You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_Caliph_

Adjust CV Emblem Average Damage

37 comments in this topic

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles

I'd suggest 80k, 90k, 100k, 110k. 

130k isn't happening. Between the randomness of how fast the enemy team sinks to others, the AA, and the anemic damage 130k is unreasonable for a 100 game average.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,620 posts
10,483 battles

Yeah, probably true.  But when you do get it, the emblem will mean something.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

If you are doing 130K avg damage on your CV, then your win rate is plummeting as the only way you are putting out that kind of damage in a CV is if your team is utter garbage. 

The top 10% player in Midway on the server don't even do 130k avg. 

image.png.4a8bde736f684e308038143b227d1f02.png

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,495 posts
24,849 battles

I hate to say it, but I think it's time for an accuracy buff on CVs. I know "I'm wrong, and shut up" but the playerbase that exists now is "jUSt dOdgINg" finally. I'm missing bomb strikes on non moving targets in the center of my reticle even, let alone those that know to move and change course. 

• Cool 2

[MUDDX]
Banned
8,144 posts
23,200 battles
1 hour ago, _Caliph_ said:

I'd suggest

They do away with the garbage CV rework and revert to the pre rework CVs with a few changes to reduce their devastating effectiveness.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
45 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

If you are doing 130K avg damage on your CV, then your win rate is plummeting as the only way you are putting out that kind of damage in a CV is if your team is utter garbage. 

This is true, and pretty much the same for a high damage games, regardless of ship type.  If you seen the recent damage record videos of Flamu (in Benham) or Mejash (in Cossack), it's clearly evident that the opportunity to put up those kind of staggering numbers is because the rest of their team isn't able to hold their own enough to help out.  High damage games with competent teams is almost impossible when the enemy is barely able to get out of the gate.

• Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,121 battles
49 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I got a better idea. Adjust average CV damage so they could possibly get to 130,000. That emblem kinda suggest the whole class under-performs at T8-T10.

A little nerf of AA and we are there.

• Funny 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,495 posts
24,849 battles
38 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

This is true, and pretty much the same for a high damage games, regardless of ship type.  If you seen the recent damage record videos of Flamu (in Benham) or Mejash (in Cossack), it's clearly evident that the opportunity to put up those kind of staggering numbers is because the rest of their team isn't able to hold their own enough to help out.  High damage games with competent teams is almost impossible when the enemy is barely able to get out of the gate.

Damage is completely reliant on the length of the game and skill of both teams. The worse my team, the higher my damage as long as they arent horrible.

[FEM]
Members
2,073 posts
17,244 battles
3 hours ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Exactly. the top emblem should NOT be a participation prize, it should be leveled at the top fraction, that's why it isn't a games played achievement, but rather a score achievement.

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles
6 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Exactly. the top emblem should NOT be a participation prize, it should be leveled at the top fraction, that's why it isn't a games played achievement, but rather a score achievement.

Then you need to go back and fix literally EVERY other reward level....cause the rest are broken by those standards. This is an argument of consistency here, not so much a discussion on where something "should" or "should not" be according to whoever's opinion.

[FEM]
Members
2,073 posts
17,244 battles
27 minutes ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Then you need to go back and fix literally EVERY other reward level....cause the rest are broken by those standards. This is an argument of consistency here, not so much a discussion on where something "should" or "should not" be according to whoever's opinion.

When they came out with the emblems not really that long ago all things considered, they advertised them as a way to show you excel in a class or nation. So if some of them are too easy that is the issue, not something being too hard, if we are going off how they were advertised upon introduction.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
45 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Dude if the best player in the game for that ship isn't even achieving the emblem's requirements, the emblem's requirements are too high.

Yes, it shouldn't be a "participation prize", but it should be "achieveable by more than 1 person" too.

• Cool 3

[FEM]
Members
2,073 posts
17,244 battles
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

Dude if the best player in the game for that ship isn't even achieving the emblem's requirements, the emblem's requirements are too high.

Yes, it shouldn't be a "participation prize", but it should be "achieveable by more than 1 person" too.

I agree.

