You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Full Pumpkin Event Statistics

45 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts

The Pumpkin bounty event officially ended 15 minutes ago.

Full Pumpkin Event statistics are available here.

All values are from the WG API.

You are free to check my work. Please leave suggestions and feedback! Thanks!

For limited past event statistics, see here.

To share your experiences hunting pumpkins, or as a pumpkin, please share here!

Thank you all for the fun times!

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 11

Members
1,872 posts

That's alot of doubloons handed out when you do the math.

I sunk one Pumpkin. I was surprised that I was instantaneously awarded doubloons in port at the end of the match, complete with a pop-up window and all.

Is that new? I don't ever recall sinking an event ship paying out so quickly?

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,976 battles
14 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I sunk one Pumpkin. I was surprised that I was instantaneously awarded doubloons in port at the end of the match, complete with a pop-up window and all.

Yes, it was new - and a super handy addition so the Pumpkins didnt have to take screenshots and add them manually to lists etc. 

It didnt quite always work though - seems there was a bit of a problem awarding it to CVs who killed a pumpkin after their ship had died (ie, a Flesh Wound award).  

But otherwise, a huge improvement!

Members
1,872 posts
10 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Yes, it was new - and a super handy addition so the Pumpkins didnt have to take screenshots and add them manually to lists etc. 

It didnt quite always work though - seems there was a bit of a problem awarding it to CVs who killed a pumpkin after their ship had died (ie, a Flesh Wound award).  

Well... that's a seriously awesome improvement...!

Good job WG! :)

I'm sure all participants at both ends appreciate the feature. No more "I killed an event ship, wheres my stuff?" threads on the forums....

Edited by ElectroVeeDub

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
11 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Well... that's a seriously awesome improvement...!

Good job WG! :)

I'm sure all participants at both ends appreciate the feature. No more "I killed an event ship, wheres my stuff?" threads on the forums....

@UltimateNewbie is partially correct. This feature was implemented for the last event as well (Marauders), although there were a few bugs with it as well.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
1,212 posts
16,540 battles
45 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Also, it broke and stopped auto-awarding the prizes a day early.

[FML]
Members
4,091 posts
15,976 battles
2 minutes ago, grumpymunky said:

Also, it broke and stopped auto-awarding the prizes a day early.

Look, not everything can be perfect :p

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,689 posts
7,094 battles

My Pumpkin RNG was godlike this weekend.  I sunk 4  Probably saw more in game in this event than in any before it?     Highlight being a 3 citadel dev strike on a Pumpkin piloted Georgia with my first shot of a match  in an Iowa from 25km!     However I'm not sure I was awarded the one from Yesterday or not?  Just don;t pay that much attention to my totals in port, but the prompt never came up?     

[AAA]
Members
168 posts
18,926 battles

I saw 4 pumpkins this weekend, which seems to be a vast improvement over other events. Hoping to be able to sink one of these event players one day to reap the rewards. 

[WORX]
Members
11,451 posts
19,196 battles
5 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

s that new? I don't ever recall sinking an event ship paying out so quickly?

It debuted last year this is the second or third event with that feature....

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
12 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

The Pumpkin bounty event officially ended 15 minutes ago.

Full Pumpkin Event statistics are available here.

All values are from the WG API.

You are free to check my work. Please leave suggestions and feedback! Thanks!

For limited past event statistics, see here.

To share your experiences hunting pumpkins, or as a pumpkin, please share here!

Thank you all for the fun times!

@chs4000 @Karandar @TxCowboy1 @db4100 @Davidus @DiggerTom

I think you guys requested access to the stat spreadsheet via email? (I might be wrong. I couldn't guess who all of you were.)

Final event stats are linked above. I moved the spreadsheet around to a folder where I keep stats for all other events. (The original is now deleted because I felt like uploading a new Google Docs instead of copy pasting.)

Was fun playing with you all! Feel free to message me about div'ing!

