Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

10 vs 10...T1-T10 nation vs nation format idea

15 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles

Just an idea I had for KoTS type battle mode.

Each team must choose a nation (they can switch nations each battle as they desire or be required to stick w/1 nation throughout...up to event organizers...which I am not much of 1. The same nation throughout option seems like a good opportunity to test out which nations have the best "overall" lineups...maybe test out that RU bias theory once & for all) & each team consists of 1 ship from each tier (for of course a total of 10 ships per team). Was thinking along the lines of a tech tree only type format to see which nation's tree ships would rule the day...premium options again up to organizers.

Players can choose any ship type from each tier (-: bonus points for pulling off a complete season*** only PA DDs...or not :-)

***Defining parameters of "season" also up to individual event organizers...I'm just not organized enough to figure out these definitions.

The only stable requirements are 1 of each tier ship & all ships from same nation each battle.

Presently of course this can only be run in training room but maybe in future have a special mode for it.

Organizers can choose whether to make it same clan members or free for all open to any 10 player teams.

Of course to really spice it up waiting for subs might be in order but in the meantime just a practice session w/the existing ships might be fun to watch.

As I stated at the beginning...just an idea I had...any thoughts &/or suggestions? (BTW...all salty thoughts or suggestions are also welcome as I don't have thin skin & some snide comment might hold an unintentional pearl of wisdom some organizer can use...you never know).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Just an idea I had for KoTS type battle mode.

Each team must choose a nation (they can switch nations each battle as they desire or be required to stick w/1 nation throughout...up to event organizers...which I am not much of 1. The same nation throughout option seems like a good opportunity to test out which nations have the best "overall" lineups...maybe test out that RU bias theory once & for all) & each team consists of 1 ship from each tier (for of course a total of 10 ships per team). Was thinking along the lines of a tech tree only type format to see which nation's tree ships would rule the day...premium options again up to organizers.

Players can choose any ship type from each tier (-: bonus points for pulling off a complete season*** only PA DDs...or not :-)

***Defining parameters of "season" also up to individual event organizers...I'm just not organized enough to figure out these definitions.

The only stable requirements are 1 of each tier ship & all ships from same nation each battle.

Presently of course this can only be run in training room but maybe in future have a special mode for it.

Organizers can choose whether to make it same clan members or free for all open to any 10 player teams.

Of course to really spice it up waiting for subs might be in order but in the meantime just a practice session w/the existing ships might be fun to watch.

As I stated at the beginning...just an idea I had...any thoughts &/or suggestions? (BTW...all salty thoughts or suggestions are also welcome as I don't have thin skin & some snide comment might hold an unintentional pearl of wisdom some organizer can use...you never know).

Believe similar ideas have been suggested in the past to no avail. I think some years back I had suggested Allied VS Axis game mode for example.

• Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,306 posts
6,136 battles
54 minutes ago, Vaffu said:

Believe similar ideas have been suggested in the past to no avail. I think some years back I had suggested Allied VS Axis game mode for example.

The game is not "set" for that.
ideally, we should have the Axis fleets with "real" ships, ex Littorio, Vittorio Veneto, Roma class, Bismarck, Tirpitz class, etc ships, and please all different ships, a WW1/WW2 scenario with 2 Tirpitz, 3 Yamatos, etc is well, not a WW1/WW2 scenario.
WW1/WW2 battles weren't "match maked"...
The only way to organize that, I guess, would be to have players queuing for let's say... Regia Marina/Royal Navy "Matapan", IJN/USN "Santa Cruz", etc and they would be allocated one of the battle's ship (depending on their skills?). Victory? Forces were asymmetrical but goals too. Battle of Coral Sea? "IJN victory is capturing Port Moresby", etc
Lot's of "battles" included transport ships, ex Battle of the Atlantic both WW1 and WW2, Soviet retreat in the Baltic WW2 1941, etc
Other battles were "amphibious" operations, Dardanelles to Okinawa, etc
Ok, this is for "scenarios"...

After, it is possible to simply have something like Axis vs Allied battles, queuing for an IJN vs USN, IJN vs RN, RN vs RM, RN vs KM and so on.
Or simply Axis vs Allied. A mix of Yamato/Bismarck/Littorio vs Nelson/Missouri/Kremlin(?).

It would be simply another game.

[TRIST]
Members
413 posts
4,412 battles

I mean, sometimes they have those events commemorating historical battles, so why not take it a step further and have a new mode where you can only use ships built in real life and when you queue, it would put you on a team with either the same nation or faction.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,698 posts
7,104 battles

Paper Navy every time for the win!   

