Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Efros

Strange Very Fast Shell

25 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
1,733 posts
25,923 battles

This happened to me yesterday while in my Lightning, I have seen it before but this was the first time I remembered to digout the replay. I was sitting in smoke and initially got kinda beat up until my detection went away. Then out of the blue two exceedingly fast shells came from the Henri IV and took 1100 off my health. All while undetected in smoke, something weird going on here.

Members
1,872 posts

You were lagging. That's a clear example of a server/client  de-sync issue and completely normal considering.

Notice how your ping was -35?

If the problem persists, start diagnosing latency issues with your home network, modem, router, ISP, PC, etc, etc.

Edited by ElectroVeeDub
  • Boring 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,687 posts
19,824 battles

^ Can confirm.

• Boring 1

[HINON]
Members
13,705 posts
29 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

You were lagging. That's a clear example of a server/client  de-sync issue and completely normal considering.

Notice how your ping was -35?

If the problem persists, start diagnosing latency issues with your home network, modem, router, ISP, PC, etc, etc.

Replays always show that for ping.

[TX]
Members
1,101 posts
19,559 battles

Is not lag

Sometimes you get hit (expecially in smoke) by some strange hiperfast bullets.

Is rare but happens.

Is a bot magic.

Op is right

• Cool 1

Members
1,872 posts
1 minute ago, RipNuN2 said:

Replays always show that for ping.

Regardless... experienced players will recognize it as a latency issue no matter how replays work.

I see ping spikes at times using wi-fi. The ping indicator will stay at -35 for a period of time. The game will freeze for a moment then "fast forward" as the client tries to sync with the server. It's more pronounced on CV's.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,733 posts
25,923 battles

Erm no nothing to do with, lag. I am quite experienced and I know what lag is and this is not that.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,733 posts
25,923 battles
22 minutes ago, turbo07 said:

Please provide WGCheck report and replay of the battle via ticket. And then send the ID of the ticket to me via PM. We would greatly appreciate this. 
We had some reports about this issue recently in this topic, but still I don't see any evidence which we can use.

Thank you in advance. 

Ok will do so when I get home from work today.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,390 posts
4,198 battles

At first I thought it must have been someone behind the Henri, but nope, the Benson had moved. Also, slowing down the replay clearly shows those shells came from the Henri. What I think happened is that he was shooting at the Bismark behind you, and was close enough that one of the shells clipped you. The 1122 damage is 33% damage. The shell speed is a bit odd, I did the math, and came up with 11000 m/s which is ridiculous until I realized that distance is changed in game, while time is not. So I think it's just an odd camera angle that makes the shells going by you appear a bit faster than usual. I think since the Henri was locked onto someone else, the shells were visually a bit faster as they moved by you, but one of them actually hit you. I think it's basically the same issue when shells appear to clear an island and hit a target, but actually hit the island. Basically desync between the visual rendering and actual shell trajectories.

[CO-OP]
Members
1,733 posts
25,923 battles
Hello.

We apologize for any inconvenience this can cause.

Information about this issue has been sent to the developers.

Thank you for contacting customer service and wanting to help our project.
Best regards,

Apparently this is solved, well at least someone is looking at it.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,243 posts
9,683 battles

Here is my experience, the shells you see arching towards me are the same DD shells that later hit me in the rudder.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,292 posts

I have a replay of this happening that I'll extract some screenshots from later and send in. 

It's become a semi-regular occurrence at this point.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,733 posts
25,923 battles

Just resurrecting this as it seems to be becoming more frequent.

[PVE]
Members
12,524 posts
26,085 battles

Happens all the time when you smoke up or just go undetected. I actually look for it to happen as they usually hit and do a lot of damage. Always 9 bazillion mph as well.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,292 posts

They look like hypersonic railgun shots, and usually come in WELL after you've been smoked up, sometimes 30 seconds later.

I sent in a ticket, and I was told "this is just a shot that was fired before you smoked up", as if they didn't even watch the replay.

[PVE]
Members
12,524 posts
26,085 battles
31 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

They look like hypersonic railgun shots, and usually come in WELL after you've been smoked up, sometimes 30 seconds later.

I sent in a ticket, and I was told "this is just a shot that was fired before you smoked up", as if they didn't even watch the replay.

Yeah, it is why I don't bother reporting it. The just dismiss it, like so many other things, as if we are too stupid to understand and all is working as intended. 

These shots are about 100X the speed of a regular shot. It is NOT something that was fired before we smoked. It is fired after smoke or going undetected. They suddenly get a pot shot off at super sonic speed for a fire, busted engine, good damage, etc...

[CO-OP]
Members
1,733 posts
25,923 battles

The original vid in this thread shows that I was undetected when the shot was fired, so their argument is [edited]. Admittedly the ship may have been shooting at the Bismarck behind me but that speed of flight is complete nonsense. Happened to me today in a Lightning IIRC, took out my steering, again while not spotted but nothing behind me this time.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,243 posts
9,683 battles

Bots tend to fire off their salvo upon detecting an enemy ship in their gun range regardless of where their guns are pointed at.

Then the bug of hyperdrive shells kicks in from the bots firing off their salvo immediately.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,292 posts
3 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Bots tend to fire off their salvo upon detecting an enemy ship in their gun range regardless of where their guns are pointed at.

Then the bug of hyperdrive shells kicks in from the bots firing off their salvo immediately.

Under that scenario, this is happening all the time, it's just that occasionally one of us is randomly in the wrong place at the wrong time.

[VN]
Members
238 posts
6,211 battles

That bot was less than 5km away so maybe proxy spotted you in the smoke, but it still doesn't explain the rail gun launched shells. lol

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,292 posts
On ‎3‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 8:48 PM, Ericmopar said:

That bot was less than 5km away so maybe proxy spotted you in the smoke, but it still doesn't explain the rail gun launched shells. lol

When I've seen this happen, range hasn't mattered and the "spotted" icon was not showing.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,243 posts
9,683 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

When I've seen this happen, range hasn't mattered and the "spotted" icon was not showing.

Can confirm as I was aiming at a bot Henri IV more than 20km away and saw its 240mm shell go light speed towards whatever poor soul was on the receiving end if it hits.

Sign in to follow this