• Cool 2

[DPG]
Supertester
705 posts
17,243 battles

Fantastic tool to keep us all motivated and help recognize the hard core contributors. 

A great weekend event all around, well done volunteers

Good Hunting to you all

Kar

[DPG]
Supertester
705 posts
17,243 battles
7 hours ago, iRA6E said:

My Pumpkin RNG was godlike this weekend.  I sunk 4  Probably saw more in game in this event than in any before it?     Highlight being a 3 citadel dev strike on a Pumpkin piloted Georgia with my first shot of a match  in an Iowa from 25km!     However I'm not sure I was awarded the one from Yesterday or not?  Just don;t pay that much attention to my totals in port, but the prompt never came up?     

Will be awarded by Nov 8th...the early kills were instantly paid out, but that system stopped working, so the payouts are coming for the last half in the next few days

Edited by Karandar

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles
7 hours ago, iRA6E said:

However I'm not sure I was awarded the one from Yesterday or not?  Just don;t pay that much attention to my totals in port, but the prompt never came up? 

We had a small issue with automatic rewards in the last 24 hours of the event. 

We will be manually crediting rewards for these sinkings later in the week when we have pulled the data.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,097 posts
17,188 battles

Nice work. Event was fun would participate again.

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles

55% win rate for the pumkpins...wonder which team is going to jump on that stat.

Will it be...#TEAMEVENTFOLKSALWAYSYOLO

or

Will it be...#TEAMMYTEAMALWAYSYOLOSANDDIESFORTHEPRIZE

Place your bets.

Only 14 pumpkins that didn't meet the 10 battle requirement.  Not bad at all.  GJ all involved.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,072 posts
15,091 battles

Was a pumpkin, first time for me to do something like this, and was a very enjoyable event.  I did end up shooting my fellow pumpkin one game, just got so focused on the ship, not the name, lol, but I do read chat in game, so I saw his frantic messages..lol....another game sailed right by the bad guy pumpkin, we saw each other right off....everyone was like "why are you guys not shooting each other!@"...funny.  One game we had 3 pumpkins one side and the pumpkins dominated, we all survived and were like 2,3 and 4th place....nice to give the pumpkins a good name on that game.   Well run event and was very fun to play some ships I didn't own like the Bayard-BEAST and the Abruzzi...also BEAST...really have to get my hands on those some day... Shout out to @henrychenhenry... BEAST spreadsheet

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,689 posts
7,094 battles
39 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

We had a small issue with automatic rewards in the last 24 hours of the event. 

We will be manually crediting rewards for these sinkings later in the week when we have pulled the data.

Fem, 

Thanks.....   Had a feeling it didn't?  

[MINVY]
[MINVY]
Members
760 posts
7,022 battles

In general felt like best one yet. Very little accidental targeting red pumpkins early in match (myself included.) Easy to get bino vision when I get excited followed by whoops! Sorry. Lol. Hope everyone had fun. 

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,806 posts
16,981 battles

I got two. Helped pay for my port slot I bought after giving up on grinding the Hosho post nerf and free XP'd to the Ryujo. The Hosho torps have a arming range reminiscent of the Midway and speed of the Hermes now.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,188 posts
14,754 battles
13 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

13 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

It isn't new but it actually worked as advertised until it shut down early this time around. I figure that in the next event they won't have any issues with it.

[833]
Members
61 posts
8,301 battles

Pumpkin here!  I just wanna say i found this whole experience incredibly fun, and rewarding! met a lot of great people and played alot of great games.  By statistics, i think this was a resounding success! average-based rewards seems to be working great as a system, along with scheduling. (my time was more limited, sadly)  but as for a participant i felt like i had plenty of flex room and plenty of time to enjoy it as i wanted, as well as help folks earn some of that sweet sweet swag!

So, TL;DR:  had an amazing time, amazing gameplay moments, and amazing people.   10/10, I'd do it all again!   Thank you to Femennenly and the crew for their work on hosting and their fantastic management, and to WG for hosting.

