You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Kiss_The_Donkey

Hi Res Monitors... 5120-x1440...anyone?

6 comments in this topic

[DEP]
Members
247 posts
19,565 battles

Thinking about getting the Samsung CRG9...its a 49" 5120x1440 screen...anyone using this one or  something close to or 4k? curious as to the perfomance youre getting and what GPU you are using....

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
7 minutes ago, _Kiss_The_Donkey said:

Thinking about getting the Samsung CRG9...its a 49" 5120x1440 screen...anyone using this one or  something close to or 4k? curious as to the perfomance youre getting and what GPU you are using....

As of right now, I dont think there is a video graphics card that will handle what you stated...At a performance that is satisfactory for the price spent.

Edited by Navalpride33

[DEP]
Members
247 posts
19,565 battles

2080ti 

LOL spending that much on a screen kinda throws the penny pincher mindset out the window. Like they say, ignorance is bliss... It will be a huge upgrade cost for sure (necessary ? of course not, but  (ask your wife) every inch counts lol .....I'm currently running a 34" ultrawide 3440x1440 using a 1080ti...i might not even need to upgrade the  GPU right away..which would be great if i can skip a generation....ive been wanting the 49" as it would be the sweet spot size wise for my setup. The fact that the newer screen also has more features is also a bonus... Main thing is wasnt sure how taxing the game is running almost 4k resolutions. 

Edited by _Kiss_The_Donkey

[-RNG-]
Supertester
3,227 posts
6,204 battles

Ultrawide vs 4k is a interesting debate for WoWS. The ultra wide is nice because of the horizontal aspect of the game (giving ships lead), but looking at my 4k 16:9 monitor and seeing the cables on my ships be razor straight lines.... I am much more a fan of the higher resolution. 

I run 4k graphics on maximum settings with my GTX 1070TI and Ryzen 7 2700x. My monitor can only dish out 60fps though. 

[WORX]
Members
14,361 posts
20,908 battles
2 hours ago, _Kiss_The_Donkey said:

2080ti 

LOL spending that much on a screen kinda throws the penny pincher mindset out the window. Like they say, ignorance is bliss... It will be a huge upgrade cost for sure (necessary ? of course not, but  (ask your wife) every inch counts lol .....I'm currently running a 34" ultrawide 3440x1440 using a 1080ti...i might not even need to upgrade the  GPU right away..which would be great if i can skip a generation....ive been wanting the 49" as it would be the sweet spot size wise for my setup. The fact that the newer screen also has more features is also a bonus... Main thing is wasnt sure how taxing the game is running almost 4k resolutions. 

I recommend a screen with a very high/fast refresh rate...

I dont think WOWS is that advance for the money your spending... SO a high refresh rate monitor is worth it... *AS LONG* your graphics card can handle the size at that refresh rate...

[NSEW]
Members
2,585 posts
12,112 battles

Here I am reading posts about hi res, ultra wide, 1 million gigawatts pixels, and here I am still using a 1080p at 60hertz refresh rate monitor...with 775 chipset PC.