You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Weekend Spree.

33 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles

I ground a hell of a lot of Twilight Battles. Brought my best Russian captain to within 40,000 CXP of 19 points and made my credits balance look substantially less anaemic than it was. This mode is INSANE for credit and XP grinding, and now that I've unlocked the T8 and T9 infernal camos I feel a lot less pressure to collect Filth.

Unlocked the Angler and Octodroid and found them somewhat disappointing in comparison to the starter ships, especially the Octodroid. The Angler's torps are fantastically fast, but extremely anaemic on the other end; I would rather have the Lancet's ten than the Angler's fifteen. Is there something I'm missing?

I also managed to kill a Pumpkin captain. Haven't done that since the final Corgi event.

Members
465 posts
17,748 battles

I played a lot on the test server on Friday.  The rest of the weekend was spent playing mostly co-op, with some Randoms thrown in.  Researched and purchased the Kagero (T8 IJN DD) on Sunday.  Then played a few co-op games with it to see how it handled versus the T7.  Didn't play any of the Halloween events; wasn't in the mood for some reason. Will work on the 4th directive this week when it is available; other 3 are completed (except for the task with the premium ship requirement, haven't gotten her).

• Boring 1

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

I got back into bed with Atago after over 2 years of avoiding her from a bad initial introduction. 

Turns out that once I actually figured out how to treat a lady she was ready and willing to do everything I asked and more. What a psychopath.

Great concealment, sneaky long range torps and 100% napalm shells helped me finally pull my weight.

Have some major cleaning up to do... sadly I think my WR in her will probably remain low-ish but I’d like to get my damage and XP averages up to par. 

I played quite a few battles over the weekend- and things were the typical win lose win lose win win lose lose lose win... 

Ended up having a 4 shot of pumpkins in one of my matches... 2 DDs and I think it was 2 Helenas all on red.  Juicy except for that I was in an asashio. Ironically that was the battle where I actually got one of the pumpkins (my first even award)... and was surprised to see my bounty awarded by the time I got out of battle. Appreciate that some work was done to make that process mor efficient for pumpkins and for the winners. 

[CRUEL]
Members
557 posts
11,130 battles
30 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I ground a hell of a lot of Twilight Battles. Brought my best Russian captain to within 40,000 CXP of 19 points and made my credits balance look substantially less anaemic than it was. This mode is INSANE for credit and XP grinding, and now that I've unlocked the T8 and T9 infernal camos I feel a lot less pressure to collect Filth.

Unlocked the Angler and Octodroid and found them somewhat disappointing in comparison to the starter ships, especially the Octodroid. The Angler's torps are fantastically fast, but extremely anaemic on the other end; I would rather have the Lancet's ten than the Angler's fifteen. Is there something I'm missing?

I also managed to kill a Pumpkin captain. Haven't done that since the final Corgi event.

Anglers bluffs when you have your teammates near by gives the ship an edge. Especially when you get all 10 hp regen bluffs. Almost makes you invincible to guns. I like the mutanvosk's speed the best though. I'm with you on the grind. Grinded tier 8 and 9 camo. 8k per bundle in tier 10 seems daunting though. 

Edited by Darmokattenagra

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles
3 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

sadly I think my WR in her will probably remain low-ish but I’d like to get my damage and XP averages up to par. 

Don't be ruled by your stats. That way lies madness.

13 minutes ago, chrisope said:

I played a lot on the test server on Friday. 

I dabbled on Saturday night. Last year I got the Hatsuharu as one of the T6 unlocks in the Prinz Eitel Friedrich event, so I chose to play the Minekaze in PTS because I'd managed to skip that entire grind and wanted to see what I had missed. I was very thankful that I did. She sucks leprous chihuahua gonads.

4 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

Especially when you get all 10 hp regen bluffs.

Alas, I seemed to be getting just about everything else. Unfortunately my two accompanying ships chose NOT to stay close - one of them wandered far away - and the other one got smacked hard by an angry bot Crocosaur. By the time I had the buff, I was in no mood to use it; I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

Once I let go the need to grind for Filth and just concentrate on farming captain XP, I was surprised by how much filth I actually brought home across multiple battles. Got the first T10 bundle because it had 10K ECXP in it and that's a significant slice of what I have left to grind for that 19pointer, and we'll see what the situation is looking like by the time this is over. However, with plenty of things to do that can't be done in Twilight battles, there may be some priorities that need sorting out. With not less than 410 tokens coming to me from finishing the fourth directive alone (250 from completion, 20 x 8 from the tasks I need to do to complete it) and what I can get from Dailies, I'll probably have seven shots at the Genova by the time this is over. If the free tokens I can earn are enough to unmask her but not to buy her, it will be economical to buy 1-2 crates to finish that off. Any more than three and  it's cheaper just to buy the ship.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,901 battles

Finally found some joy with the Italian cruiser line after unlocking Zara.  She's a very solid ship, however, takes a lot of patience and understanding to get her to perform.  Miles better than Montecuccoli or Genova, for sure (even if that isn't saying much).  Zara just seems to really fit my cruiser playstyle (somehow I'm statistically good in all the Italian ships so far, despite my early misgivings).

