You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shadow_Wolf7

Questions about when new lines are introduced

13 comments in this topic

[T3I0F]
Members
61 posts
2,877 battles

I'm a relatively new player and had some questions about when new lines are introduced. It seems to me when a new line is introduced WG has their event thing going on with a unique currency and stuff (which is pretty sweet). However, I am really confused on the way the ships of the new line are introduced. They appear to all be premiums at first with only a few releasing and then slowly more with time. I got one of the missions to get the Monteccoli  which was awesome but the researchable stuff for the ship was already unlocked and I can't research the next ship. Is this just a normal premium version of the regular Monteccoli that anyone can research and I will have to research the line from the beginning like normal or is this ship temporarily premium until the rest of the line comes out and this premium Monteccoli will turn into a non premium once the entire line is out or what? Really confused since it's gold like a premium but I know it's just a regular ship in the line. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

• Cool 1

[_EASY]
Members
20 posts
10,804 battles

It's a temporary "premium" it will be replaced with the normal ship later.  Also an important PSA whatever captain you have in the temporary version will be trained  to the normal one when the line is released so be careful with where you keep your captains.

Members
1,165 posts

The ships you are referring to are early release of the normal tech tree. 

Once you have one it plays like a premium until the event ends then it will be in your port as a tech tree ship with all your Exp still there for the next ship in line.{play what you got as much as you can for a head start on the tech tree. If you should be lucky enough getting the top tier ship of the early release ships your that much closer to going all the way to tier ten when they become researched.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,245 posts
21,676 battles
21 minutes ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

I'm a relatively new player and had some questions about when new lines are introduced. It seems to me when a new line is introduced WG has their event thing going on with a unique currency and stuff (which is pretty sweet). However, I am really confused on the way the ships of the new line are introduced. They appear to all be premiums at first with only a few releasing and then slowly more with time. I got one of the missions to get the Monteccoli  which was awesome but the researchable stuff for the ship was already unlocked and I can't research the next ship. Is this just a normal premium version of the regular Monteccoli that anyone can research and I will have to research the line from the beginning like normal or is this ship temporarily premium until the rest of the line comes out and this premium Monteccoli will turn into a non premium once the entire line is out or what? Really confused since it's gold like a premium but I know it's just a regular ship in the line. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Early access Grant's you a mission to get a "special" version with all modoules unlocked.

You can move captains in and out, as if it's a premium ship during early access. 

Note: early access ships get no premium bonuses.

Any experience earned during early access stays on ship when tech tree line is released.

[WPORT]
Members
6,609 posts
11,609 battles

The "early access" status means they can't be purchased with credits, and must be earned via missions and/or granted from containers arriving at your port (or a combination of both criteria).

After the "event" has expired, the "early access" ships become part of the "normal" tech-tree (except for true premium ships, such as Duca D'Aosta) for the national line they're a part of (in this case, Italian).  Sometimes ships that are in the low-tiers (Tier-2 through Tier 4) are not part of the event, but become part of the tech-tree after an event is over.

The British CV's and French DD's went through similar introduction processes.

I got Hermes via the event, but hadn't the time to grind the missions necessary to get the Furious.  Had to purchase her, later, with credits.

Glad you're enjoying the Italian event.  :-)

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,074 battles

Heyo!

Welcome to the game, great to have you onboard.

So during the early access stage of line releases, ship missions can be obtained through various ways (depending on the event). When completing the ship mission, you will receive the ship as a "special ship". The ship is as it would be on its full release however from it you are not able to progress further in the line from it until the line is fully released.

For example; with your Monteccoli, you can not research further from her on the line until the full release of the line in update 8.10.

When update 8.10 is released, you will be able to progress from the Monteccoli down the line as normal.

Fem, 

• Cool 1

[CNO]
Members
6,074 posts
18,531 battles

Also, an FYI to OP, this process is relatively new.  I don't recall when WG started it, but it wasn't always this way.  In the beginning, and for a couple of years or so, the original lines were introduced as complete normal tech tree lines.