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
17 hours ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

Actually, I do need to add a disclaimer. Some pumpkins were killed by event accounts (other pumpkins) and not by personal accounts. I cannot identify all instances.

Therefore, fewer doubloons were payed out to players than the spreadsheet suggests.

12 hours ago, iRA6E said:

My Pumpkin RNG was godlike this weekend.  I sunk 4

Great to hear!

12 hours ago, xXUglykidXx said:

I saw 4 pumpkins this weekend, which seems to be a vast improvement over other events. Hoping to be able to sink one of these event players one day to reap the rewards. 

There were more battles played this event than during any other 3 day bounty event. Good luck sinking an event player in the future!

12 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Made it to the top 10 of the must games played...

WOW! Did you have fun during the process?

5 hours ago, Karandar said:

Fantastic tool to keep us all motivated and help recognize the hard core contributors. 

A great weekend event all around, well done volunteers

Good Hunting to you all

Kar

Glad to hear you had a great weekend! Good hunting to you as well!

5 hours ago, paradat said:

Nice work. Event was fun would participate again.

:)

5 hours ago, Old_Baldy_One said:

55% win rate for the pumkpins...wonder which team is going to jump on that stat.

Will it be...#TEAMEVENTFOLKSALWAYSYOLO

or

Will it be...#TEAMMYTEAMALWAYSYOLOSANDDIESFORTHEPRIZE

Place your bets.

Only 14 pumpkins that didn't meet the 10 battle requirement.  Not bad at all.  GJ all involved.

I pointed this out for past events in a forum post before. Didn't get much attention. Anyways, this is a nice to know type thing. Glad you realized! :)

5 hours ago, Morpheous said:

Was a pumpkin, first time for me to do something like this, and was a very enjoyable event.  I did end up shooting my fellow pumpkin one game, just got so focused on the ship, not the name, lol, but I do read chat in game, so I saw his frantic messages..lol....another game sailed right by the bad guy pumpkin, we saw each other right off....everyone was like "why are you guys not shooting each other!@"...funny.  One game we had 3 pumpkins one side and the pumpkins dominated, we all survived and were like 2,3 and 4th place....nice to give the pumpkins a good name on that game.   Well run event and was very fun to play some ships I didn't own like the Bayard-BEAST and the Abruzzi...also BEAST...really have to get my hands on those some day... Shout out to @henrychenhenry... BEAST spreadsheet

Thanks @Morpheous! Happy to hear about your happy experiences as well. The occasional Pumpkin-on-Pumpkin fire is fine if it isn't on purpose (which this wasn't). The spreadsheet is more than just about bumping the average. Lots more stats than just number of battles.

4 hours ago, Capn_Nugget said:

In general felt like best one yet. Very little accidental targeting red pumpkins early in match (myself included.) Easy to get bino vision when I get excited followed by whoops! Sorry. Lol. Hope everyone had fun. 

Yes! I agree. Best one yet. Great group of assistant pumpkins you have there, @Femennenly!

4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

I got two. Helped pay for my port slot I bought after giving up on grinding the Hosho post nerf and free XP'd to the Ryujo. The Hosho torps have a arming range reminiscent of the Midway and speed of the Hermes now.

Didn't wait for a port slot discount?

1 hour ago, Cyberwasp35 said:

Pumpkin here!  I just wanna say i found this whole experience incredibly fun, and rewarding! met a lot of great people and played alot of great games.  By statistics, i think this was a resounding success! average-based rewards seems to be working great as a system, along with scheduling. (my time was more limited, sadly)  but as for a participant i felt like i had plenty of flex room and plenty of time to enjoy it as i wanted, as well as help folks earn some of that sweet sweet swag!

So, TL;DR:  had an amazing time, amazing gameplay moments, and amazing people.   10/10, I'd do it all again!   Thank you to Femennenly and the crew for their work on hosting and their fantastic management, and to WG for hosting.

Great to hear about your 10/10 experience!

• Cool 2