You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
henrychenhenry

Hope you enjoyed the latest edition in the Bounty series!

11 comments in this topic

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts

Hi all!

On behalf of all Pumpkins, I am sure we all want to say: Thank you for being such an awesome community! Less salt, less accusations of yolo'ing, and more fun banter! (Yolo'ing is strongly discouraged, btw.)

I am sure @Femennenly and all of the assistant pumpkins (@Lambo805, @zproxy, @Godlessdonut@LancerUlysses, @NAVYSEABEEPETE, @dylan88jr, @UsagiGumi@Lord_Zath, and @Ataeru) will be very glad that their hard work in running this event paid off for the community (and for the Pumpkins!). Thank you for your service in continuing the tradition that @SuperNikoPower started.

It's been great to have been a Pumpkin, and it's always sad that so many who want to try it out didn't get to. While yes, you do miss out on a lot if you are a dedicated Pumpkin (CW, etc.), 100 years in your personal account can't really compare to being a Pumpkin once. Thanks for the opportunity @Femennenly! It was great fun and was excellent for meeting new players. It's much more than about trying ships with unique builds. So much more.

As of now, Pumpkins have distributed 960,000 doubloons. This number may well pass 1 million over the final 3 hours of the event.

Good night all! And thanks again (community and staff)!

henrychenhenry

Edited by henrychenhenry
  • Cool 4

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles

I enjoy the heck out of being an event captain, far more than I have ever had being on the other side, @Femennenly can permanently consider me a volunteer for these events. As Event_Pumpkin_65 I played 77 matches surviving 17 with a 48.05% WR which is the first time that I didn't end up with a WR better than my live account, oh well, not like it matters. I destroyed 62 Pumpkin hunters and 182 aircraft. One of the high points of the weekend was screaming "Ramming Speed" in chat while ramming an Iowa, who took the ram well, with my Ashitaka. Another was taking the Mikasa out and not only surviving but getting three kills including two DD's in one match.

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
2 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I enjoy the heck out of being an event captain, far more than I have ever had being on the other side, @Femennenly can permanently consider me a volunteer for these events. As Event_Pumpkin_65 I played 77 matches surviving 17 with a 48.05% WR which is the first time that I didn't end up with a WR better than my live account, oh well, not like it matters. I destroyed 62 Pumpkin hunters and 182 aircraft. One of the high points of the weekend was screaming "Ramming Speed" in chat while ramming an Iowa, who took the ram well, with my Ashitaka. Another was taking the Mikasa out and not only surviving but getting three kills including two DD's in one match.

Great to hear you had a great experience as well! :cap_like:

How did the Ashitaka-Iowa ram turn out?

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,473 posts
14,971 battles
7 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

Great to hear you had a great experience as well! :cap_like:

How did the Ashitaka-Iowa ram turn out?

[RAGE]
Members
2,017 posts
9,540 battles

I had no idea when I applied that you got almost every ship in the game, except for steel and coal ships. It was a blast sailing a bunch of new ships.  

• Cool 1

[DVYJC]
Members
4,499 posts
12,237 battles

I am calling it quits at 85 battles. 

This was like the PTS, only better, and I have my eye on a few ships that I got to try and may have to pick up on the main account... Kidd and Cossack, and I improved my Haida skills, as well. Had one Haida match where I survived the game and killed three of the four enemy DDs. Had a good Edinburgh match with four kills as well.

Event_Pumpkin_236 signing out.

Edited by RainbowFartingUnicorn
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Beta Testers, Beta Testers
1,081 posts
11,053 battles

From  Event_Pumpkin_67, I also wish to thank @Femennenly and all of the assistant pumpkins (@Lambo805, @zproxy, @Godlessdonut@LancerUlysses, @NAVYSEABEEPETE, @dylan88jr, @UsagiGumi@Lord_Zath, and @Ataeru

for putting on and helping another great event and the hard work that is put into these.

I also wish to thank the pumpkin captains (old and new event captains) for putting in the time to help out over the weekend.

I for one will be ready to captain again in the next event as I this is great enjoyment for me as I have in all the past events I've been lucky enough to be a captain for.

• Cool 3

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
2 hours ago, DouglasMacAwful said:

I had no idea when I applied that you got almost every ship in the game, except for steel and coal ships. It was a blast sailing a bunch of new ships.  

Yeah, it's fun to try new ships too!

2 hours ago, RainbowFartingUnicorn said:

I am calling it quits at 85 battles. 

This was like the PTS, only better, and I have my eye on a few ships that I got to try and may have to pick up on the main account... Kidd and Cossack, and I improved my Haida skills, as well. Had one Haida match where I survived the game and killed three of the four enemy DDs. Had a good Edinburgh match with four kills as well.

Event_Pumpkin_236 signing out.

Nice to hear about your positive experience!

2 hours ago, Wolff_Punisher said:

From  Event_Pumpkin_67, I also wish to thank @Femennenly and all of the assistant pumpkins (@Lambo805, @zproxy, @Godlessdonut@LancerUlysses, @NAVYSEABEEPETE, @dylan88jr, @UsagiGumi@Lord_Zath, and @Ataeru

for putting on and helping another great event and the hard work that is put into these.

I also wish to thank the pumpkin captains (old and new event captains) for putting in the time to help out over the weekend.

I for one will be ready to captain again in the next event as I this is great enjoyment for me as I have in all the past events I've been lucky enough to be a captain for.

Thanks for sharing your gratitude as well! I'm sure it's much appreciate. :)

Have a great night all!

[FML]
Members
4,314 posts
16,490 battles
4 hours ago, henrychenhenry said:

I am sure @Femennenly and all of the assistant pumpkins (@Lambo805, @zproxy, @Godlessdonut@LancerUlysses, @NAVYSEABEEPETE, @dylan88jr, @UsagiGumi@Lord_Zath, and @Ataeru) will be very glad that their hard work in running this event paid off for the community (and for the Pumpkins!). Thank you for your service in continuing the tradition that @SuperNikoPower started.

I concurr - thanks to you all for running such an impressive (and logistically draining!) event - it was my first time and it felt really smooth and professional. 

Overall, this event was another huge success - the community giving back to the community.  

Looking forward to next time!

[ADN]
WoWS Community Contributors
198 posts
23,740 battles
16 hours ago, Wolff_Punisher said:

No problem :3

[NSC]
Members
2,662 posts
On 11/4/2019 at 1:04 AM, UltimateNewbie said:

I concurr - thanks to you all for running such an impressive (and logistically draining!) event - it was my first time and it felt really smooth and professional. 

Overall, this event was another huge success - the community giving back to the community.  

Looking forward to next time!

Agreed!

On 11/4/2019 at 2:49 PM, UsagiGumi said:

No problem :3

Thanks again! :)