You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

Maybe next Ranked we do 3 tiers like Randoms

11 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
1,092 battles

What would that be like? Has that been done?

So this is basically randoms and yea, u will get uptiered but thats the way randoms work now anyway so nothing unusual there. 

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts
  • Boring 1

[A-I-M]
Members
3,425 posts
14,103 battles

I don’t know who would voluntarily bring the low or midtiered ships to such a mode.

And I wouldn’t want some one who has achieved only T6 to enter into a T8 match in any competitive battle I am in.

Period

Banned
715 posts
1,092 battles
30 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I don’t know who would voluntarily bring the low or midtiered ships to such a mode.

And I wouldn’t want some one who has achieved only T6 to enter into a T8 match in any competitive battle I am in.

Period

I'll bring my Georgia for sure and take on all tiers just like I do now in Randoms

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFA]
Beta Testers
72 posts
19,323 battles
46 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

What would that be like? Has that been done?

I don’t remember which season it was but I’m pretty sure one of the early seasons  was a two tier range. May have worked back then but now the low tier guys are gonna be severely hamstringed. I can think of very few cases I would purposely bring a tier 9 to a tier 10 fight(Black anyone?) but in a competitive game mode that’s already tuff as nails like ranked not a chance.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,425 posts
14,103 battles
25 minutes ago, JaysUsedBoatParts said:

I'll bring my Georgia for sure and take on all tiers just like I do now in Randoms

You be sure and do that.

That's the barrel count of other ships with 18" and 18.1" guns that'll be waiting for you and your six.

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

The first couple of seasons of ranked had 2 tiers (T5 & T6?) up to a certain rank, I believe.  Then you needed a higher tier, T8? to continue.  It could be slightly different.  It was a while ago.

Banned
715 posts
1,092 battles
2 hours ago, dps_gunner said:

Is there a point to thos thread? Is this an uptier whine thread?? 

No it's not. I would like a 3 tier ranked random 8-10 just like randoms MM now only we get a shot at earning lots of coal and steal ect.  Be a nice change from just 1 tier ranked. 

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Rather than have different tiers in the same match, I'd like to see different tiers of ships used in different brackets of Ranked play.  For example:

• R25 - R20: T6 ships only
  • R19 - R15: T7 ships only
  • R14 - R10: T8 ships only
  • R9 - R5: R9 ships only
  • R4 - R1: T10 ships only

It would keep things fresh along the way and potentially help reduce burnout from spamming the same ship(s) in battle over and over.  Likewise, you'd get to face a different variety of opponents along the way, rather than the same "competitive meta" ships.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,652 posts
9,264 battles
19 hours ago, deadmeat2012 said:

I don’t remember which season it was but I’m pretty sure one of the early seasons  was a two tier range. 

I remember that one. Lower ranks were T5-6, and higher was T7-8.

T5-6 was ok, I actually did far better in Nicholas than Farragut, or any other T6 ship I had.

As soon as I got to T7-8 though, yeah, the extra upgrade slot made a difference, not to mention the first major usage of "smoke forts"

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles

Let's change the OP's wording a bit and request Ranked be Tier 3 next season.