You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabin69

Is IFHE a mandatory requirement for T9/10 British

18 comments in this topic

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,937 battles

Destroyers?

I moved my Lightning captain up to the Jutland and I am just not getting the damage I expected from the guns as is, a ton of shatters as per screenshot below.

Hesitant to spend dubs or elite xp just to get IFHE, but damn that's a lot of shatters and I was primarily aiming at the superstructure on cruisers and bbs.

I've seen players using the AP against broadside dds, is this also more effective against cruiser and bb superstructures? Or should I just be looking to start fires and switch to new target.

Any feedback from anyone who runs it would be greatly appreciated, as it seems I would have to give up RDF which I have found more useful on my dds for torping  into smoke clouds.

Thanks in advance.

shot-19.11.04_22.28.50-0719.jpg

Members
1,872 posts

Yes. IFHE is pretty much mandatory for the Jutland and Daring. You can use AP... but obviously your damage inflicted will be circumstantial at best.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,110 battles
34 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

I've seen players using the AP

Daring AP is shocking sometimes.   That said,  IFHE yes.

Members
1,660 posts
35 minutes ago, Rabin69 said:

Destroyers?

I moved my Lightning captain up to the Jutland and I am just not getting the damage I expected from the guns as is, a ton of shatters as per screenshot below.

Hesitant to spend dubs or elite xp just to get IFHE, but damn that's a lot of shatters and I was primarily aiming at the superstructure on cruisers and bbs.

I've seen players using the AP against broadside dds, is this also more effective against cruiser and bb superstructures? Or should I just be looking to start fires and switch to new target.

Any feedback from anyone who runs it would be greatly appreciated, as it seems I would have to give up RDF which I have found more useful on my dds for torping  into smoke clouds.

Thanks in advance.

Depends how close the cruisers and BBs are, but the DD AP can be effectivr at close range.  Long range, HE generally gives you better results.

It always makes me laugh when I start getting citadels with a DD.

• Cool 1

[C-CA]
[C-CA]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,304 posts
6,266 battles

Yes, your guns are the second smallest at that tier and you don't get the 1/4 HE pen benefit that the Japanese 100mm guns get.  IFHE makes your HE shells a lot more reliable on Jutland and Daring.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,438 posts
20,588 battles

A few very advanced Daring players skip IFHE, because they can get the AP to work in most situations where you have any business using the guns in the first place (and there are suprisingly many of them). I always run IFHE on mine, though.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

I don't think it's mandatory but certainly recommended. I played without it for most of my matches and felt pretty good about using its AP, but having said that, if you feel good about a build with IFHE is does benefit from it. I suggested trying out the AP first and see you think it needs IFHE.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,362 battles

You need it to pen destroyer plating.

[O7]
Members
1,494 posts
11,202 battles

IFHE is a must, although the AP may seem glorified to lesser players the consistent dpm of the IFHE is far superior to the AP and its arch nemesis of angling

Members
1,059 posts
6,189 battles
5 hours ago, Edgecase said:

A few very advanced Daring players skip IFHE, because they can get the AP to work in most situations where you have any business using the guns in the first place (and there are suprisingly many of them). I always run IFHE on mine, though.

Its always fun to win a knife fight in jutland w/ifhe versus a daring who insists on AP... and have them rage and make hackusations afterwards.

Members
1,724 posts
11,839 battles

I would say it is recommended.  Sure, if you if know how to aim, you can make the AP work really well.   On the other hand, if you go up against someone who knows how to angle especially in a DD, you are going to be doing very little to them, and that is where IFHE on your HE lets you keep doing damage.  The fire chance on the RN DDs is pretty good, and because of the way IFHE works, it is only hurts that slightly.(flags and captain skill if you wish to make it up)  I love doing little quick, squat, pop smoke, light a fire, then move again shortly later.  Both ammo types are great on RN DDs.

[WW2]
Members
467 posts
7,952 battles
9 hours ago, Rabin69 said:

Destroyers?

Thanks in advance.

I was disappointed when I went to jutland from lighting. B hull is a little better but not much. That said IFHE did help once I added it. Daring is in a class by itself and worth suffering through jutland.

Edited by Darmokattenagra

[SHAFT]
Members
815 posts
17,937 battles
2 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

I was disappointed when I went to jutland from lighting. B hull is a little better but not much. That said IFHE did help once I added it. Daring is in a class by itself and worth suffering through jutland.

Its play style is a bit different from the Lightning, that low detect-ability spoiled me I think.

That being said I am enjoying the single launch torps at T9/10 as many players do not expect the angles you can get and so far I am getting them to turn into torps much easier than with any other dd I have played. Still early days yet but I may decide to keep her even when I get the Daring.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,723 posts
12,909 battles

No it’s not. 

59% winrate in Jutland over 84 games.

51% in Daring, but that’s because I play it too aggressively and I don’t have the Jutland stealth to save me.

Never ran IFHE on either.

Fire AP for everything unless you are explicitly trying to start a fire.

Edited by HazardDrake

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,723 posts
12,909 battles
4 hours ago, Xanshin said:

Its always fun to win a knife fight in jutland w/ifhe versus a daring who insists on AP... and have them rage and make hackusations afterwards.

It’s fun using RPF to jump a Jutland who insists on IFHE and have them rage and make hackusations afterwards.

/:Smile-_tongue:

[HDR]
Beta Testers
316 posts
7,406 battles
8 minutes ago, HazardDrake said:

It’s fun using RPF to jump a Jutland who insists on IFHE and have them rage and make hackusations afterwards.

/:Smile-_tongue:

I dont like those type of posts your replying to either ...buuut anyone crying about their Jut losing to a Daring has never looked at the Daring's stats :D

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,723 posts
12,909 battles
50 minutes ago, berree said:

I dont like those type of posts your replying to either ...buuut anyone crying about their Jut losing to a Daring has never looked at the Daring's stats :D

Agreed. I have to laugh at the people who talk about “knife fights” in DDs. They might as well be talking about tube TVs. That type of play died YEARS ago.

Nobody with any sense knife fights in DDs today. You’re either drop kicking a wounded puppy or trying to break contact.