You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
snipeashot

Sapian

7 comments in this topic

[WISCO]
Members
14 posts
6,293 battles

Today I played my sapain because I am in need of money. During the game 90% of my rockets & bombs missed even though I led them & got a 19pt captain on the ship. I think they tweaked it again or its just bad RNG but wonders how it's going for other people. This is also not just a one game occurrence, happens a lot. If you got any ideas or tips let me know.

[RLGN]
Members
16,809 posts
29,440 battles

Sounds like bad RNG.

In any case; Saipan should have been compensated for and withdrawn, or moved to tier 6.

Putting it at tier 8 just makes it a useless port queen for anyone who isn't a twitch fiend, and who didn't sell it back during the grace period.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,369 posts
24,667 battles
39 minutes ago, snipeashot said:

90% of my rockets & bombs missed

Well, bombs are fine but the restriction of Tiny Tims for the rockets is too painful given the flight size.

[WPORT]
Members
11,541 posts
15,861 battles
35 minutes ago, snipeashot said:

Today I played my sapain because I am in need of money. During the game 90% of my rockets & bombs missed even though I led them & got a 19pt captain on the ship. I think they tweaked it again or its just bad RNG but wonders how it's going for other people. This is also not just a one game occurrence, happens a lot. If you got any ideas or tips let me know.

I'm not sure if this is your first CV or your only CV.
If you can, train on the Tier-4 CV of your choice to practice the fundamentals.
If not, then you'll be learning how to use what you've got.

Not all ordnance hits the target.   Some may hit, and some may  miss. 
And there's a delay from the time you "pull the trigger" to the time the ordnance hits the target (or the ocean or an island).
Rockets and Bombs need to be aimed properly, and USN rockets and bombs (and other nations, too) impact an "area" instead of a single point.

I suggest spending some time in the training room or in co-op to work on your aim with slightly  more predictable targets.  Human players at higher tiers should have some skills that let them dodge competently or have ships with AA fire that shreds squadrons before the ordnance can be delivered.
It is a sink or swim environment and a Tier-8 CV is going to be up-tiered often.

Good luck.  :-)

[WISCO]
Members
14 posts
6,293 battles

Thanks. And yes I pre- rework i had both tier 8 cv's and post rework I gave them up for free xp and got nelson and Implacable.

[GRETA]
Members
1,507 posts
11,690 battles

The Saipan suffers from too few bombs/rockets and too large dispersion per drop.  You can still wreck BB's and inept cruisers that sit still or sail in straight lines but hitting the more alert maneuverable targets like some cruisers and most DD's is very difficult and highly RNG dependent.