[S-N-D]
Banned
3,327 posts
7,738 battles
34 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

When they came out with the emblems not really that long ago all things considered, they advertised them as a way to show you excel in a class or nation. So if some of them are too easy that is the issue, not something being too hard, if we are going off how they were advertised upon introduction.

No one is doing 130k average damage in a CV anymore. 130k damage in a game with a cv is absolute maximum efficiency with no misses or failures allowed. It's fine for a ceiling, it's broken for a 100 game average. 

I see you agree in a later post. Disregard.

Edited by _Caliph_

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,964 battles
4 hours ago, Skuggsja said:

I hate to say it, but I think it's time for an accuracy buff on CVs. I know "I'm wrong, and shut up" but the playerbase that exists now is "jUSt dOdgINg" finally. I'm missing bomb strikes on non moving targets in the center of my reticle even, let alone those that know to move and change course. 

If you are having trouble hitting the target a larger monitor might help. Not buffing a class that needs anything but buffs.

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
433 posts
10,045 battles

what does that data slice like for the other ship classes at tier 10? (curious about where data is pulled from, WOWS site somewhere?)

[RLGN]
Members
14,935 posts
26,442 battles
38 minutes ago, eagle_lance said:

If you are having trouble hitting the target a larger monitor might help. Not buffing a class that needs anything but buffs.

What was never needed was the arffing rework.

As flawed as RTS was, IT WORKED, it was for all intents, settled mechanics.

Adjustments should have been made within that framework, not by reinventing the bloody wheel and knocking the hornet’s nest of carrier hate down out of the tree of the player base.

9 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Since these emblems were intended to be adjusted after the rework had been completed, and since the rework has taken considerably longer than originally intended, naturally they have not been look at just yet.

Oh, my side, you’re so funny, trying to be serious...

• Boring 2

[SFOR]
Beta Testers
433 posts
10,045 battles

Yeah based on Wows stats and numbers site OP has a point, other ship classes top 25 percentile seem to be at elite emblem damage target with wiggle room. I believe damage target for DD is 65k>?? and all DD except Gearing, Shimi and z52 are averaging above this (those three are below!!) Cruisers are also good with only three below 95k damage target (Salem des and Mino!!)

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
27 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Since these emblems were intended to be adjusted after the rework had been completed, and since the rework has taken considerably longer than originally intended, naturally they have not been look at just yet.

Let's be honest here. The game will shut down and the dev team will still be trying to figure out  How Carriers.

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,097 posts
17,188 battles
1 hour ago, Femennenly said:

The original CV emblem requirements were based on the RTS system where those damage levels were (more) obtainable. 

Similarly to the original odd tier CVs and legendary upgrades, we intend to look into the emblem scaling in the future now that the rework is considered complete.

Unfortunately there is not a timeline on this at this stage.

Fem, 

Ah very cool, nice just to know it is on the list.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,806 posts
16,981 battles

Yeah, don't know about anybody else but the USN tech tree line peaks at the Lexington.

I go to T8 in the RN line and I have a feeling T10 isn't much better than T8. That being said the RN line probably peaks at T6 Furious.

Just started the IJN line. It was a lot of fun in lowly T4 until the nerf. Now the Hosho has a torpedo arming distance of the Midway with speed comparable to the Langley's and Hermes torps.(Hermes should have 2 torp drops like the Langley and Hosho in T4 now to balance that out.)

The Ryujo at T6 is fun to play. It is the most OP of the T6 tech tree line CV's. Will grind to the T8 and T10. I figure the Hak is still top CV in the game even after all the nerfs.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,175 battles
2 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I go to T8 in the RN line and I have a feeling T10 isn't much better than T8.

Audacious is my favorite T10 CV.  Not quite the alpha of a well played Midway but seems more flexible.

• Boring 1

[OKAYU]
Beta Testers
163 posts
6,736 battles
10 hours ago, Cpt_RickSchwifty said:

Good job cherrypicking the 1 T10 CV that doesn't go over 130k at the 10% mark. I'm pretty sure the top damage dealers in CV have some pretty high win rates in them as well. 

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1