You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptHarlock_222

What the ship happened to my game?

23 comments in this topic

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

So for various IRL reasons, I've not been playing for about 3 days. In that time I've barely even touched my computer, so I have changed nothing that I'm aware of. Prior to this break, the game ran fine, with only minor (temporary) freezes and the occasional internet issue causing any issues for me. I knew the next set of Italian directives were up as of Monday and I'm still trying to get the mission for Amalfi (which continues to elude me, I don't even know how many containers I've gone through, but that's a separate issue), so I figured I'd get back on that task. Today so far, I've had about 5 crashes in the span of about an hour, so I'm getting to the point of frustration. I've tried a full computer restart, stripped off the one flag mod I run, and am currently waiting on a check and repair cycle to finish. What I want to know is if anyone else has been having similar issues lately that they couldn't explain. I'm out of ideas of what it could be and if this check and repair fails to do/catch anything, I might have to try a complete uninstall/reinstall and see if that does anything (that'll be fun with re-adding my songs and getting all of my settings back to where they were previously).

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,264 posts
17,123 battles

Heyo Capt,

I would check your drivers.

Fem, 

[-VCW-]
Members
3,352 posts
16,649 battles

Fem has a point. Check your graphics card driver to see if there's an update.  Some WOWS patches totally mess up my FPS and it takes several Nvidia driver updates to fix it. 

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

Had 2 updates for those last week, ran them both and the game was still working as of Friday.

Edit- it looks like Nvidia is trying for round 3.

Edited by CaptHarlock_222

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

Last night in battle I lost server two or three times, internet was fine. Took a while to reconnect to server, once took two tries. Lucky I got back on before end of battle both times and had not been sunk. Started around 0030 EST. Once I had to completely close game and then go back in, would not connect to server.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

Well the driver update fixed nothing. I'm officially at a loss for ideas and I'm thinking the best option for now is another day off from the game. Can't afford to keep getting one salvo in before crashing, scrambling to get back in, and coming back in time for either dying or the team winning the match. It's not going to get those Italian directives done and it's going to wreck my patience and blood pressure, so I'll drop off my crash reports in attachments here and hope it helps solve the problem.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,448 posts
4,200 battles

Might be best at this point to cut your losses and reinstall. Something probably updated (either game or computer) and screwed up everything. I'd just save preferences, screenshots, and replays and start uninstalling. It'll take a couple hours, but it's better than chasing down driver updates or whatnot.

[FEM]
Members
2,084 posts
17,244 battles

if you do reinstall, you can grab your music and mods from the game files first and save them somewhere else so it is easy to just paste them back

Developers
79 posts
182 battles
1 hour ago, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Well the driver update fixed nothing. I'm officially at a loss for ideas and I'm thinking the best option for now is another day off from the game. Can't afford to keep getting one salvo in before crashing, scrambling to get back in, and coming back in time for either dying or the team winning the match. It's not going to get those Italian directives done and it's going to wreck my patience and blood pressure, so I'll drop off my crash reports in attachments here and hope it helps solve the problem.

Sorry, but just crash reports are not enough. Can you please make a ticket to Player Support?

To save you time on picking finding support category: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/17361/17367/17368/

Now just click orange button "Create ticket" below, and attach WGCheck report file. See here on creating that report (no need to download the tool actually, it's already in the WGCheck subfolder of the game).

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles
1 hour ago, Ryuu_kun said:

Sorry, but just crash reports are not enough. Can you please make a ticket to Player Support?

To save you time on picking finding support category: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wows/help/17361/17367/17368/

Now just click orange button "Create ticket" below, and attach WGCheck report file. See here on creating that report (no need to download the tool actually, it's already in the WGCheck subfolder of the game).

Got the ball rolling on it right now. Just needed some time to chill out and get back to more level-headed thinking.

[WOLF8]
Members
615 posts
9,235 battles

*sigh*

My turn now.  Played last night for a couple hours (mostly Twilight) with zero issues.  Fired up the game today.  Crashed twice in the 1st game.  Forget the 1st msg from Windows.  Got back into the game, still barely alive, continued playing, then got the Critical Error window/msg.  

Did the Wows Support Game Integrity Check.  Restarted game.  Played a bit and got the Critical Error window/msg again.

Going to try the latest nvidia drivers...

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles
40 minutes ago, Slammer58 said:

*sigh*

My turn now.  Played last night for a couple hours (mostly Twilight) with zero issues.  Fired up the game today.  Crashed twice in the 1st game.  Forget the 1st msg from Windows.  Got back into the game, still barely alive, continued playing, then got the Critical Error window/msg.  

Did the Wows Support Game Integrity Check.  Restarted game.  Played a bit and got the Critical Error window/msg again.

Going to try the latest nvidia drivers...