More than any other cruiser line in the game, these new Italian cruisers need a lot of time to accumulate damage.  They simply lack meaningful sudden impact ability due to the lack of ability in starting fires and the relatively anemic torpedoes.  But SAP can be very strong in the right situations and the torpedoes come back online pretty quickly for extra spam.

While I still think the mid-tier entries need some love, if Zara is any indication of what the rest of the line holds, I think I'm gonna enjoy them very nicely.

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,337 posts
14,263 battles

Played some clan battles which is always a good time, and also a few ransoms for naval battles.  I finished the T9 Halloween event and 3 or 4 of the t10. While it is a lot of filth i enjoy the mode enough it doesn’t feel grindy, at least not yet. Planning to run as much filth as I can this week as clan battles, rank battles, and naval battles will start to occupy a very high percentage of my game time soon and I’d like that T10 filthy camo and coal

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,135 battles

Weekend = Boatload of Frustration.

For whatever reason the entire clan decided to take the weekend off. We lost out Naval Battle match up 11 to 10. Yup I ran the 10 up alone late Sunday evening.

On the bright side gathered enough filth to get the T8 cammo and unlocked the Yamato clone.

Unlocked the Jutland but not enjoying it as much as the Lightning. 

Outside of it enjoyed being part of the teams being steamrolled to losses game after game. I mean it was so good to experience:

1. Yamato who thought he was a Conq, spamming HE from the back of the map, even against the cruiser who eventually rushed in and torped him to death at the end of the game.
  2. The NC player who ran from his spawn point to the opposite end of the map to hid behind his special island waifu, then complain about lack of support when the dd hiding behind said island torped him to death.
  3. The Kagero who wouldn't get forward to spot in a non cv/1 radar ship game because the enemy Minsk would see him and kill him.

Yup this was a blast weekend and those are just a sample.

[B2P]
Members
13,459 posts
40,285 battles

I stopped playing. Every game is a crappy collapse. I can't win two games in a row. My performance is horribad. Even when I perform well, the team collapses around me. The decline in the quality of play is palpable. Gonna take a break for a while from the game, and this weekend pretty much confirmed it.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
15,756 posts
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

The Octodriod and Angler are team support ships with a basic attack. If you have a coordinated team, you can send in a Crocosaur to fight Rasputin alone and have an Angler running around the outside of the swarm at stealth range sending in torps and giving the team a buff with each additional kill while the Octodroid keeps shooting healing shells at the Crocosaur and sending global healing bursts. In role-playing games the Octodroid is the Priest, who stands outside the battle and keeps he party in good health and, like the US Army medic, its guns are more for defense than offense.

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOOKY]
[WOOKY]
Members
684 posts
13,582 battles

Got the Minotaur yesterday :cap_rambo:

Collected a lot of filth. Got the T8 camo on box 15 and got the T9 camo on box 5. Currently working box 3 of the T10 grind.

Skipped CBs as it's just too hard to get in a match right now. 

[AAA]
Members
816 posts
20,135 battles
6 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

I stopped playing. Every game is a crappy collapse. I can't win two games in a row. My performance is horribad. Even when I perform well, the team collapses around me. The decline in the quality of play is palpable. Gonna take a break for a while from the game, and this weekend pretty much confirmed it.

Sorry to hear that. But you are 100% correct, its pretty obvious usually within the first 30 seconds how badly the game is going to go. I just scan the nearby teammates and if most don't even have cammo equipped on premium ships I just get a sinking feeling.

Contemplating taking a break from randoms completely myself.

If ever you do decide to log in, hit me up if I'm online, don't mind running some co-ops just to feed the need to shoot my pixel botes.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
13,428 posts
12,860 battles

Couldn't play much (stinking kids).

Finished the mission for the Monte.  Thing makes the Genova seem OP.  Only having two (weak) torps per side, plus no fires, plus slow reload makes dealing with a BB "interesting".

[INTEL]
Members
3,474 posts
20,558 battles

Had a mildly successful weekend and oddly enough, in games I tend to be weaker in.  Solo and high tier was good to me while Division and high tier was break even.  Div'd up with a couple of different people in mid-tier and had some really good battles including a 6-kill. 

Overall, I played fewer Randoms than usual and went into the filth to farm EXP.  It was mostly mindless repetition with the most interesting battles coming with people breaking truces.  In two battles a Rust division attacked my solo Croc and paid the ultimate price for it.  Except for some Rasputin hauls, those two battles netted me the most filth.

The hilariously fun battle was with a Clanmate where we camped outside of the portal in a Croc and a Scorpiod.  The bot DD's relentlessly attacked us and would come in and ram us.  We just sat still outside the portal.  We survived easily by alternating heals and invulnerability.  I ended that battle with 14 kills.

unknown.png?width=1384&height=609

Edited by ClassicLib

[RCNW3]
Members
1,974 posts
22,590 battles

Did not play a lot. Got through the regrind on the Edinburgh, now up to the very long regrind on the Neptune.  Good ship, but reminds you that if you are going to regrind, do it in a line you enjoy, because tiers 7/8/9 do take awhile... first battle 18k experience down, +220k left....

