Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

Some thoughts on Twilight Battle

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

963
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,054 posts
10,823 battles

Interesting what if thought. What if twilight battles became the basis for a new game mode for tier X ships where the goal is to play as three clan members going against bots and trios from two other clans to earn coal and in some very rare instances steel for the clan treasury? Sort of make it become an in-between pvp and pve mode where the goal is to escape with resources for your clan. Could that be the end goal for testing this battle mode?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,107
[POP]
Members
4,667 posts
12,429 battles

Lots of previous events and special modes have ended up serving as testbeds for upcoming ideas before they even get to the normal ST stage (reload boosters for the Halloween events before the French cruisers and battleships, subs last year, etc, even some very old things like bastion showing up in modified forms in the Halloween and Dynamo ops). Now that we’ve had two team v team v team modes (Twilight battles and Rogue Wave), I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see it show up again in some sort of clan based game mode, but there would probably end up being a lot of tweaks and changes before it turns into something that would be stable as an almost multi clan battle royale that draws a consistent playerbase without detracting from the player counts in randoms.

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,795
[SALVO]
Members
25,512 posts
27,483 battles
15 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Interesting what if thought. What if twilight battles became the basis for a new game mode for tier X ships where the goal is to play as three clan members going against bots and trios from two other clans to earn coal and in some very rare instances steel for the clan treasury? Sort of make it become an in-between pvp and pve mode where the goal is to escape with resources for your clan. Could that be the end goal for testing this battle mode?

I don't like the idea of it a mirror of twilight battles (i.e. 3v3v3 with bots).  I dislike the small teams with a passion.  I want full on BATTLES, not mini-skirmishes.  I'd rather see some kind of Clan Raid mode where it was something like 7v7 or better yet 8v8.  And absolutely no truces.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
963
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,054 posts
10,823 battles
34 minutes ago, MidnightPhoenix07 said:

Lots of previous events and special modes have ended up serving as testbeds for upcoming ideas before they even get to the normal ST stage (reload boosters for the Halloween events before the French cruisers and battleships, subs last year, etc, even some very old things like bastion showing up in modified forms in the Halloween and Dynamo ops). Now that we’ve had two team v team v team modes (Twilight battles and Rogue Wave), I honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see it show up again in some sort of clan based game mode, but there would probably end up being a lot of tweaks and changes before it turns into something that would be stable as an almost multi clan battle royale that draws a consistent playerbase without detracting from the player counts in randoms.

That's why I think this is the precursor to a new mode. The rogue wave did not do a good job of giving people something to play for together that was any different from a typical Random battle. To be fair, the Rogue wave event was a bit lame. This event, however, by giving people a specific thing to play for and also making it so more than one team can get positive from it, seems like a winner. Also, three players from a clan is much easier to achieve than 6-8. In fact, it's so easy I wouldn't be surprised to see lone wolf players doing it too if it came about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
963
[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,054 posts
10,823 battles
15 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

Hell no. Whats more I'm finished with the Halloween events. The players ruined it this year.

I actually think I know what you mean. I left it alone for most of the weekend to focus on naval battle, and when I came back to it last night, discovered that a lot of players have turned very trollish. After dying, I watched a battleship from another team that was fully loaded with filth just sit by the gate and blast any other player from a different team that tried to come near it to get out. It was fully loaded, yet refused to exit, just to sit there and ruin it for anyone else trying to get out with anything. That could present a huge problem with this mode.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,145
[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

easy mode truce or no.   easy to get 1k filth per match even without killing rasputin.   makes 400k credit with 20% flag.  no complaint.  if some idiot want to shoot, I can oblige by killing them.  frankly croco is tough to kill anyway by end of match.   got t8/9 camo so far and will tryto get t10 going forward.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
562
[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts

why the hell does it have to have anything to do with clans? just let us have random fun without organization like doing some kind of job, if people want jobs there are plenty and can make some money actually

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
805
[WOLF9]
Members
4,651 posts
7 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

Hell no. Whats more I'm finished with the Halloween events. The players ruined it this year.

  Events like this make certain types of players think they have a license to grief.  They even start threads bragging about it.   I have no doubt, that if this became a permanent game mode, that it would be just like that.

We'd have 2 types of threads here:   1) people grumbling about the griefing, and 2) people gloating about griefing, and sharing tips on how best to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,928
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,447 posts
20,649 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

  Events like this make certain types of players think they have a license to grief.  They even start threads bragging about it.   I have no doubt, that if this became a permanent game mode, that it would be just like that.

We'd have 2 types of threads here:   1) people grumbling about the griefing, and 2) people gloating about griefing, and sharing tips on how best to do it.

The mode does have a built-in license to grief. It's in the mechanics, and Fem confirmed it in a post earlier. Some people choose to take advantage of it, and some don't.

I imagine if they applied this to clans and clan resources, clans that break treaties would very quickly develop a reputation for doing so, just as they have in every other open PvP game since the beginning of the internet. Of course, it's not clear that this game would benefit from mass clan drama the way other games like EVE Online do, so it'd be a risky move on the designers' parts.

Edited by Edgecase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×