You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CorradoG60

TRUCE! The Most Toxic Game Mode EVER

46 comments in this topic

[WOLFA]
Members
824 posts
7,130 battles

I have never seen a more toxic game mode since this game started. Why do players find it necessary to call truce then blap everyone at the portal?

Had a battle where me and a team mate help two Anglers from one team and a Scorp from another kill Ras, all the remaining players were full. As we're heading to the portal the two Anglers go alongside the Scorp and torp him.

After killing him they turn on me and my teammate and kill us before we reached the portal. These were the players that called "TRUCE" from the beginning of the match.

Why? Why do players have to be compete #$%holes. There was nothing to gain by doing it.

I'm only 3k away from the tier X camo so it will soon be over. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[FEM]
Members
2,079 posts
17,244 battles

People who do that are probably just not very good at the game and this gives them a rare sense of a win. Don't get me wrong, I like to kill people whether it is near the portal or not, but I don't agree to truces. It's their fault if they don't realize my team never accepted the truce

• Boring 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,200 battles
3 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

Why? Why do players have to be compete #$%holes. There was nothing to gain by doing it.

The mode is a Free For All, there are no rules. Anyone expecting any truce agreement to hold is FOOL! Get over it. Get your filth and get to the portal as quickly as possible. Whining about an exceptional battle mode is ridiculous. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
10,684 posts
9,900 battles
1 minute ago, Kebobstuzov said:

People who do that are probably just not very good at the game and this gives them a rare sense of a win. Don't get me wrong, I like to kill people whether it is near the portal or not, but I don't agree to truces. It's their fault if they don't realize my team never accepted the truce

Image result for No prisoners

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,653 posts
11,694 battles

Well... the good news is you're almost through with the grind.

While I don't call out for a truce, I will abide if a majority of the group calls.    Usually, I don't see any folks until I'm heading to the portal or working on Rasp.

While I understand a truce has been called, I don't expect the truce to last, and am always ready for the cheap shot.     I don't go off when folks keep their secondaries on.  Simple mosquito bites and they usually P key them off after they realize they're shooting others.   But if any rounds (or torps) are fired?    It's open season.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,495 posts
24,849 battles

I'm here to maximize my gains, not play hippy valley love and peace bot farm mode every battle.

If you pull 1700 filth a battle, you're looking at 143 battles to open every bundle. That's if you're pulling that amount every single battle.

If you think I'm going to play this game mode for all eternity to get my rewards, well you have a surprise waiting for you at the portal. I'm not going to take 800 filth and leave, because the Rasputin didnt spawn on my side of the map, while you roll out with 1000 and no teammates.

This isnt a Co-Op mode, dont expect people to play it as Co-Op. For players that wanted a free hand out, you should have logged off and went trick or treating the other day.

On a side note as well: The truce thing is the most interesting, dynamic part of this whole mode. I abide by truces the majority of the time but I'm also very willing to break it though usually others do it for me so I dont have to. The idea that you never know if the truce is real or not is more engaging than half this game anymore.

Edited by Skuggsja
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
13,673 posts
28 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

I have never seen a more toxic game mode since this game started. Why do players find it necessary to call truce then blap everyone at the portal?

How does the old saying go from Star Trek? "Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me." I've only seen a complete truce hold twice in about 70 matches. I just go in under the assumption that I'm going to be fired upon. If it's by only one ship on a team and the others are playing nice then I'll hold my fire if I can use an armor module and become invulnerable, otherwise I'll do all I can to take the nearest red ship out. 

Remember too that there is nothing hard-coded into the game that supports "gentlemans' agreements" so it's neither here nor there to WG whether they are kept or broken. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLFA]
Members
824 posts
7,130 battles

I could care less if there's a truce or free for all. That's the game mode and I'm fine with that. I'm not whining at all.

But to kill other players for no gain in filth and to just do it to be #$%holes and to take away other players hard work is another thing entirely.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts
41 minutes ago, CorradoG60 said:

Had a battle where me and a team mate help two Anglers from one team and a Scorp from another kill Ras, all the remaining players were full. As we're heading to the portal the two Anglers go alongside the Scorp and torp him.

After killing him they turn on me and my teammate and kill us before we reached the portal. These were the players that called "TRUCE" from the beginning of the match.

i don't blame players, i blame designers that allow so much grief to happen, as if their job is to piss players off, lol

• Boring 1

Members
6,760 posts
21,151 battles

the truly comical part of this "filth" is that I have a perpetual in game supply of better camo than this game mode provides. granted they may not look as cool, but they provide at a minimum 100% xp, freexp, credits.....more than these perma camos.

UB2zzQn.png

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,798 battles
16 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

My kids watched that show all the time.

I hate you.

Would you expect anything less from a USS Taylor Swift? lol

[LOIN]
Supertester
835 posts
1 hour ago, CorradoG60 said:

People will be people. My advice to you is, like what Cipher 9 would say "Trust no one" even during a so called "Truce" remember what the Sith code says "Peace is a lie" 

[GGWP]
Members
7,140 posts
16,402 battles
1 hour ago, CorradoG60 said:

Seeing as you like to believe random anonymous strangers on the internet, are you interested in buying a bridge from me? 