For the most part, do not complain much about weekend games, but this weekend was just awful.  Not sure if most of the players who know what they were doing were in clan battles or just harvesting filth.  Had just terrible teammates, seemed to be bottom tier on every game.  While I avoid most comments in chat unless complementary,  in three games made some choice comments on the performance of my teammates.  

[-BMV-]
Members
579 posts
21,615 battles

Played 13 games yesterday, managed to barely win 6. Horrible teams. Finally finished the token grind for Zara's cammo. Sigh, im so tired, pissed off, disappointed. I really want to punch something (im very calm but this weekend was horrendously frustrating). When will  CV players learn to prioritize dds and low AA ships?. When will BBs stop firing HE at broadside Cruisers?, when will dirty Smolensk/Smolensk/Worcester divs end?.

I need to take a break, but the only thing stopping me is my remaining 165 days of premium. However this weekend has seriously made me consider to quit this game altogether.

Hopefully for others, the weekend was better.

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles
1 minute ago, Sidelock said:

I need to take a break, but the only thing stopping me is my remaining 165 days of premium. However this weekend has seriously made me consider to quit this game altogether.

Co-op is a very good place to chill if you want to play the game with a motivatingly-high win rate. 

2 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

When will  CV players learn to prioritize dds and low AA ships?

When they learn that the lie about bottomless plane reserves is just that.

2 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

When will BBs stop firing HE at broadside Cruisers?

When they don't have module-breaking directive missions that make it more profitable to them to get splash damage.

3 minutes ago, Sidelock said:

when will dirty Smolensk/Smolensk/Worcester divs end?.

When Triple-Flint or Triple Atlanta divs (at T7) and Triple St Louis divs (at T3) do. 

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,634 posts
16,884 battles

Bagged an Event Corgi for the first time... otherwise just Raided the Filth and played CB.

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Don't be ruled by your stats. That way lies madness.

Hmmm, I think I know what you're saying here but frankly monitoring improvement in metrics I have some measure of control over is the only real gratification I get out of this game anymore. 

[BEA5T]
Members
5,506 posts
26,121 battles

Well @Ensign_Cthulhu, I played one Random match Friday and actually saw a Pumpkin ship (+2 above my ship and was routinely destroyed....)  The Clan is playing randoms so I'm just playing the 19 point Ships in COOP.   The Randoms were all stomps and I figured they'd "give it up" by now.  Nope.  Took two firsts and a third at a LR match Saturday.  Spent Sunday with one run through COOP with my 19 pointers and called it a day......  Now, about half way through Directive 4 and waiting for some Blue Ocean opportunities in this game.  Otherwise, back to maintenance mode in COOP.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,260 posts
18,849 battles

Weekend was fun. No progress made at all. Spent all my game time as pumpkin 110. 

[ARGSY]
Members
25,680 posts
19,754 battles
5 minutes ago, _ENO_ said:

Hmmm, I think I know what you're saying here but frankly monitoring improvement in metrics I have some measure of control over is the only real gratification I get out of this game anymore. 

And I know where you're coming from, but if I tried to do that I'd get f'd over by performance pressure. I'm here to blow things up while not making too many horrific mistakes, and for the most part co-op and operations (or special events) does that for me very well. I go back into Randoms when I'm good and ready, and that keeps me from getting too frustrated.

1 minute ago, paradat said:

Spent all my game time as pumpkin 110. 

If I could reliably block out the time to be in the game for others to sink, I'd do that. I believe you guys got access to ships most others would only dream of. But RL does not allow. Being a Pumpkin (or what have you) for a weekend would be worth losing progress, though.

17 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Bagged an Event Corgi for the first time...

Except the Corgis are Pumpkins now. Wake up, Cinderella, it was midnight ages ago!  :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
13,260 posts
18,849 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If I could reliably block out the time to be in the game for others to sink, I'd do that. I believe you guys got access to ships most others would only dream of. But RL does not allow. Being a Pumpkin (or what have you) for a weekend would be worth losing progress, though.

Yeah the port was very generous. We had all the tech tree ships and all the prem ships but none of the speacial ships. So my own port is better but I did get the chance to play the Death Pickle so that was a real treat!

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,916 battles

Started off ok, win/lose/win then 7 game losing streak..Then got in a 2 player div for 2 battles, lost two more. Got in a 3 player div, won 2 out of 5 I think. Went back solo won 4 in a row. Overall more loses than wins, some of the gameplay was unbelievably bad. Lots of friendly fire, ramming, AFK etc. Finally turned around for me late Sunday night/Monday morning when all the kids and weekend warriors went to bed. All 4 wins in a row where somewhat close, could have gone either way 3/4 through them. Learning you just have to laugh at bad game play, not worry about stats, otherwise you will go bald.

Also played a game in my Fiji, have not played her in a while after a 20 plus game losing streak in her. Won!