As for me and my play style, the lines come out so fast I can't keep up anyway. So I'm always a good bit behind the curve so to speak.  By the time I'm ready to pursue these new lines, the premium event is over and they're normal tech tree for me.  This is fine, as it's what I'm familiar with and I've got plenty of old trees I haven't completed.

The nice thing is it's all optional for the most part.  You can work to get those premiums through the events and the special currency if you wish, or just take your time and wait like me.  As for that temp currency, it's good for a lot of other stuff, so it's sort of a win win.

• Cool 1

[GE_S]
Members
1 post
3,118 battles
7 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Also, an FYI to OP, this process is relatively new.  I don't recall when WG started it, but it wasn't always this way.  In the beginning, and for a couple of years or so, the original lines were introduced as complete normal tech tree lines.

As for me and my play style, the lines come out so fast I can't keep up anyway. So I'm always a good bit behind the curve so to speak.  By the time I'm ready to pursue these new lines, the premium event is over and they're normal tech tree for me.  This is fine, as it's what I'm familiar with and I've got plenty of old trees I haven't completed.

The nice thing is it's all optional for the most part.  You can work to get those premiums through the events and the special currency if you wish, or just take your time and wait like me.  As for that temp currency, it's good for a lot of other stuff, so it's sort of a win win.

If I recall correctly, they introduced the whole ‘early-access’ of newer tech tree ships when the British DD’s were introduced.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
21 hours ago, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

As others have mentioned, the T5-T8 are early access this patch. Patch 8.10 is likely to drop next Wed, Nov 13th and the full line should be released. The T1 will be either added to your port or available for 0 silver, so you can start at the beginning if you want. Or pick up at the T5 and go from there.

18 minutes ago, Wing_Zero_317 said:
8 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

If I recall correctly, they introduced the whole ‘early-access’ of newer tech tree ships when the British DD’s were introduced.

It was with the French BB event in Feb 2018 with 7.1 being the early access and 7.2 being the full line at the end of Feb 2018. Every line since has had early access with some having a different format for getting the early access missions than the current one.

• Cool 2

Developers
79 posts
182 battles
On 11/4/2019 at 6:37 AM, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

Those aren't really premiums, but (currently) non-researchable special ships. Earlier they were displayed as premiums (as a simplification "what is not researchable — is premium"), but actually as of recently (current update) there's a separate category with a separate icon: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/update-089-italian-cruisers/#technical-improvements

The difference might be subtle, but what's important — is that it allows to filter (or filter out) those special ships in the carousel.

I feel other points were already answered sufficiently.

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
1,712 posts
4,169 battles
On 11/3/2019 at 10:37 PM, Shadow_Wolf7 said:

The ships are premium until the line is officially launched, when the tiers 2-4 and 9-10 ships arrive.  And the ships are only premium, as far as I can tell, in that they will accept any captain from that country's ships.  So if you have any of the premium battleships or cruisers from the Italians, you can drop them right into that Monteccoli and get sailing.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,048 posts
10,789 battles
19 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

As others have mentioned, the T5-T8 are early access this patch. Patch 8.10 is likely to drop next Wed, Nov 13th and the full line should be released. The T1 will be either added to your port or available for 0 silver, so you can start at the beginning if you want. Or pick up at the T5 and go from there.

It was with the French BB event in Feb 2018 with 7.1 being the early access and 7.2 being the full line at the end of Feb 2018. Every line since has had early access with some having a different format for getting the early access missions than the current one.

Actually, if I remember correctly, they did something like this with the British battleships before that, although the early release for that line was tiers 3-5. The French battleships were the earliest line to do it like it is now.

[PVE]
Members
20,017 posts
12,695 battles
17 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Actually, if I remember correctly, they did something like this with the British battleships before that, although the early release for that line was tiers 3-5. The French battleships were the earliest line to do it like it is now.

IIRC, you did a mission to get the T3-T5 UK BBs when the line dropped. There was no early access that I remember for the UK BBs.