• Boring 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,334 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

I'm here to maximize my gains, not play hippy valley love and peace bot farm mode every battle.

Of course, only hippies cooperate. Cooperation is a silly idea, only stupid hippies would do it. That is why no creature on earth has ever built a complex society, and no animals are organized in groups. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Members
1,634 posts
1,286 battles
2 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Of course, only hippies cooperate. Cooperation is a silly idea, only stupid hippies would do it. That is why no creature on earth has ever built a complex society, and no animals are organized in groups. 

but what about when the enemy team kills ras and takes all his booty and you barely have any? why not try to take it from them?

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,334 battles
2 minutes ago, USS_Taylor_Swift said:

but what about when the enemy team kills ras and takes all his booty and you barely have any? why not try to take it from them?

Why be an a$$ho? Plenty of time to get more in the next match. 

Should I sell out my integrity and humanity for pixel rewards? 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Members
1,634 posts
1,286 battles
1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

The whole point of the game mode is to collect filth. It's PVE and PVP for a reason. If killing other players to take their filth was something you weren't supposed to do, then it wouldn't be part of the game.

And seriously? Playing a GAME the way it was intended to be played is "selling out one's integrity and humanity?" Get a grip, dude. If you called a truce and did it, then yeah, you'd definitely be an a-hole. But if you never agreed to one, then there's nothing wrong with it.

• Boring 1

[WOLFA]
Members
824 posts
7,130 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

My point exactly. Everyone was full so there was nothing to gain by killing the other players except to be @-holes.

Members
729 posts
10,041 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Twilight battle isn't real life. In the real world there are a lot of situations where everyone is better off if they work together instead of trying to get as much as possible for themselves. In twilight battle the objective is literally to get as much oil as possible for yourself, and working together isn't better for everyone.

You actually get more net oil across all the teams if you pvp, because there isn't enough oil on the map to fill up all three teams and people that die still get some oil. 

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,495 posts
24,849 battles
14 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

That is a reach. Cooperating in a PvPvE game mode and building a society dont really relate.

Listen, I work with good teams when I see them and I consume the weak when they show themselves. If all 3 teams are doing well and can team up to collect all the filth, I'm in. If two teams had their butts handed to them by bots, I'm not risking my haul or a minimal haul when I can be a pirate. 

Arrrggghhh.

[KUMA]
Members
12 posts
4,952 battles
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

If you pull 1700 filth a battle, you're looking at 143 battles to open every bundle. That's if you're pulling that amount every single battle.

If you think I'm going to play this game mode for all eternity to get my rewards, well you have a surprise waiting for you at the portal. I'm not going to take 800 filth and leave, because the Rasputin didnt spawn on my side of the map, while you roll out with 1000 and no teammates.

This isnt a Co-Op mode, dont expect people to play it as Co-Op. For players that wanted a free hand out, you should have logged off and went trick or treating the other day.

On a side note as well: The truce thing is the most interesting, dynamic part of this whole mode. I abide by truces the majority of the time but I'm also very willing to break it though usually others do it for me so I dont have to. The idea that you never know if the truce is real or not is more engaging than half this game anymore.

It's a prisoner's dilemma. The rule told us that the resources on the map is enough for all the teams and the game mode is simply not about losing or winning. 

team1

coop                                               fight

team2                       coop         about 2150/2150(with Rasputin)             0/about 2000(no Rasputin)

fight               0/about 2000(no Rasputin)             about 1000/1000(assume 50% win rate)

If all player coop, then everyone could maximize their filth by doing Rasputin. 

For coop/coop case doing Rasputin, each team would almost guarantee to get 900+ not doing Rasputin(including cruiser  near the portal), take it as 3*1000 = 3000. The Rasputin has 2000 + pretty much dd that each has 50, that total filth for each team could be about 2150. Unless your team combines more than 1 bb+1 cruiser+1 dd, you filth are almost full. 

If we count in the fight/coop case, and take the side initial as the winner of the fight(easier to calculate), 1 team would achieve 2000 filth, with another achieve very little.(or if your team could solo Rasputin, then you are full, but you have to take the risk if the other team would fight you, since you already break the truce agreement, it not in prisoner's dilemma anyone!!!  the other team knows your choice)

If we get in the fight/fight case, assume each team has 50% of winning the fight, then the expected filth would be, the average between 0 and 2000, which is about 1000

For the Nash equilibrium is at fight side, since choosing coop you would gain either 2150 or 0. If you choose the fight side, you would gain either 2000/1000. Fight would always guarantee to be better.

For the Pareto efficiency it's at the coop side, if everyone coop, it would obviously be better than fight/fight case. 

Thus, here's to maximize your gains? Well it depends.

I guess both take this mode PVP or PVE is fine, but there are some cow**ds said truce but fire first. And I'm pretty confused these who shooting others after reaching team capacity.

Yesterday someone said truce early in the game shot me AP shells and claimed it was secondary. What joke.

note: the calculation may have some errors, and includes lots of assumption. Just for reference.

Edited by ParrenC