[PVE]
Members
4,680 posts
20,648 battles
5 hours ago, Vaffu said:

Yes, there have been several in my limited time in-game.....   I seriously doubt our host would ever do this though: they are too busy trying to drive off the mature player base whom thrive on history and historic battles...!!!  We'll see even more gimmick modes before we'll ever see a serious "historic mode of play."   The Axis versus the Allies was a great idea then and it a great idea today !  And that, is the Kiss of Death....

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
6 hours ago, Vaffu said:

(-: Sorry...quoted this before I thanked you all for commenting...

Thank to all that commented :-)

This wouldn't be like that (kinda similar though) in that Axis can battle Axis & Ally can battle Ally. (-: but not "Ally can battle Ally" in  TK type of way :-)

5 hours ago, Xanshin said:

RN triumverate of evil ftw... daring, conq, and mino.

Only 1 ship/tier in my suggestion...but that would be a pretty brutal T10 only trio.

1 hour ago, Asym_KS said:

Yes, there have been several in my limited time in-game.....   I seriously doubt our host would ever do this though: they are too busy trying to drive off the mature player base whom thrive on history and historic battles...!!!  We'll see even more gimmick modes before we'll ever see a serious "historic mode of play."   The Axis versus the Allies was a great idea then and it a great idea today !  And that, is the Kiss of Death....

5 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

It would be simply another game

2 hours ago, Cheeezzy said:

I mean, sometimes they have those events commemorating historical battles, so why not take it a step further and have a new mode where you can only use ships built in real life and when you queue, it would put you on a team with either the same nation or faction.

Another game was all I was going for...I wasn't suggesting anything historical. I'm not opposed to historical scenario/mode suggestions but not the intention in this thread (while typing this out I realized the main idea I had was just for a battle idea w/1 ship from each tier on each team...the nation specific thing isn't really necessary...just had a "Russian bias" thread I was mentally dwelling on right before it that made me alter my original thought into a "test the RU bias theory" thread at the same time). 

I wasn't going for anything random either...it would need to be an organized team vs team set up...especially as so few players play low tier ships (& for the ones that do on a regular basis the last thing they want is high tier ships in their battles) filling a T1-T10 queue for 2 teams at a time would be impossible for just 1 battle.

Also I wasn't trying to dump this in WGs lap but suggesting it for a King of the Seas type scenario...at the very least for testing w/WG maybe (very unlikely though) implementing in the future if popularity for it takes...but always as a team based situation...you would need like minded individuals on each team for something like this to not be just a waste of queue time.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,785 posts
9,354 battles
2 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

The Axis versus the Allies was a great idea then and it a great idea today ! 

Only if, as someone suggested, they were based on a scenario, and the ship rosters were pre-made, with players randomly assigned.

You need the first, otherwise people are just going to queue up the best ship of each nation, according to the meta. (IOW, if the DDs of that side are "meh", nobody will queue up in them)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,680 posts
20,648 battles
21 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Only if, as someone suggested, they were based on a scenario, and the ship rosters were pre-made, with players randomly assigned.

You need the first, otherwise people are just going to queue up the best ship of each nation, according to the meta. (IOW, if the DDs of that side are "meh", nobody will queue up in them)

Again, I agree !  But, imagine how much fun it would be if we were forced out of the meta......  The scenarios are endless from history in a lot of Oceans and Seas to choose from !  I'd love to see a North Atlantic battle mode where there are subs, transport and DD/CL's (since we don't have CE's) protecting the convoy......   There are a lot of good, history based ideas I've heard over the past two years......a lot of money making ideas.....

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
19 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

russian will win, just check the NA vs EU final :

That was a T10 only scenario...my idea requires those that choose the RU (as all other nations) to need a ship from each tier...& (as w/all other tiers) only 1 T10 allowed.

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
1 hour ago, Skpstr said:

Never thought about that before but the recent US Johnson proposals seems like a good example for it...who would choose to be the US in such an unbalanced scenario taking the games parameters into consideration?

That was a heroic feat in history based on circumstances...probably wouldn't play out so well in a same ship on ship battle in the game.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLFG]
Members
30,785 posts
9,354 battles
4 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Never thought about that before but the recent US Johnson proposals seems like a good example for it...who would choose to be the US in such an unbalanced scenario taking the games parameters into consideration?

Exactly. The WoT historical battles had a similar issue with Russian vs. German.

What I would do is adjust victory conditions and rewards, so that no matter what team or ship you played, you'd be rewarded appropriately for your effort. 

I wouldn't mind playing a match that I knew would end in my side being obliterated, as long as I was rewarded based on how badly we "lost".

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,725 posts
12,933 battles

Reminds me of the idea I had where teams had a limited number of “tier points”.

9 players max, but T10 is 20 tier points, T9 is 15, and T8 is 10. (Just tossing out numbers.) Give teams 90 tier points to play with. So they could bring 4 T-10 and 1 T-8. Or bring 9 T8 ships.

Sign in to follow this