BAD where I can't stand the game anymore. A Wooster behind an island is worse in my opinion.

SHHHHHH!!! wth..... Wooster is far worse.... I am not kidding.   That thing with some mods....Radar, DC and ?   is a MONSTER for me in ANY DD....   

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

Whine threads about the Smolensk is equivalent to the old radar or CV threads. Lots of drama and emotion but little factual basis.

• Cool 3

[KAG]
Members
1,370 posts
13,511 battles
7 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

Whine threads about the Smolensk is equivalent to the old radar or CV threads. Lots of drama and emotion but little factual basis.

I’ve defended it, have it, but don’t play it.  I will say, it’s fire chance is a bit absurd.  I can’t count how many times I’ve been hit by a single shell and burst into flames while playing DD’s.  That’s my only gripe with it honestly.  

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
1 hour ago, SilhoutteFG said:

Henri does 45 knots in open water, at extreme range a Smolensk wont melt you in 30 seconds.  You must have been very close.

Not 30 seconds. He said 30 percent of a second. 0.3 seconds.

Members
561 posts
9,196 battles
3 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

Not 30 seconds. He said 30 percent of a second. 0.3 seconds.

I think it went over both of your heads? 30 percent of my health in 30 seconds. Sure it does 45 knots, you can bob and weave, slow down and speed up but the sheer amount of rounds it can put down in 30 seconds is insanity. 180 rounds per minute. It has the highest DPM for any ship in the game by far and that becomes even more hilarious when you consider that dpm only goes up when ifhe is added and even more hilarious that it’s dpm goes even higher when it’s using AP. 

Beta Testers
1,830 posts

This has to be now at least the 16th new ship which has 'definitively' ruined all of WoWs for all time.

yet here we still are. The sky remains.

tune in next month or so for the new 'this has ruined WG' ship/mechanic/mode/post.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
1,377 posts
14,220 battles
2 hours ago, Shenanigans_Abound said:

mention the ship name

she has not bothered me at all.