Well on the one hand, I know how you feel, but on the other hand, I do feel better that it might not just be me. That's always the first thing I start checking, asking other people in chat if they are having similar issues, helps me determine if it's just my computer getting old, my crummy internet modem acting up, or some issue ingrained in the game. Only had a few people mention similar issues in chat today, so I wasn't entirely sure yet.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
19,680 battles

From the Italian line patches I have occasional freezes in game of about 2/3 seconds.

Never happened before.

All drivers are updated

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

Well, based on the seeming success of someone else in another thread, I've gone ahead with the reinstall. Once that finishes taking it's sweet time to do and I've sorted out settings back to where I want them, I'll see if I get lucky.

Edit- After a 2 hr. 45 min. wait to reinstall, I was given just enough hope from my first battle to have that destroyed by crashing in my second battle. Uninstalling and reinstalling has not fixed the issue for me.

[WOLF7]
[WOLF7]
Members
7 posts
3,526 battles
17 hours ago, Mikebello said:

From the Italian line patches I have occasional freezes in game of about 2/3 seconds.

Never happened before.

All drivers are updated

I noticed the same thing, it happens when I when I go to binocular view while trying to line up a shot..which also prevents me from firing on target before being fired upon due to the freezes/lag. Now I'm just getting the Critical Error crash within the first 3 matches, recently it's the 1st match. :Smile-angry:

Someone in another thread mentioned the issues we had last year when they released all the Halloween missions, I remember it affected me..Makes me think that bug has come back to "Haunt" us for the Halloween season.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

Well, in case anyone's watching this to see if we find a solution, the tech people had me try playing a few matches with my usermusic folder removed and I set my music back to the old, basic in-game music. 5 battles, 0 crashes, so it seems to be tied to the usermusic folder somehow, at least in my case. I had the bright idea to try putting the folder back in, with a greatly reduced amount of tracks in it and crashed in the very first battle I tried that way. I thought it might have been related to the fact that I have 128 tracks in that folder, but the number seems to not matter based on my test. Guess it's back to the in-game stuff for a bit.

• Cool 1

[WOLF8]
Members
615 posts
9,235 battles

I was just coming to post something similar.  Did pretty much the same thing you did.  Works without the UserMusic, crashes with it. 

Still wondering what WG did ~Monday/Tuesday to cause this problem in the first place.    

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles
2 hours ago, Slammer58 said:

I was just coming to post something similar.  Did pretty much the same thing you did.  Works without the UserMusic, crashes with it. 

Still wondering what WG did ~Monday/Tuesday to cause this problem in the first place.    

Hard to say. At least I can get back to those Italian directives that I was working on. I've actually found an amusing and overly complex method to play the game without crashing and play music at the same time. It involves a fairly fancy set of headphones I got a while back for an entirely different purpose. They were initially for hooking up to some of my console games, as my previous set of long cord headphones died some time back. What makes them special is that they have two different input jacks for two different audio cords, one being long with a large diameter end, and the other being short with a normal sized end and a microphone for use with a phone. Obviously, I plug one cord into the computer and the other into my phone. Works reasonably well, though with a few oddities. Should work for now until they find a fix, at least when I'm at home. The headphones are a bit big to stuff in my 'go places bag' for when I take my computer other places.

Developers
79 posts
182 battles
On 11/7/2019 at 9:47 PM, CaptHarlock_222 said:

Well, in case anyone's watching this to see if we find a solution, the tech people had me try playing a few matches with my usermusic folder removed and I set my music back to the old, basic in-game music. 5 battles, 0 crashes, so it seems to be tied to the usermusic folder somehow, at least in my case. I had the bright idea to try putting the folder back in, with a greatly reduced amount of tracks in it and crashed in the very first battle I tried that way. I thought it might have been related to the fact that I have 128 tracks in that folder, but the number seems to not matter based on my test. Guess it's back to the in-game stuff for a bit.

If this continues after the update this week — can you please make a ticket to Player Support? Since it might be specific to some configurations.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles
5 hours ago, Ryuu_kun said:

If this continues after the update this week — can you please make a ticket to Player Support? Since it might be specific to some configurations.

I'll be sure to do that if it continues.

[KAPPA]
Members
1,351 posts
7,816 battles

Well, several games into the new patch and no issues at all to report. Looks like you guys nailed the issue. Been actually quite nice working with you to help figure out the problem, hopefully if something like this happens again, it will be like this again.

• Cool 1

[TF]
Members
24 posts
11,311 battles

Having the same problems, but have no usermusic files to delete.  Never brought in any music to the game.  So.....?????

Developers
79 posts
182 battles
On 11/16/2019 at 9:16 AM, Torgamous said:

Having the same problems, but have no usermusic files to delete.  Never brought in any music to the game.  So.....?????

So it's a different problem. Please contact Player Support